generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME Premium AWD SR Infinite Blue
Country flag
Hmm. Most of that makes it sound like a one-time purchase. But this one line implies that it's a subscription. Does that mean that it's actually $200 a year forever?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Hands-Free Active Drive Assist PRICING Announced, OTA Update Available in Q3 2021 1604061666974

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Hmm. Most of that makes it sound like a one-time purchase. But this one line implies that it's a subscription. Does that mean that it's actually $200 a year forever?

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Hands-Free Active Drive Assist PRICING Announced, OTA Update Available in Q3 2021 1604061666974
Correct - it will be $600 to activate/unlock the software, which will also include 3 years of service. Time will tell how the subscription service will evolve after that point.

I had always anticipated a subscription model, and I expect other manufacturers will follow suit.

Now that we now initial costs, I'm much more interested in a nice interactive map showing me where I'll be able to use it.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
As part of the available Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 package, customers will also receive Active Park Assist 2.0, the latest iteration of park-assist technologies to give drivers some peace of mind when parking their F-150 or Mustang Mach-E. With Active Park Assist 2.0, simply holding a button will allow the vehicle to take control of parking in parallel and perpendicular spaces with ease. It also offers Park Out Assist with side-sensing capability so drivers can confidently navigate out of a parking spot when someone’s parked too close.
Can anyone help me make sense of this part? I thought the Mach E would have Active Park Assist from delivery. Lots of Ford vehicles already have it. Darren Palmer has demonstrated it a couple of times in home videos.
  • Do we not get Active Park Assist from the start?
  • Is there something different about Active Park Assist 2.0 that I don't understand?
  • Can I park and unpack from my phone like some cars do from their fob?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
3 years for $600 and then another transaction cost if owners want to convert the subscription to a purchase. This seems fair and a far better deal than Tesla's FSD.
I think its $600 for software purchse and a 3 year subscription. Hopefully they're reasonable with the subscription later, but we'll see. The general connectivity package is 3 years included, this is 3 years included; methinks the Ford execs have fully adopted the idea of customers being an ongoing revenue source. Let's hope all of their post-intro subscriptions are reasonable ($20/mo or less).

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I think its $600 for software purchse and a 3 year subscription. Hopefully they're reasonable with the subscription later, but we'll see. The general connectivity package is 3 years included, this is 3 years included; methinks the Ford execs have fully adopted the idea of customers being an ongoing revenue source. Let's hope all of their post-intro subscriptions are reasonable ($20/mo or less).
Don't forget the $100 early adopter discount!

RVAtom

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Country flag
I will be really interested to see a map of what 100,000 miles of US roads the feature is available on. The road from Richmond to Charlottesville is one of the most boring and uneventful stretches I ever deal with, and seems perfect for hands free driving.

I don't hate the idea of a subscription fee as long as the updates are worth it. No one is still writing any software updates for my 2010 F-150. It is a dead end. But if our MMEs are expected to get better via OTA software updates, we have to pay the people to write that software.

jdmrc93

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition in Grabber Blue
Occupation
IT Network Engineer
Country flag
I agree, $500 isn't bad AT ALL. But I still hope FEs (ESPECIALLY the Mach Drop FE customers dealing with this fiasco) get it for free. When you take that recent price drop into consideration for the premiums but NOT the FEs....

How is that $100 discount applied? I see the paper in the original post, but is that something that we're required to get? Is this signed at time of delivery, so therefore, dealers will have this?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Can anyone help me make sense of this part? I thought the Mach E would have Active Park Assist from delivery. Lots of Ford vehicles already have it. Darren Palmer has demonstrated it a couple of times in home videos.
  • Is there something different about Active Park Assist 2.0 that I don't understand?
Yes, the park assist is available at delivery; it seems only the handsfree is an additional fee. The wording also does suggest that there is a mode to pull out of a non-parallel parking space when some nitwit has parked too close to your door for you to get in. It doesn't mention parking without you in it though, so my guess is you have to start with a space that has plenty of room to open your door after you park.

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
  • We get Active Park Assist 2.0 from the start
  • Active Park Assist 2.0 adds operation of the brake and gear selection
  • No, you have to be in the car holding the Park Assist button in the whole time it's parking

generaltso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It says that the software will be availabe when cars are built in Job 2. Does that mean that all cars built before Q3 of 2021 are considered Job 1?

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
I’m not interested in any subscriptions or membership fees. I buy it’s mine. I upgrade it, still mine. I mod it, that’s on me.
Sponsored