Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Real world range between the two will be similar. Hard to say which will be higher.
I hope that’s true, but I don’t see how when the Y has demonstrated a repeatable tested real-world range of over the current Mach-E EPA target.
Usually the EPA target is optimistic and based on <50mph driving. Not sure how we’d get anywhere near the 275mi of the Y with an EPA of 270.

If you assume the same drop of real-world to EPA of other vehicles of 1.14 ratio, the best you get is a real world of ~240mi compared to the Y’s 270mi. Not super similar, it’s like a 10% difference on a warm day, let alone a cold one.

https://insideevs.com/reviews/438735/video-tesla-model-y-real-world-range-test/

SashaLondon

First Name
Sasha
Reaction score
First Name
Sasha
Vehicles
Porsche Macan S, waiting MME AWD SR
Country flag

JDRGolfer1

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicles
Ford Mach E
Country flag
I hope that’s true, but I don’t see how when the Y has demonstrated a repeatable tested real-world range of over the current Mach-E EPA target.
Usually the EPA target is optimistic and based on <50mph driving. Not sure how we’d get anywhere near the 275mi of the Y with an EPA of 270.

If you assume the same drop of real-world to EPA of other vehicles of 1.14 ratio, the best you get is a real world of ~240mi compared to the Y’s 270mi. Not super similar, it’s like a 10% difference on a warm day, let alone a cold one.

https://insideevs.com/reviews/438735/video-tesla-model-y-real-world-range-test/
Try car and driver, I trust that more...plus Model Y is not really that good of a comparison, it's more like a car with a taller roof...

Screenshot_20201105-204833.png

Advertisement