Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
Sandy says, every time we turn around, we find some other "happy little surprise" about the MMe.

Interesting to see those heavy duty castings; makes the MMe easier to assemble, safer to drive and better to operate without vibrations.

Interesting too that Ford has given Sandy some feedback; glad to see that.

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
I'm surprised he didn't say more about how easy it is to replace the cabin filter in the Mach-E.

That's been a big gripe about Teslas. I looked it up one time after hearing about it from multiple people. It's a 14 step process and includes this warning:

" Warning: Do not stretch, bend or otherwise damage the orange High Voltage (HV) cables that are attached to the cabin filter cover. If the HV cables are damaged, immediately discontinue this procedure. HV shock can result in serious injury or death. "

machrapidred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E select standard range awd
Country flag
What model of select are they taking apart? That space could be for self driving but that model does not have the ability (like if it is the comfort appearance package vs tech package).

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
" Warning: Do not stretch, bend or otherwise damage the orange High Voltage (HV) cables that are attached to the cabin filter cover. If the HV cables are damaged, immediately discontinue this procedure. HV shock can result in serious injury or death. "
Translation: Built in a tent.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
"It took us 2 years and the guy in charge had to die" ???
That was my favorite part of the video. Poor Sandy…the brilliant designer being held back by aging engineers and managers who couldn’t take a risk.

I wonder if Sandy slipped arsenic into their coffee or drained their brake fluid prior to their commute; stay tuned for MME Teardown, Episode 14: Design for Death.

OP
OP
EELinneman

EELinneman

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Sr. Dir Cloud & Projects
Country flag
That was my favorite part of the video. Poor Sandy…the brilliant designer being held back by aging engineers and managers who couldn’t take a risk.

I wonder if Sandy slipped arsenic into their coffee or drained their brake fluid prior to their commute; stay tuned for MME Teardown, Episode 14: Design for Death.
Probably put some sort of clips on their office door and starved them to death while they tried screwdrivers and wrenches to get out! ?

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag
I'm surprised he didn't say more about how easy it is to replace the cabin filter in the Mach-E.

That's been a big gripe about Teslas. I looked it up one time after hearing about it from multiple people. It's a 14 step process and includes this warning:

correct you are sir.

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag

Yeah my husband has to reach out to Tesla to get the air filter changed on his Model 3.

With all that being said...this air filter thing is a pleasant surprise. I want to put in a nicer one because of my allergies and that looks easily doable on my own. Kudos to ford for this.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Yeah my husband has to reach out to Tesla to get the air filter changed on his Model 3.

With all that being said...this air filter thing is a pleasant surprise. I want to put in a nicer one because of my allergies and that looks easily doable on my own. Kudos to ford for this.
It is indeed incredibly easy, and exactly like it was on my Hyundai/Kia's. I've swapped mine out with a Pureflow one from Amazon and it's much better, especially with nasty fuel smells from other dirty cars.

I absolutely hate having various outside smells permeate my cars, so I end up swapping in new filters more often than most. Was happy to see Ford made it easy on the Mach-E.
Sponsored