Advertisement

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric, Ford C-Max Energi, 1999 F250 PSD, 2000 F250 PSD, 1968 GTO, 1955 Bel Air
Occupation
Managet
Country flag
Is the little button at the center of the charge level indicator ring, used to lock and unlock the charge cord? If so does anyone know if there some sort of indication that lets you know if the cord is locked or not.
I think the button in the center of the charge indicator ring is there to force stop a DCFC session. When DC fast charging....the connector is locked and the vehicle will not release the CCS connector until the power is turned off. That is the function of that button on my Focus Electric so I presume it might have a similar use in the MME. Only concern I can think of is that button is inside the cabin on my FFE and it's exterior on the MME so maybe it won't function unless the key fob/PAAK is nearby?

AC (Level 1 and Level 2) charging is a different story. The J1772 connector is not secured by the car but by a locking lever inside the J1772 connector itself. The thumb button lifts up that locking lever and trips a micro switch which signals the car and the EVSE that a disconnect is occurring. That has the net effect of shutting down the power flow from the EVSE to the vehicle.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric, Ford C-Max Energi, 1999 F250 PSD, 2000 F250 PSD, 1968 GTO, 1955 Bel Air
Occupation
Managet
Country flag
That is a better comparison. Exterior dimensions of a BEV is misleading because there usually is much more room inside compared to a similar sized ICE vehicle. The lack of an engine, large transmission, exhaust system and fuel tank means more room for passengers and cargo. :)

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Reaction score
First Name
grahame
Vehicles
kuga st line x RWD ER MACH E on order
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
@ChasingCoral Fabulous pictures and probably the best review I have seen/read yet. Well done.
I for one can't wait for you to get your MME delivered so that you can give those of us who have to wait a little longer your opinion of the REAL car. Keep up the good work. Not long to wait now (for you anyway)

OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
@ChasingCoral Fabulous pictures and probably the best review I have seen/read yet. Well done.
I for one can't wait for you to get your MME delivered so that you can give those of us who have to wait a little longer your opinion of the REAL car. Keep up the good work. Not long to wait now (for you anyway)
I have high hopes for a ride-along next week.

Kamuelaflyer

Reaction score
Vehicles
Old
Country flag
Island time is addictive ;).
it’s a long ways to where I’d need to go. 24 hours plus in airports. I prefer not to do that during a pandemic. Actually I’d prefer not to do that in general too. ;)

I’ll just stay here and enjoy the pastel sunsets. When the fog isn’t in the way anyway.

Woeo

First Name
Woeo
Reaction score
First Name
Woeo
Vehicles
Fusion Energi
Country flag
it’s a long ways to where I’d need to go. 24 hours plus in airports. I prefer not to do that during a pandemic. Actually I’d prefer not to do that in general too. ;)

I’ll just stay here and enjoy the pastel sunsets. When the fog isn’t in the way anyway.
Hard to believe it takes 24+ hours to get anywhere nowadays. Even spotting the five hours from Hawaii to the Mainland.

Is your family from Johannesburg?

Kamuelaflyer

Reaction score
Vehicles
Old
Country flag
Hard to believe it takes 24+ hours to get anywhere nowadays. Even spotting the five hours from Hawaii to the Mainland.

Is your family from Johannesburg?
Connections. Not everywhere has 30 flights a day (pre pandemic). To get to my parents place, I need to take one of 3 possible flights. 2 of those require two more connections. The third one requires up to a 10 hour wait and all 3 require a drive afterwards. Or you could fly all night make one connection (about a 6 hour wait after arrival), then drive a bit over 3.5 hours. Yeah that’s not safe either.

And if you have to go in a hurry, you may get the most convoluted schedule possible.

Time to spare? Go by air.

The logistics for the delivery of our Mach-e’s to be are even more complicated.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicles
2013 Ford Fusion Energi, 2021 Mach-E First Edition (ordered)
Country flag
Connections. Not everywhere has 30 flights a day (pre pandemic). To get to my parents place, I need to take one of 3 possible flights. 2 of those require two more connections. The third one requires up to a 10 hour wait and all 3 require a drive afterwards. Or you could fly all night make one connection (about a 6 hour wait after arrival), then drive a bit over 3.5 hours. Yeah that’s not safe either.

And if you have to go in a hurry, you may get the most convoluted schedule possible.

Time to spare? Go by air.

The logistics for the delivery of our Mach-e’s to be are even more complicated.
that sounds like a HI amount of effort

Advertisement