Nerwyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Ford MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Update: Car arrived on 12/2/21 at night, 16 days after it was marked as delivered. While I'm happy that I've got my car, I'm still concerned that it was marked delivered so prematurely and Ford corporate support was so unhelpful.

Original post:
I ordered my Mach E on 4/27/21 and after the microchip shortage delays, was told by Ford that I had an expected delivery date range ending on 11/1/21. The first came and passed and still no Mach E. Cue minor panic. Then on the 16th Ford marks my Mach E as delivered to the dealership. Except that it wasn't and the dealer doesn't have it. Cue major panic.

After two completely unproductive phone calls with Ford Corporate and Marketing, they were able to tell me no additional information beyond what was already publicly available on https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking (which now infuriatingly no longer lets me look up my vehicle, insists that the car was delivered, and returns no additional information) and insisted that they could not help me any further.

Now that Ford support has proven to be utterly useless, I tried doing some more research into the vehicles shipment. Palsapp just says that the vehicle is pending leaving Kansas City for an unknown destination, and United Road (made an account to get more info because I'm desperate) says that it will be shipped from Petersburg, VA once they receive it but they don't have it. So both of those are dead ends.

The dealership I'm taking delivery from last reported thar the car was probably still in Mexico, but that was on the 15th and I haven't been able to get them to respond to my messages or give me a straight answer on the phone since then. If the vehicle is obviously not delivered, why the hell do they insist it has been? Am I just screwed since Ford, the dealership, and the shipping companies all have no idea where my car is?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Clint Eastwood

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
I ordered my Mach E on 4/27/21 and after the microchip shortage delays, was told by Ford that I had an expected delivery date range ending on 11/1/21. The first came and passed and still no Mach E. Cue minor panic. Then on the 16th Ford marks my Mach E as delivered to the dealership. Except that it wasn't and the dealer doesn't have it. Cue major panic.

After two completely unproductive phone calls with Ford Corporate and Marketing, they were able to tell me no additional information beyond what was already publicly available on https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking (which now infuriatingly no longer lets me look up my vehicle, insists that the car was delivered, and returns no additional information) and insisted that they could not help me any further.

Now that Ford support has proven to be utterly useless, I tried doing some more research into the vehicles shipment. Palsapp just says that the vehicle is pending leaving Kansas City for an unknown destination, and United Road (made an account to get more info because I'm desperate) says that it will be shipped from Petersburg, VA once they receive it but they don't have it. So both of those are dead ends.

The dealership I'm taking delivery from last reported thar the car was probably still in Mexico, but that was on the 15th and I haven't been able to get them to respond to my messages or give me a straight answer on the phone since then. If the vehicle is obviously not delivered, why the hell do they insist it has been? Am I just screwed since Ford, the dealership, and the shipping companies all have no idea where my car is?
i fear the same though my delivery window was 11/10-11/16. dealership is useless for info.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA EV6 GT, 2021 VW ID.4 Pro S
Occupation
former electric pony jockey
Country flag
have the dealer print and give you the Vehicle Visibility Report for the car. I sat in front of the first lazy sales guy and refused to leave until he got off his chair and walked the 10 feet to the inventory guys desk and added value by pressing buttons on their computer and giving me my VVR.

The VVR has information not available to the end customer and tells the dealer exactly where the car is and where it's been. It is down to car train numbers and dates and times when the transporters check in to the logistics systems. MAKE your dealer provide you with the printout, do not listen to anything coming out of their lying mouths, just make them give you the printout and do not accept anything less than that. This will tell you what's going on with the car.

Next once you have this, or if your shitty dealer refuses to provide it (likely), you have to contact senior Ford folks and have them take action to get your car to you. PM me if you need help with this.

I wonder whether your dealer sold your car to someone else or else something happened to it and they aren't being honest with you. Generally Ford's logistics systems won't lie and say the car is delivered when it's in Mexico, so there is probably some grade A dealer ? shenanigans going on here.

Go nuclear or else you won't ever know what happened to your car.

For reference, my ETA date was 10/31 and my car was in my grubby paws on 10/22 after being stuck for a week waiting local transport to the dealer. So something is definitely not right with your order, and my money is on your dealer having had something to do with your car's disappearance.

Cptmorgemaker

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Edge St, 2021 Lincoln Aviator BL GT
Occupation
Electrical
Country flag
ordered mine 4/27, shipped Sept 29 delivery end was Nov 12 and palsapp at bottom says hold it was bayed though 2 weeks ago so I got that. Pathetically said how people are getting them that have ordered several months after us. Said just waiting dealer tells me in shipping it is in Kansas sitting

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wonder whether your dealer sold your car to someone else or else something happened to it and they aren't being honest with you
This feels like a distinct possibility.

@Ford Motor Company any chance you could get the OP's VIN and run a VVR?

