Mach e GTPE Loosing power after just 5sec and even less after just 2 fast corners

OP
OP
Anto

Anto

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-e GT Performance
Country flag
Then I still think my Mach-e GTPE t is a better overall car than a model y performance..much better looking..handling..even interior..
But liking performance car having performance was the most important reason I bought my car and GTPE is giving up on this at least after passing the 5sec(that then are no 5sec but just enough time to let overheat the car even 3 strong acceleration of 3sec with coasting of couple of sec in betwen)
Sponsored

Kanaz

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
Yes but even if Ford covered itself is not fair for the customers that than like me feel this limitation in real life. Is not just if you track the car but even if you push the car on the street with 2 or 3 full acceleration in a row??
How was your exsperience with the Tesla..did you ever had overheating or/and loosing of power like the MACH-E GT OR GTPE?
Thanks
I push the GT all the time on the street - I never have power loss issues until the SOC is decreased. Tesla is the same in that once the SOC is lower it too doesn’t have max power. Tesla is more optimistic on the range (they over promise under deliver) Ford is doing the opposite in this regard, and no doubt some of the reason for limitations. The Model 3 was quicker as it also weighs a TON less. But it’s a car vs a cuv. The Y is simply ugly and I couldn’t care less if it did 0-60 1 second and 200 mph, I don’t want to drive an ugly soccer mom car lol

E5B00EF4-755D-4DAB-BF68-948D7D4E9433.jpeg

OP
OP
Anto

Anto

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I push the GT all the time on the street - I never have power loss issues until the SOC is decreased. Tesla is the same in that once the SOC is lower it too doesn’t have max power. Tesla is more optimistic on the range (they over promise under deliver) Ford is doing the opposite in this regard, and no doubt some of the reason for limitations. The Model 3 was quicker as it also weighs a TON less. But it’s a car vs a cuv. The Y is simply ugly and I couldn’t care less if it did 0-60 1 second and 200 mph, I don’t want to drive an ugly soccer mom car lol

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach e GTPE Loosing power after just 5sec and even less after just 2 fast corners E5B00EF4-755D-4DAB-BF68-948D7D4E9433
How do you drive the GT with one.pedal or not? I noticed the loosing of power for overheating is much less evident without one pedal driving because the car produce less heat because battery has not to regenerate to much and than has more time to cool down when you coast ..with one pedal driving is always producing heat..it is for this that in unbridled extend the one pedal.driving it is also deactivate.

[FONT=Segoe UI, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, sans-serif]AAlso off topic I'm driving without fake engine noise and I can hear at low speed kind of a little of rattle noise that is different from the wining of the electric motor?I don't know if it is some problem or maybe I have something stock between tires or suspensions or maybe it is just normal?.. do you hear the same noise? It is very mild anyway..thanks[/FONT]

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
What I didn't appreciate that Ford never said anything about this loosing of power to his potential customers. Other company like Porche Audi tell you the car has a launch boost and then consistent minor power that anyway is much more the the GTPE on the top trims but understand are more expansive too.

Ford definitely was NOT transparent (and still isn’t) about the 5 second limitation.

They did “technically” say something about it though.

Around July 2021, on a disclaimer on a press release on the Ford Europe site the disclaimer for 480 hp mentions “available for 5 seconds” or something along those lines.

And as we have found out, even the 5 seconds isn’t a full 5 seconds depending on the situation.

Kanaz

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
How do you drive the GT with one.pedal or not? I noticed the loosing of power for overheating is much less evident without one pedal driving because the car produce less heat because battery has not to regenerate to much and than has more time to cool down when you coast ..with one pedal driving is always producing heat..it is for this that in unbridled extend the one pedal.driving it is also deactivate.

[FONT=Segoe UI, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Roboto, Oxygen, Ubuntu, Cantarell, Fira Sans, Droid Sans, sans-serif]AAlso off topic I'm driving without fake engine noise and I can hear at low speed kind of a little of rattle noise that is different from the wining of the electric motor?I don't know if it is some problem or maybe I have something stock between tires or suspensions or maybe it is just normal?.. do you hear the same noise? It is very mild anyway..thanks[/FONT]
I never use 1 pedal drive on the Mach E GT. I don’t like it at all. Teslas was better in that it was more linear and less aggressive

OP
OP
Anto

Anto

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Ford definitely was NOT transparent (and still isn’t) about the 5 second limitation.

They did “technically” say something about it though.

Around July 2021, on a disclaimer on a press release on the Ford Europe site the disclaimer for 480 hp mentions “available for 5 seconds” or something along those lines.

And as we have found out, even the 5 seconds isn’t a full 5 seconds depending on
I never use 1 pedal drive on the Mach E GT. I don’t like it at all. Teslas was better in that it was more linear and less aggressive
Ok and anyway if we don't use 1 pedal driving helps to avoid overheating and performance..the car can coast and cool down before the next acceleration with 1 pedal always stays active producing heat. Even if in unbridled mode we can not really cancel one pedal driving will be always be some even in engage a little less but still.. the only mode is completely off is whisper. I was liking 1 pedal but for this now I don't use it anymore

