Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Two very inconvenient vent controls:

With the main screen covering so much dashboard real estate, these two vent controls are almost hidden behind the screen. Clearly only the driver will adjust the one left of the screen and only the passenger the one to the right. The screen also prevents you from sending all the passenger side air over to the driver or vice versa.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6028
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6097

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
On modern Escapes the lift-gate button is on the same panel as the headlights, perhaps that is there on the Mach-E as well--if they use the same part.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Some screens and displays:

It's very nice to have that small display right up front providing key information.
42% battery providing about 240 miles of range on interstate in the cool rain in an E4x based on recent use. Of course, if people are playing with the car continuously at every stop like we were, that will take a toll.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD IMG_6097

There are clearly a couple of blindspots in the cameras at the back left and back right corners of the car.

I found that same screen to enable/disable Valet mode but didn't find the screen that gives you the valet code. I didn't try entering a pin to see what it gives you. I'll put that on my list for a "planned" visit and on a car that isn't about to be driven to another meeting. I didn't want to mess anything up and tick off Zach!

Lots of options. I'll have to play with Sync 4A a bit more but there were definitely some things I wanted to find that weren't obvious. For example, finding the control to open the rear lift gate from the main screen is not as simple as I would have liked. That should be quick and easy to find.

Looking at that screen im going to be reading the manual foor a few days

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
So glad you got to ride in it! How amazing was that? Any wheel time? :cool: Don't answer if it will get anyone in hot water....

I think I read that the Sync should learn your habits so if you frequently use the hatch release from inside the car it might end up being a hot button on the screen. Pretty cool if that turns out to be true....

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
So glad you got to ride in it! How amazing was that? Any wheel time? :cool: Don't answer if it will get anyone in hot water....

I think I read that the Sync should learn your habits so if you frequently use the hatch release from inside the car it might end up being a hot button on the screen. Pretty cool if that turns out to be true....
Cant you set it as a card on the home?

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Cant you set it as a card on the home?
Possibly. Not sure. I didn't play with the screen that much. The analog controls like steering wheel and foot pedals had my undivided attention. :)

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
did you tell him not to tuck in when wearing a t-shirt?
It was only in the 50s and rainy. After the fact I realized I should have just tossed on my "I can do anything your can do electric" hoodie.

Rotting Piñata

First Name
Adi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon hybrid
Country flag
Silver Spring is so close to home! It would've been nice to see the car in person, but I didn't see the original post until almost 4pm. My time with the car will have to wait until next week (roadtrip to Mach E tour in PA).
I Sent my dealer an email asking when they think test drive vehicles may arrive in the DC area. No answer yet.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
One thing I don't think was talked about from peoples encounter with the MME, his charging programming except daily timing. My curiosity is, apart from being able to set a charge % can you set a charge current (for level 2 home charging)like in the Tesla car? :rolleyes:
Good question. I dug through screens to find how you program it for SOC and didn't find it. There are clearly lots of options and it isn't always intuitive where to find things.

I suspect the learning curve won't be too steep. However, I didn't even have the basics. This wasn't a tour where someone was there to show us around the car. It was more like here's the car. Have fun (without driving it). I'll be back in an hour.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Silver Spring is so close to home! It would've been nice to see the car in person, but I didn't see the original post until almost 4pm. My time with the car will have to wait until next week (roadtrip to Mach E tour in PA).
I Sent my dealer an email asking when they think test drive vehicles may arrive in the DC area. No answer yet.
The Tour stops in Maryland will be closer but it'll be another week. Zach will be back with his car to join the Mach E Tour stops in Baltimore (Koons) on the 11th and in Wheaton at Lindsay Ford on the 18th. Someone else with Ford will be at the one at Apple Ford on the 12th in Columbia.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The 2021 Mustang Mach-E Tour Event is at Apple Ford, Columbia, MD Thursday, November 12, 2020.
It should be a good event. I'll go to Koons Baltimore on the 11th but may stop by Apple Columbia on the 12th too.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The belt steals the show. Epic. Nice looking car also.
Glad you like the belt - Bison Designs. I already had that one on. I only changed shirts and grabbed the right mask for the occasion. Thanks to @Mach-E VLOG for the wardrobe. I only wish the Grabber Blue long-sleeved T had arrived in time. I'll wear that to Baltimore.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
On modern Escapes the lift-gate button is on the same panel as the headlights, perhaps that is there on the Mach-E as well--if they use the same part.
No, it's an on-screen command. Here's the lights panel on the Mach E:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD 122122876_10158656167023326_6862043917650970038_n

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

I had time to sit in it but alas no driving time. That may be coming up next month, though.

I think you're right. If I use the screen to open the liftgate a lot, it will probably become a common screen. Of course, if it were my car I'd have the fob or my phone programmed to it and could do the foot wave. Someone else had the fob!
Sponsored