Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
auto drive should be smart enough to find a covered garage
Tesla will deliver a garage OTA for $350,000 but it's a beta garage. It might do the worst thing at the worst time.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD 1604067805723
Sponsored

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
And I don't know about you but I still can't get enough of those turn signals!
(quietly) I actually really, really don't like the rear turn signal, and hope that Ford will offer an OTA that lets me activate a real Mustang turn signal - if they want the little bar to go like it does, fine I guess, but the three vertical sections should be one full bar at a time, with a delay for each bar, not the continuous fade thing.

this is a very small thing in the big picture, but for me, as a person that smiles every time he sees the graduated signals today, this is one of the few things that really violates the "Mustang inspired" idea.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Finally, let's go inside for a look around.

I didn't want to repeat what everyone else had posted, so
Backseat armrest and cup holders

Backseat vents and USB ports:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Impressions & Photos/Videos from Koons Ford, Silver Spring, MD 1604067805723

My wife was really impressed by the extremely practical little touches. Every "holder" has a nice rubber mat floor (cup holders, phone tray, tray under the phones, etc.). The rubber mats have lips to keep stuff in and is removable for easy cleaning.
Front cup holders:
The rubber mat thing is relatively common in Fords nowadays at least, so I'm glad they kept that.

It's interesting they did both a USB-A and USB-C in the back as well as the front; that's a bit of a nice forward-thinking touch.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
(quietly) I actually really, really don't like the rear turn signal, and hope that Ford will offer an OTA that lets me activate a real Mustang turn signal - if they want the little bar to go like it does, fine I guess, but the three vertical sections should be one full bar at a time, with a delay for each bar, not the continuous fade thing.

this is a very small thing in the big picture, but for me, as a person that smiles every time he sees the graduated signals today, this is one of the few things that really violates the "Mustang inspired" idea.
I could not agree more! I was excited to learn that the Mach E would have sequential tail lights, but the setup that they have looks oddly like the lights are retreating instead of being sequential outwards. On my current car, I manipulated the tail lights via the OBDII port. I wonder if similar customizations will be available (or better yet, an OTA like you suggested)

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
No, it's an on-screen command. Here's the lights panel on the Mach E:
122122876_10158656167023326_6862043917650970038_n.jpg

I don't mean to nit pick, but there is no good reason they couldn't have placed a hatch button right there where the empty spot is next to the lights switch for convenience. Seems like kinda a tesla inspired move to hide it on screen. In fact it looks like a retrofitted switch from another model with the tail button removed. Well at least there is a start stop button.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

Agreed. They didn't quite get that mustang turn signal right.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The rubber mat thing is relatively common in Fords nowadays at least, so I'm glad they kept that.

It's interesting they did both a USB-A and USB-C in the back as well as the front; that's a bit of a nice forward-thinking touch.
And USB-C is mandatory for the EU.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Mark - Good on Koons Ford. I have had complete satisfaction with Koons Baltimore Ford. When buying, it is completely "no pressure" and low stress. As for my assigned sales person - he does not call me just to chat. Everyone knows Koons sells a ton of card and trucks (inventory is 500-600 vehicles), and I know my guy is busy satisfying other customers. Amen.
Will you be at the Koons Baltimore Mach E Tour event on the 11th? I'll be there between 2-3. Zach from Ford said he'd be there with his IB in addition to the Tour folks.

4pac

First Name
Sphen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE/TeslaY
Country flag
You know, that's a very good question. From watching the webinars I wasn't quite sure. When we got in the car I suggested to my wife that was what the space under phones was for. She said "maybe for a wallet or a clutch". She then lifted the armrest and said definitively "that's where my purse is going"!
i wasnt sure which space the purse was for but the space under the armrest didnt seem very big. Any woman with a medium to large size bag is going to have trouble getting their bag to fit. I figured the space under the phones would be safer from people looking into the car/hidden from view but didnt seem that sizeable a space either.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
Will you be at the Koons Baltimore Mach E Tour event on the 11th? I'll be there between 2-3. Zach from Ford said he'd be there with his IB in addition to the Tour folks.
I'll be there 2-3 as well. I wonder how many reservations per hour time slot they take.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I'll be there 2-3 as well. I wonder how many reservations per hour time slot they take.
From what I've heard from other tour stops, the reservations are just to try to space people out. They don't seem to care when you actually show up. If there are few people you get to take your time. If there are lots of customers, you'll get rushed along by the Tour folks.

06VistaGT

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach E, '06 Mustang GT, '06 Explorer, '15 CRV
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Country flag
From what I've heard from other tour stops, the reservations are just to try to space people out. They don't seem to care when you actually show up. If there are few people you get to take your time. If there are lots of customers, you'll get rushed along by the Tour folks.
Agreed. I am not even sure it was worth checking in. The tour guy obliged but didn't seem too concerned. Might have been different if there were a lot of people.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
Thanks...see you in a couple of weeks (I also registered at Apple Ford the next day at 1:00 if I want more time with the car than I can manage at Koons on the 11th).

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Thanks for the "take apart" review! Good stuff.

When you looked at the wipers, where is the washer fluid spouts? Under the hood or on the arms?
Sponsored