Mach-E GTPE showing 166 miles @ 100% Charge

JB1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e GTPE
Country flag
Hi All,

Apologies for the redundancy if this has been discussed in other threads.

So far I have had the vehicle under two weeks and truly enjoyed it but have a concern. I am aware of the GOM being highly inaccurate but 166/260 just seems to be a bit far from the norm. I live in the Midwest and this has me a bit concerned as I switched to snow tires and head to the deep of winter.

Does this seems to be paranoia or a reasonable concern?

C978E294-920B-4154-9B44-1A06814ED652.jpeg
Sponsored

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Stop stomping it every time and the mileage guess will go up =)

AlpaChino

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium eAWD Ext Range, Rapid Red
Country flag
Reset your ev driving history in sync and see what your GOM says. If there is a massive improvement, then it's likely your drive style is contributing to a lower average efficiency.

I drive a premium 4x, and yes I've noticed a lower estimate due to colder temps in the Midwest (I'm in Indiana btw), but nothing beyond a 15% difference from the advertised 270 mi range. And the lower range estimate has been overly conservative from recent tests.

whadenIV

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GTPE, '02 M3, '11 F-150
Country flag
i've got my GOM up to 220 miles at 90% finally. I'm using 1PD all the time now and it's helped.

breeves002

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT PE
Country flag
10000000 threads on poor range. Check your actual consumption. Reset trip 1, drive 500 miles and see what it says. You can then calculate your actual range. The GOM gets VERY conservative as it gets cold and the heater kicks in.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

Sully

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium ER AWD
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Midwesterner here - South Dakota. I agree with @timbop - don't worry about what the charging detail shows. I have noticed when I start charging it shows a low estimate, but once it actually charges to 90% (my desired level) it is a higher estimate.

EDIT: I just keep an eye on my % charge and the mi/kWh

Last edited:
Reactions: ARK

buzznwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
focus st & GTPE
Country flag
As others have stated the GOM can be easily fooled into being very inaccurate, I live at the top of some hills and the shops are all at the bottom, so my grocery shopping trips always have great mi/kwh on the way down thanks to regen and woeful <2 on the way back as its all uphill and that is normal lead feet free driving .

So anytime I get in the car after a shopping trip the GOM is always in a very pessimistic mood, compared to when commuting as my journey is much longer so the final up hill section has less of an impact.

I always treat the GOM reading with a very large dose of salt and look at the charge % and mi/kwh far more, which is leads into another thing Ford really needs to fix ASAP and that is to add a realtime mi/kwh to the dash display the same way you get a mpg on pretty much most ICE vehicles today.

I should not need to look over and down at a recently used tab (I will typically have android auto active on the main screen) to see it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Well you have to pay attention to some form of how much energy you have left, rough estimate or not. Otherwise you can end up in a bad situation.

SOLIDAge

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD Premium
Country flag
There are tons of videos by like OutofSpecMotoring that always call out how crazy conservative the estimate is so I wouldn't worry about it.

Casavage

First Name
Cindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
Hi All,

Apologies for the redundancy if this has been discussed in other threads.

So far I have had the vehicle under two weeks and truly enjoyed it but have a concern. I am aware of the GOM being highly inaccurate but 166/260 just seems to be a bit far from the norm. I live in the Midwest and this has me a bit concerned as I switched to snow tires and head to the deep of winter.

Does this seems to be paranoia or a reasonable concern?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E GTPE showing 166 miles @ 100% Charge C978E294-920B-4154-9B44-1A06814ED652
I have the same concern. Charged the car to 100% today after getting my new Ford charger installed. Range says 206. I bought the extended range battery so I was expecting it to be closer to 300. Did they install the wrong battery?

0405ADFB-2B6C-4133-9E72-C114638736C9.jpeg

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I have the same concern. Charged the car to 100% today after getting my new Ford charger installed. Range says 206. I bought the extended range battery so I was expecting it to be closer to 300. Did they install the wrong battery?

0405ADFB-2B6C-4133-9E72-C114638736C9.jpeg
No, they did not install the wrong battery. Forget about about what that estimated range says. The range displayed is an ESTIMATE, and a not very accurate one either. It's referred to as the "guess-o-meter", which should convey how much you should worry about what it says.

read this:
https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...ulate-how-far-your-mach-e-can-really-go.6104/

whadenIV

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 GTPE, '02 M3, '11 F-150
Country flag
GTPE GOM "Success" results.
right now my GoM sits at 231 miles with a 90% charge - with roughly calcs to 257 at 100%

Yes. GoM is a guess/estimate and isn't always accurate as everyone says. there are just too many factors that can affect range at any given moment. That said - I was able to get my estimate up over time.

I've had the car for two weeks.
I have 1,182 miles on the clock
Temps here in MD have ranged between 38 to 70 degrees.
I haven't used the climate control very much. I have the Departure set at Warm - and only use heated seat/wheel in the morning.

The initial GoM range was about 175 at 99% at delivery.
I drove the car in Engage or Unbridled using two pedals. I was averaging 2.4 to 2.6 mi/kWh on a 40 mile round trip commute for the first week. GoM estimates didn't move much.

In Week 2, I started using 1 Pedal in Unbridled exclusively and did 3 trips that took the battery percentage down to 30% (along with the 40 mile commute). I started averaging around 3.0+ mi/kWh and the GoM estimate each morning started to go up. While playing the mi/kWh game I found that using Cruise held the average down, but when driving without cruise - doing a 1 pedal "coast" at speed from time to time (safely with no one behind me) the regen really bumped the average up.

I think my point is that the estimates do adjust with driving style, but the mi/kWh (and doing math in your head?) ((and regen)) is(are) your real friend.*

*Your results may vary
Sponsored