Mach-E: Initial Cost of Ownership Calculator

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
As I was putting this document together (mostly for myself), I decided part way through to make some adjustments so that others can leverage the research I've already done. This basic calculator has all of the EV rebates and tax credits available in California, along with my notes and references for each one. In addition, I added in other costs and savings factors I used to calculate the initial cost of ownership.

Unless there are any county specific refunds/rebates that I'm unaware of, I'm fairly confident I have California covered. If anyone one else wants to contribute the same information for your state, let me know and I can add another tab to the spreadsheet for others to reference.

Feel free to make a copy of this Sheet if you want to make your own additions to this.

Mach-E: Initial Cost of Ownership Calculator
Sponsored

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
Cool, thanks for sharing that. Looking over some of the line items, in particular the taxes, it got me wondering about the various tax rates in my state and county, along with what's included or excluded from the taxes (e.g. delivery charge) to how the X-plan pricing factors in. E.g. the X-plan doc and examples I've read said for Ford the 0.4% is calculated on the "invoice" amount, not the MSRP. However, if a dealer has no ADM, wouldn't the invoice amount and MSRP be the same?

This got me thinking even more. While I wait for my Mach-E to be built, I want to get as much of the purchase ($) information documented, or at least in my notes to hopefully avoid any misunderstanding or surprises when I take delivery. So I was wondering is it reasonable or even doable to have the dealer produce an initial invoice for the vehicle that includes all known factors, e.g. model, options, taxes (federal, state, county), registration, plates, delivery, documentation, etc.?

At this point I'm not concerned about tax credits or how my purchase/financing options will factor in, I just want a cost to work from *AND* to see how the X-plan pricing is incorporated affecting the bottom line cost. It's been well over a decade since I purchased a new vehicle and the first time I'll be using the X-plan, so I'm just trying to get a little more comfortable / familiar with the "numbers" before delivery date. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

OP
OP
Eraser

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Cool, thanks for sharing that. Looking over some of the line items, in particular the taxes, it got me wondering about the various tax rates in my state and county, along with what's included or excluded from the taxes (e.g. delivery charge) to how the X-plan pricing factors in. E.g. the X-plan doc and examples I've read said for Ford the 0.4% is calculated on the "invoice" amount, not the MSRP. However, if a dealer has no ADM, wouldn't the invoice amount and MSRP be the same?

This got me thinking even more. While I wait for my Mach-E to be built, I want to get as much of the purchase ($) information documented, or at least in my notes to hopefully avoid any misunderstanding or surprises when I take delivery. So I was wondering is it reasonable or even doable to have the dealer produce an initial invoice for the vehicle that includes all known factors, e.g. model, options, taxes (federal, state, county), registration, plates, delivery, documentation, etc.?

At this point I'm not concerned about tax credits or how my purchase/financing options will factor in, I just want a cost to work from *AND* to see how the X-plan pricing is incorporated affecting the bottom line cost. It's been well over a decade since I purchased a new vehicle and the first time I'll be using the X-plan, so I'm just trying to get a little more comfortable / familiar with the "numbers" before delivery date. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
I recommend checking the DMV for your state to see if they have a calculator listed similar to what I posted in my Google Sheet. That should get you a very close estimate of your out the door price. In addition, I wouldn't expect much of a discount with the X-Plan. Don't get me wrong, any discount is better than nothing, but I don't think it is big enough to make a significant difference in the overall price.
Sponsored