andredj20020

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, ordered Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
I got a GTPE at the beginning of October one of the first. Very happy about looking comfort handling driving..than I discovered by myself driving it this 5 sec rule..I couldn't belive it..the problem is is not just 5sec full power but even if you push for a couple o turns having some fun and sport driving without floor for 5 sec but 2 or 3 second at the time the car die after 2 turns and is very bad..cancel all the good there are (looking, handling etc..)
Who buys a GT or more like me a GTPE for 70k buy for Performance and you can not have just 2 turns in a row and the car dies is inaceptble like Edmunds says ..IT IS A PERFORMANCE MODEL WHAT IS THE POINT?
Any way Ford was measleading with the marketing of the car didn't mention this at all. If I knew probably I wasn't order one and saved the money for a Tesla Y performance that I never liked and looks like a Fish/Panda mix? handle bad but at least push hard and it is fun.
Very bad for Ford unfair for customer..if Ford wasn't able to make a decent performance ev yet should have waited longer and improve his technology and most of all should have not betrayed his customers.
I just hope that seeing all the complains Ford can act software wise and fix this problem even if will cost them some money in warranty because some battery will go bad but they will have to fix the damage they create to customer like me and many other will find this big problem that will be the major part of people that buy a GTPE becouse you buy for PERFORMANCE!!!!!
I love this about the Porsche Taycan, no matter how much you push it the performance is consistent.

Kanaz

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I love this about the Porsche Taycan, no matter how much you push it the performance is consistent.
Yup - however it’s doesn’t have the range exactly for this reason. It’s not a long distance EV - you can’t get around battery physics currently, it’s one or the other. A combo of range and performance will result in what we see with the MME. As you know on the Taycan Forums ( I owned one before the MME) it barely could hit 200 miles - typically saw 180. As a city car fine, outside of that no good

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
The Taycan doesn’t get full boost power all the time either. It, like the Mach E GT, is consistent on “low power mode.”

The difference is that Porsche doesn’t loose quite as much power off boost mode and they advertise the exact power levels in both modes.

dtbaker61

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.envirokarma.org
Vehicles
MME (delivered 2/26/21), DIY eMiata BEV
Occupation
Solar Sales/install
Country flag
I LOVE 1-p, and knowing all that braking energy is being re-captured. I wish it were MORE aggressive to be more effective when coming into a corner so I never had to use mech brake.

andredj20020

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan, ordered Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
Yup - however it’s doesn’t have the range exactly for this reason. It’s not a long distance EV - you can’t get around battery physics currently, it’s one or the other. A combo of range and performance will result in what we see with the MME. As you know on the Taycan Forums ( I owned one before the MME) it barely could hit 200 miles - typically saw 180. As a city car fine, outside of that no good
Yes I agree, Range is primary reason I'm choosing to take delivery of the MME-GTPE.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Regenerative braking occurs whether one pedal is on or not. It still happens when you press the brake pedal.

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Regenerative braking occurs whether one pedal is on or not. It still happens when you press the brake pedal.
When in unbridled extend is enabled the regen braking is disabled, but I doubt most people are driving around in that mode all the time.

I do wish ford would give us an option where we can select the amount of lift off regen like other EV's I keep to whisper as I don't like the amount of lift off regen you get in the other modes, and while I like the softer suspension setting for daily use I am really not a fan of the lighter weight steering on what is an already rather vague steering feel where as at least unbridled adds some weight to it so it really becomes as case of pick your poison :(, Ideally ford really needs to add a 4th individual drive mode that lets us fussy types pick n mix from the 3 presets for the suspension, lift off regen, throttle mapping and steering weight.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
When in unbridled extend is enabled the regen braking is disabled, but I doubt most people are driving around in that mode all the time.

I do wish ford would give us an option where we can select the amount of lift off regen like other EV's I keep to whisper as I don't like the amount of lift off regen you get in the other modes, and while I like the softer suspension setting for daily use I am really not a fan of the lighter weight steering on what is an already rather vague steering feel where as at least unbridled adds some weight to it so it really becomes as case of pick your poison :(, Ideally ford really needs to add a 4th individual drive mode that lets us fussy types pick n mix from the 3 presets for the suspension, lift off regen, throttle mapping and steering weight.
Has Ford printed this in their description of Unbridled Extend?

Someone who posts here added instrumentation to their Premium and found that regenerative braking occurred regardless of mode selection. Whisper, Unbridled or otherwise.

Mach-E Brake Pressure Data for Each Drive Mode | MachEforum - Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

Last edited:

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
Has Ford printed this in their description of Unbridled Extend?

Someone who posts here added instrumentation to their Premium and found that regenerative braking occurred regardless of mode selection. Whisper, Unbridled or otherwise.

Mach-E Brake Pressure Data for Each Drive Mode | MachEforum - Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum, News, Owners, Discussions
A bit late to to follow up on this, this information was relayed out during the GT/GTPE press launch back in November of course it is press info so have really have to take anything ford says when it comes to the GT / GTPE with a more than a pinch of salt lol. Most of the press will have reported on this along with the power split change for this mode.

For example

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a37920445/2021-ford-mustang-mach-e-gt-drive/

"Unique to GT models is a new Unbridled Extend mode, which is designed to provide sustained performance over longer runs by optimizing the battery's thermal management and setting all of its chassis systems to full attack. In this mode, the brakes become more responsive and devoid of regen, the steering gets more linear, and the volume of the love-it-or-don't powertrain synthesizer that plays through the stereo speakers increases slightly (it can be turned off if you prefer near silence). The front-to-rear power split also becomes rear biased, going from 50/50 to 40/60, and the thresholds for traction and stability control intervention are relaxed"

The lack of Regen is certainly better for track where you really want a consistent brake feel without having to worry about regen suddenly not being active however with the heavy weight of the mach-e it needs a much better brake setup for track IMO then again it probably wont take many hot laps before your in a low state of charge or the tires are cooked so it is probably not much of an issue anyway.

I just see the unbridled extended as a band aid to work around the problem of the performance just not being there to begin with so it all gets dial back to keep everything within the limitations while allowing marketing to tick the show it on track check box.
Sponsored