Status
Not open for further replies.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I wasn’t referring to you. Geez ?

As a rule I don’t take advice from people that sell or “offer” things.

So then you should stop telling people how wrong they are and right you are.
I thought you were. Sorry.
Sponsored

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Has anyone been able to get a quote from Geico? Still not listed online - I called about 2 weeks ago and wasn't able to get one over the phone either.

226ra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium (RWD)
Country flag
Has anyone been able to get a quote from Geico? Still not listed online - I called about 2 weeks ago and wasn't able to get one over the phone either.
Not via their online tool. They told me via email

"Unfortunately, we do not have a timeframe on when the 2021 vehicles will be updated on the website. We are attempting to add the new 2021 vehicles as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Rest assured that we can still manually quote this vehicle on the policy.

To obtain a quote for the 2021 Ford Mach-E, you can contact us at 1-800-841-3000.

You can also attempt to manually enter the information on the website. After logging into geico.com and selecting the "Add Vehicle Quote" option, you can enter in the year and make. When selecting the model use the scroll bar to bring you to the bottom of the list and then choose "Other". Once there you can manually enter the make for the vehicle."

I was scared away from buying a Tesla due to the high insurance cost. Am hoping what I am reading on this forum about insurance quotes being in line with any new car of this price range is true.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag

"Unfortunately, we do not have a timeframe on when the 2021 vehicles will be updated on the website. We are attempting to add the new 2021 vehicles as soon as possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience. Rest assured that we can still manually quote this vehicle on the policy.

To obtain a quote for the 2021 Ford Mach-E, you can contact us at 1-800-841-3000.

You can also attempt to manually enter the information on the website. After logging into geico.com and selecting the "Add Vehicle Quote" option, you can enter in the year and make. When selecting the model use the scroll bar to bring you to the bottom of the list and then choose "Other". Once there you can manually enter the make for the vehicle."

I was scared away from buying a Tesla due to the high insurance cost. Am hoping what I am reading on this forum about insurance quotes being in line with any new car of this price range is true.
I called in less than 2 weeks ago and was told they couldn't quote it since it wasn't in their system. The guy was super interested as "his goal" was own a Tesla. Quoted me a Model Y since I figure they're somewhat comparable. I think it's time to shop around anyways.

226ra

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-e Premium (RWD)
Country flag
I called in less than 2 weeks ago and was told they couldn't quote it since it wasn't in their system. The guy was super interested as "his goal" was own a Tesla. Quoted me a Model Y since I figure they're somewhat comparable. I think it's time to shop around anyways.
I was quoted by GEICO $1600/y for a Tesla Model 3, which is about 2x the cost of almost any other new car in the $50K price range. No thanks.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag

they are. I should know. I am an agent.

Reactions: UW2

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I was quoted by GEICO $1600/y for a Tesla Model 3, which is about 2x the cost of almost any other new car in the $50K price range. No thanks.
Yep Tesla are high due to the monopoly on repairs

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I got a State Farm quote for around $475 / 6 months
Guess you contacted an agent to get that quote? No Mach-E listed on their website. Progressive and Essurance/All-State are the only one's I've seen with the Mach-E listed for instant quoting online.

Lukeh02

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
14’ Taurus (21’ Mustang ME)
Country flag
Guess you contacted an agent to get that quote? No Mach-E listed on their website. Progressive and Essurance/All-State are the only one's I've seen with the Mach-E listed for instant quoting online.
I have them right now, I was able to add vehicle to account with VIN.
It did show up as an option, it wasn't showing up until just last week.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I am an insurance agent. I have not found Tesla to be that much higher than any other car. They take more time to get repaired and are more complex. I have found the cost for the MachE to be about the same that it would be for any other similarly priced American car. It will depend on where you live, what your driving history is and what else you have insured with the same company.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Has anyone gotten a quote through Ford Insure?
I checked them out. Ummm they are EXACTLY what I am...a broker. Ford is simply referring you to a broker who will quote you the usual companies like progressive liberty mutual etc.

My advice....forget Ford and find a broker that you feel comfortable with. Ford does NOT own an insurance company. All of the companies that they offer are not coming to give you a SPECIAL discount because you bought a MME. That is called illegal. Now if Ford had their own insurance company that would be different. When you read the info on Ford Insure it refers you to a brokerage in Illinois.

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
I am an insurance agent. I have not found Tesla to be that much higher than any other car. They take more time to get repaired and are more complex. I have found the cost for the MachE to be about the same that it would be for any other similarly priced American car. It will depend on where you live, what your driving history is and what else you have insured with the same company.
I am an agent as well. In Cali Tesla is roughly 50% and more higher then a similarly priced car. When I spoke to claims and underwriting it had to do with the ALL aluminum frame in both the S and X and the monopolistic repair costs of all Tesla’s. So if it is different in your state then that is fascinating.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I checked them out. Ummm they are EXACTLY what I am...a broker. Ford is simply referring you to a broker who will quote you the usual companies like progressive liberty mutual etc.

My advice....forget Ford and find a broker that you feel comfortable with. Ford does NOT own an insurance company. All of the companies that they offer are not coming to give you a SPECIAL discount because you bought a MME. That is called illegal. Now if Ford had their own insurance company that would be different. When you read the info on Ford Insure it refers you to a brokerage in Illinois.
When I look at it, it refers to discounts for safe driving, and usage of Ford/Motorcraft parts for repairs, from sharing FordPass and connected vehicle driving data with Nationwide. Clicking the sign up link takes me to Nationwide. I wonder if you are seeing different results since you're visiting from a different state?

https://www.ford.com/ford-insure/

https://nwexpress.com/fordinsure/multi-quote/getting-started?referrer=Ford.com
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.