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
Personally I would park my butt in the dealership and make them tell you where the car is. My money is on them not being honest and probably sold it for ADM to some anxious person and now they’re ignoring you because you provide no value. Go get in their faces. Demand to talk to the GM. Contact senior ford management. Get on Twitter. Get loud

connoisseurr

First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Rivian R1T, 23 Tesla MYP
Occupation
IT Engineering
Country flag
Paste your VIN here. I'll try to find it's location.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
My money is on the dealer sold the car for substantial adm and is hoping you go away. Don’t. Get the Vehicle Visibility Report. Contact the Customer Experience Officers at Ford via email and provide tgrr er m with all the information you have including VIN and the VVR. If the dealer refuses to provide the VVR, you gave additional evidence.

The Customer Experience Officer emails can be found at: https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/ford/

@Ford Motor Company may be able to assist you as well.

agoldman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GT Cyber Orange
Country flag
Dealer can request a Ford track and trace at any time. Speak to the general manager and insist!

OP
OP
Nerwyn

Nerwyn

First Name
Nerwyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Ford MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
have the dealer print and give you the Vehicle Visibility Report for the car. I sat in front of the first lazy sales guy and refused to leave until he got off his chair and walked the 10 feet to the inventory guys desk and added value by pressing buttons on their computer and giving me my VVR.

The VVR has information not available to the end customer and tells the dealer exactly where the car is and where it's been. It is down to car train numbers and dates and times when the transporters check in to the logistics systems. MAKE your dealer provide you with the printout, do not listen to anything coming out of their lying mouths, just make them give you the printout and do not accept anything less than that. This will tell you what's going on with the car.

Next once you have this, or if your shitty dealer refuses to provide it (likely), you have to contact senior Ford folks and have them take action to get your car to you. PM me if you need help with this.

I wonder whether your dealer sold your car to someone else or else something happened to it and they aren't being honest with you. Generally Ford's logistics systems won't lie and say the car is delivered when it's in Mexico, so there is probably some grade A dealer ? shenanigans going on here.

Go nuclear or else you won't ever know what happened to your car.

For reference, my ETA date was 10/31 and my car was in my grubby paws on 10/22 after being stuck for a week waiting local transport to the dealer. So something is definitely not right with your order, and my money is on your dealer having had something to do with your car's disappearance.
Asked my dealer contact for the VVR a week ago and never got a response. I'm going to call him on Monday and escalate from there if I don't get it.

This feels like a distinct possibility.

@Ford Motor Company any chance you could get the OP's VIN and run a VVR?
Paste your VIN here. I'll try to find it's location.
My VIN is 3FMTK3RM8MMA45555

veronicablack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium AWD ER Dark Matter Gray
Country flag
Have you tried putting the vin into the FordPass app? I wonder if it would let you or at least give you some kind of warning (or maybe not show the "activation" button if it's already activated?) if the dealership sold it to someone else.

I'm kind of leaning towards this not being the dealer selling it from under you and more some weird issue in transit. I feel like if it was dealer shenanigans they'd be hard pressing you to buy something they have in stock right now.

Also did you post about this on reddit too? I saw a very similar (if not identical) post there. If it's not you, you should get in contact with that person because it seems y'all are in very similar circumstances.

OP
OP
Nerwyn

Nerwyn

First Name
Nerwyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021Ford MME Premium RWD
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Have you tried putting the vin into the FordPass app? I wonder if it would let you or at least give you some kind of warning (or maybe not show the "activation" button if it's already activated?) if the dealership sold it to someone else.

I'm kind of leaning towards this not being the dealer selling it from under you and more some weird issue in transit. I feel like if it was dealer shenanigans they'd be hard pressing you to buy something they have in stock right now.

Also did you post about this on reddit too? I saw a very similar (if not identical) post there. If it's not you, you should get in contact with that person because it seems y'all are in very similar circumstances.
I've got the car in the Ford Pass app and was able to send it my settings and give it a nickname. And yup, I came here from the Mach E subreddit on their advice.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Asked my dealer contact for the VVR a week ago and never got a response. I'm going to call him on Monday and escalate from there if I don't get it.

My VIN is 3FMTK3RM8MMA45555
Not sure how close you are physically to the dealer, but I found out that they tend to not be able to ignore you as easily when you show up and say you're there for your VVR and you don't leave until someone gives you it.

scoopman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Personally I would park my butt in the dealership and make them tell you where the car is. My money is on them not being honest and probably sold it for ADM to some anxious person and now they’re ignoring you because you provide no value. Go get in their faces. Demand to talk to the GM. Contact senior ford management. Get on Twitter. Get loud
I agree this is probably the case -- or they did meth in it and totaled it. No non-scummy reason they would not give you a VVR, typically a dealer wants to deliver the car, that's how they make money.

RedAero42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E ER AWD, Star White
Country flag
For what it's worth I'm in a similar situation. Ordered in February, ETA today, no car here, and last VVR activity was in Mexico. I'll see if this "Ford track and trace" idea goes anywhere I guess.

I'll let you know if I make any progress and I'll watch this thread for any progress of yours.
Sponsored