Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
Dear Linda
As one of the very first UK customers to have pre-ordered a Mustang Mach-E, we’re delighted to invite you to join us at the Ford Dunton Campus in Essex on Saturday 21st December 2019 and see the car for yourself. This will be the first time that the Mustang Mach-E will be on show anywhere in the UK. The event will run from 11.30 am until 1.30pm and refreshments will be provided.

If you’re unable to attend this special VIP preview event there will be other opportunities to view the vehicle at Dunton for the remainder of the day on the 21st (2.00pm, 4.00pm and 6.00pm) and then at selected Ford dealerships around the country for the following couple of weeks. The full calendar is shown below.

We hope you can attend this special VIP event. Places are strictly limited and by invitation only, though you are welcome to bring a guest with you. To book your place and experience this stunning vehicle, please email your preferred date and time to [email protected] or call 01480 272411 during office hours.
December 2019
Saturday 21st December 2019 – Ford Dunton Campus
Monday 23rd December 2019 - Trust Edgware Road
Friday 27th December 2019 - Hendy Eastleigh
Saturday 28th December 2019 – Marshalls Cambridge
Sunday 29th December 2019 - Hartwell Oxford
Monday 30th December 2019 - BSM Birmingham

January 2020
Thursday 2nd January 2020 – Evans Halshaw, Manchester
Friday 3rd January 2020 - Peoples Edinburgh
Saturday 4th January 2020 - Lookers Leeds
Sunday 5th January 2020 - Sandicliffe Leicester
Monday 6th January 2020 - Dunton Fleet Event
Tuesday 7th January 2020 – Gates Stevenage
Wednesday 8th January 2020 – Haynes Maidstone
Thursday 9th January 2020 - Brighton Dinnages

tom
Sponsored

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
At least they got dates and times on where it will be. Here in the US we just have to get lucky and a sales person contacts us to let us know they will have it at their dealership. Ford UK that is great customer service right their advertising time, dates, and location.

RSVGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 4.2L, Mercedes CLK63, Mercedes CLK55, Audi A6 4.2L
Occupation
Director
Country flag
Whoops in my excitement i missed this thread and started my own on the same topic. Sorry all and in particular Giterdun. Is anyone else form this forum attending this event on Saturday?

RSVGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Director
Country flag
BTW. MY first email started 'Dear Linda' but was recalled as sent in error. I then got a more generic 'Dear Customer'. I can forgive Ford for such a small gaff if the result is an early viewing of this car.

Patches

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost. MME FE RR AWD ER
Occupation
Procurement Consultant
Country flag
I ordered a First Edition AWD with extended battery (for the UK) right after the LA reveal. I'm attending the viewing at the Ford Dunton Campus and also had invites from my Ford Dealer where I bought my Mustang (now 3.5 years old) and from the different Ford Dealer I had nominated in my order (the last Dealer in fact rang me with an invitation). I've said yes to all! Can't wait to see it in the flesh on Saturday, but Ford in their acknowledgment say no photography allowed (cameras not allowed inside the building and have to leave phones in a sealed bag). I find that disappointing!

RSVGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Director
Country flag
I must have missed that part of the invite Patches. I will be at Dunton on Saturday so perhaps we can introduce ourselves. I will be the one wearing the discreet secret camera.........

Patches

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost. MME FE RR AWD ER
Occupation
Procurement Consultant
Country flag
;)...sshh, secret squirrel......

OP
OP

Giterdun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Reanault 4
Occupation
It
Country flag
Weird, like theres no photos already. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

RSVGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Director
Country flag
Prior to attending I also noticed that a condition of attending was not to discuss the launch on social media, that together with the announcement that you would not be able to sit inside the car, almost finished it for me. Very aware of the social media ban, I was lucky enough to talk to someone who did attend and while phones were banned (still can't figure that one out) customers were able to sit inside the car and generally play about with the LHD car that was on display.

I am very reliably advised that the build quality looked very good, the car felt solid and not built down to a price, like the Model 3. There is reasonable leg room in the rear, although the rear passenger entrance might prove tricky for taller passengers and the Panoramic roof was a great extra. The touch screen graphics looked good and the front seats had a good quality feel and finish. All told the owner I spoke to was very impressed with the car and can't wait to take delivery. I am advised that the excellent presentation offer a timeline of Oct' 2020 for UK deliveries and highlighted the Mustang GT launch date as April 2021.

The same car will be just 10 miles form home next Saturday, so I will get along to that launch as well and update you further.

London_Mach-E_Bloke

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi RS3
Occupation
Company director
Country flag
Attended one of the earlier Mach-E events in the UK listed above. Super well organised. Car was blocked off in it’s own temporary room at the dealership that I attended. Red First Edition trim, pretty much. Black interior.

Car looks amazing for a near prototype. Seems very few First Editions coming to the UK. Maybe 500? Hard to confirm but that’s the numbers I could get. First Edition sold out in the UK.

For those who lingered around from our viewing slot we were allowed to sit inside. Great headroom front and back. Tye guy who tried after me was 6’4” and he had no problem in the driver seat as was pretty comfortable in the rear as well.

Very pleased with my pre-order. Got a red LR, AWD. Same as car on display pretty much. Poked around external doors etc.... nothing too plastic-like. Interior feels great. Feels like a European car rather than typical American muscle plastic.....and I always drive a muscle car when in the USA but sure everyone understands.

Gotta say, think Brits and Europeans are going to love this car. The Jaguar I Pace looks great as well but this car has way more balls than the Tesla 3. Probably than the Tesla Y as well.

Cant wait for my first EV to arrive! Currently driving Audi RS3.....

RSVGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Director
Country flag
I went along to the local viewing 11 miles from my home. The dealer had offered a 6pm viewing slot but by 5.30pm when we arrived (without reserving a slot) they were packing up. We had the car to ourselves for a good ten minutes. The car was once again flashing it's headlights to advise it was low on power, but a five minute charge from a battery pack was enough to stop this and allow the truck driver to put the car onto the curtain sided truck. Keen to see the car on the move, I even got a job making sure he was correctly lined up as he glided up the trucks ramp.....silently. I thought the car looked great on the move.

One thing I noticed was the rather odd door handle arrangement on the front doors. It's a kind of dog leg metal affair which to be honest looked a little pre-production. I visited the Jaguar Dealer two days later (to look at the i-Pace) and he told his colleague somehow managed to break one of the Mach E door handles, although this was not obvious when we saw the car, and we were pretty much the last people to view it that day.

Not been this excited about a new car for a while, so I can't wait.
Sponsored