Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
That looks awesome! Contemplating removing my front bracket, but worried about what's underneath and getting a ticket :).
License plate wraps are ONLY available in California (surprised?).
Sponsored

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT-PE, 1979 Fire-Am, 1972 K/5 Blazer
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
License plate wraps are ONLY available in California (surprised?).
Well, they're legal only in California under the DMV pilot program. There are front plate stickers available that some people use. These are likely not legal in any state, but depending on the police where you normally drive you might be able to get away with it. I know where I live I could not. I installed my sticker last night and I've already been pulled over and had to show my paperwork proving legality. ???

babgvant

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
Well, they're legal only in California under the DMV pilot program. There are front plate stickers available that some people use. These are likely not legal in any state, but depending on the police where you normally drive you might be able to get away with it. I know where I live I could not. I installed my sticker last night and I've already been pulled over and had to show my paperwork proving legality. ???
I see lots of cars without front brackets here in IL (Mach E next street over is one) so I suspect that it's more of a tack-on ticket if they pull you over than something serious.

Reactions: ARK
OP
OP
RetiredDP

RetiredDP

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Focus RS
Occupation
Retired Director of Videography, Editor, Compressionist
Country flag
Congratulations on doing it legally! I've had my wrap-plate on for a few months now, w/no problems. But I DO carry the authorization letter, and original plate, in the frunk.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
I see lots of cars without front brackets here in IL (Mach E next street over is one) so I suspect that it's more of a tack-on ticket if they pull you over than something serious.
Heh, in my town they will pull you over for the smallest thing. Almost makes me wish I didn't try to be cool and just got the front plate bracket installed by the dealer. Almost, that is... ??

kindofblue

First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Mach e Premium 11/5/22, '23 BMW i4 40
Occupation
Psychologist & developer of digital tools for alcohol misuse
Country flag
My front license plate wrap came in the mail today. I just finished cleaning up my stuff after installing it. ???

546EC349-B6B3-4BFD-B9AC-CA274F0FE428.jpeg

D42810DF-3225-44AB-8D87-416F2A56B837.jpeg

Definitely needed the heat gun on low to make it conform. ???
Very cool. Thanks for the tip on the heat gun.

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
My front license plate wrap came in the mail today. I just finished cleaning up my stuff after installing it. ???

546EC349-B6B3-4BFD-B9AC-CA274F0FE428.jpeg

D42810DF-3225-44AB-8D87-416F2A56B837.jpeg

Definitely needed the heat gun on low to make it conform. ???
do you got a picture further back? maybe showing the whole car. want to get a better idea

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag

krazieboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang
Country flag
Crappy pix from work. ???
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GTPE owner installs new California "Decal Plate" F510846C-0C76-4616-9BFC-780264AB1E2F
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GTPE owner installs new California "Decal Plate" F510846C-0C76-4616-9BFC-780264AB1E2F
thanks!

actually doesn't look bad at all. i currently dont have plates on the front and was considering this if they gave me issues heh

pacman7474

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
If I wanted to wrap my grille and get this as my front plate, would it work on a premium trim? Just wondering about the spacing between the grille area and the shutters.

HuntingPudel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering
Country flag
If I wanted to wrap my grille and get this as my front plate, would it work on a premium trim? Just wondering about the spacing between the grille area and the shutters.
If the shutters on the Premium are the same as on the GT, there is not enough space between them. The legal size of a license plate is 6” tall by 12” wide. Measure between your shutters. 🤷‍♂️🐩

Tngo23

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22-GTPE, Lexus GS350 F Sport, Porsche 911 SC
Occupation
Chilling
Country flag
Heh, in my town they will pull you over for the smallest thing. Almost makes me wish I didn't try to be cool and just got the front plate bracket installed by the dealer. Almost, that is... ??
LOL.....Looking Cool is worth all the wrong or trying things we do in life.....JK

Speaking on behalf of LE since as I am retired now....I agree that some Departments will have tendencies to nag on the little things bc they don't know any better or prioritizing calls........ from pulling someone over in a new MME about front license plate.....SMH

I was never that type of an Officer! I believe society has changed so much and Law Enforcement is no different....

Letter of the Law vs Spirit of the Law....
However, there are instances where you must apply the "Letter of the Law" bc of the infraction or offense......

Luckily for me, I don't have the front license plate installed nor I will get a ticket if I do get pulled over......Just a PITA
I do however like the decal style of the Ca 1960's edition of Black/Yellow which matches Cyber Orange like it was made for it.....
Sponsored