Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
The hardware prep kit necessary for Assisted Driving is standard on Premium LR AWD. Software will be $600 when available later. Early MME buyers will receive $100 credit at time of car purchase, making the software’s true cost $500.
I am so stoked. $500 software update so reasonably priced compared to $7000 for Tesla Self Driving update. I understand the $7000 Tesla Self Driving software update may have more features, but I'm not so sure I want all those extra features.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I am so stoked. $500 software update so reasonably priced compared to $7000 for Tesla Self Driving update. I understand the $7000 Tesla Self Driving software update may have more features, but I'm not so sure I want all those extra features.
Price has gone up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Hands-Free Active Drive Assist PRICING Announced, OTA Update Available in Q3 2021 1608181484737

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Price has gone up.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Hands-Free Active Drive Assist PRICING Announced, OTA Update Available in Q3 2021 1608181484737
that is nuts. Looks like Tesla is pricing it high because maybe it is not really ready and pricing it this high will convince buyers to NOT get it now until Tesla is absolutely sure it really works.

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
that is nuts. Looks like Tesla is pricing it high because maybe it is not really ready and pricing it this high will convince buyers to NOT get it now until Tesla is absolutely sure it really works.
Nope. Pricing high because Elon thinks it is worth it and thinks once completed the value will be $100k, so you're getting a bargain now.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Nope. Pricing high because Elon thinks it is worth it and thinks once completed the value will be $100k, so you're getting a bargain now.
Has he checked the competition lol

NoMoShocks

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Bolt Premier EV, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander GT PHEV
Occupation
Electrical product safety engineer
Country flag
Price has gone up.

You scared me because at first I thought you were saying Ford software update had gone from $500 to $10,000. I don't think the scope of Ford update and Tesla Full Self-Driving are the same, but then I also think the scope of Tesla Full Self-Driving is pie in the sky.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
You scared me because at first I thought you were saying Ford software update had gone from $500 to $10,000. I don't think the scope of Ford update and Tesla Full Self-Driving are the same, but then I also think the scope of Tesla Full Self-Driving is pie in the sky.
It might be like the Tesla truck. Pay now and maybe in 3 to 4 years it may exist.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Tesla FSD Monthly Subscription Coming Soon

At >$100 a month, it sounds expensive. No mention of cost for a prep package.
Wow that is expensive. No way would I pay that kind of money but then again I do not know if I could trust my life to a machine. Yes it makes you look straight ahead but if I do not need to actually pay attention I could see straight ahead and day dream and not pay attention at all. In short you can be staring ahead but the reality is I might as well be asleep. I would not be able to react soon enough.

I love the concept but not the reality.

OttawaGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD SR, F150 XLT Special Edition
Occupation
Busy!
Country flag
I hear you... People who are shedding so much money for something not activated/legal yet are dumb!
The Model 3 has been around for what 3 yrs now... imagine you paid that (ok it wasn't 10k) 3 yrs ago...financing it,but have yet to be able to use it!!!!
Sponsored