Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
I am an agent as well. In Cali Tesla is roughly 50% and more higher then a similarly priced car. When I spoke to claims and underwriting it had to do with the ALL aluminum frame in both the S and X and the monopolistic repair costs of all Tesla’s. So if it is different in your state then that is fascinating.
I am in Northern California. We have had different experiences.
Sponsored

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
When I look at it, it refers to discounts for safe driving, and usage of Ford/Motorcraft parts for repairs, from sharing FordPass and connected vehicle driving data with Nationwide. Clicking the sign up link takes me to Nationwide. I wonder if you are seeing different results since you're visiting from a different state?

https://www.ford.com/ford-insure/

https://nwexpress.com/fordinsure/multi-quote/getting-started?referrer=Ford.com

Hmmm. I looked at the sign up and saw that it was sold they some broker so I went to that broker website.

Now I sell Nationwide also. Nationwide is offering the same discounts as several other companies like Travelers and Safeco. You sign up for exact mileage discount. It is called different things by each company but they are all the same. The insurance company is given access to the computer modem in your car and it relates real time odometer readings. The insurance company verified this MONTHLY. If it less then you claimed on your insurance then your rate goes up. If the opposite it goes down. Nationwide does NOT offer Ford MME discounts specifically. In fact OEM parts (guaranteed new ford parts) are an EXTRA cost and not a discount. Anyway do not be fooled. You can call nationwide or any broker and you should get the exact same quote based on the exact same data.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I am an insurance agent. I have not found Tesla to be that much higher than any other car. They take more time to get repaired and are more complex. I have found the cost for the MachE to be about the same that it would be for any other similarly priced American car. It will depend on where you live, what your driving history is and what else you have insured with the same company.
Interesting. My Allstate agent told me that in MD, Tesla insurance is very high. He was quite pleased to see that it's not the case for the Mach E. In fact, my 2021 Mach E will cost me less than $100/year more than my 2016 Leaf.

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I got a State Farm quote for around $475 / 6 months
I got a quote of $574 from Geico for 6 months, but it also depends on ones limits, most of mine are at the max and or common standard deductibles. I also have a young driver on my account.

MerryBrown

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Escape, Red Ford Mach-E on order
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
Interesting. My Allstate agent told me that in MD, Tesla insurance is very high. He was quite pleased to see that it's not the case for the Mach E. In fact, my 2021 Mach E will cost me less than $100/year more than my 2016 Leaf.
I insure a few Teslas here in Northern CA. I guess it depends on the entire package. The coverage is slightly higher, but when I ran the numbers through my system, the Tesla Y was only $50 more every 6 months than the MachE. That was all the same coverage, same drivers etc.

krafty81

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME AWD EX Premium, 2023 Lexus RX350h
Country flag
I got a quote of $574 from Geico for 6 months, but it also depends on ones limits, most of mine are at the max and or common standard deductibles. I also have a young driver on my account.
588 for me with USAA for six months. Went up 166 from what my 13 Escape is for six months.

benk016

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I got a VIN for a Premium AWD extended range and checked on state farms website.

Old - 2019 Edge ST - $498 for 6 months
New - 2021 MachE4x - $691 for 6 months

At first I was a little shocked, But my last premium from SF had the covid discount on it. I think my average cost before covid was like $590 for 6 months.

They don't have the GT as an option to pick yet, which is what my reservation is for so hoping that won't be too much more to insure. haha

Nick Nick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E RWD SR
Country flag
Quoted £900 here in the UK

recent arrival in the country from Australia, so even though licensing standards are accepted across the two countries my no-claim-bonus doesn't count

so after reading some other insurance quotes ... I'm not toooooo upset by this
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.