First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, i3
Country flag
Source: https://www.iseecars.com/used-cars-cost-more-than-new-study#v=202204

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E is One Of Top 15 Used Cars More Expensive Than New Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 10.22.41 AM

Two electric vehicles, the Porsche Taycan luxury electric sedan and the Ford Mustang Mach-E also make the list. “The in-demand Taycan commands a six-month waiting list for its new versions, and with an average used car price of $138,714, well-heeled buyers are willing to pay more than they would for a new version,” said Brauer.

“The new for 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E has also been a hot seller since its debut, with Ford shutting down new orders and the current wait time for a new model exceeding 32 weeks.”
Sponsored

Reactions: UW2

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I think that 8% is very close. That would put mine at $60,696 (Premium, AWD, ER). There's one near me with 22,000 miles on it listed for $62,950, another for $61,800 with 13,400 miles.

Of course that's against MSRP on the 2021. Against the 2022 sticker of $59,395, it would be $64,147. No, not going to get that.

MachTee

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Premium Infinite Blue SR AWD
Country flag
Cool, but damn this is giving me ideas, and I wasn't looking for ideas.. Just did a quick browse on Carvana. They have 3 premium AWD *standard range* from $56-59K all showing purchase in progress. Crazy.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Cool, but damn this is giving me ideas, and I wasn't looking for ideas.. Just did a quick browse on Carvana. They have 3 premium AWD *standard range* from $56-59K all showing purchase in progress. Crazy.
I haven't found a single available one on Carvana in several months. They had 7 or 8 in progress last month.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
The market is insane right now. I could sell my hybrid Ford Maverick with 12k miles for 10 grand more than I bought it for. it’s a first edition with every option but not the eco-boost engine which was not as much in demand .Dealers here are getting 12 to 15 grand more than sticker for the maverick which apparently didn’t make the survey

I have never seen a market like this in my life and I’ve been trading and selling and ordering cars for 40 years. You can always do really well with a used vehicle now. It even seems that it trumps the tax advantage you may get by trading in a vehicle

Jes sayin. Sellers rejoice buyers beware caveat emptor

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
Tesla offered my 7 months old Premium SR RWD >$53k as trade-in. pretty much what I paid including tax for it, i.e., I would take the $7.5k tax credit as profit.

Ming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME premium SR RWD; 2022 Civic; Tesla MYP
Country flag
2-year old Tesla 3 or Y with 20k miles price is $10-15k higher than a new one. not sure why not on the list.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
I haven't found a single available one on Carvana in several months. They had 7 or 8 in progress last month.
Funny thing is, Carvana is lowballing offers right now. They were $4-5k less than competitors as I was pricing vehicles last month. Carvana is hemorrhaging money.

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Funny thing is, Carvana is lowballing offers right now. They were $4-5k less than competitors as I was pricing vehicles last month. Carvana is hemorrhaging money.
True. I'm betting on private sale.

SWO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E GT, 2021 Escape PHEV, 2019 F-150
Country flag
Will be interesting to see where prices go in the next few months. Interest rates are rising, but vehicle production is lagging more than ever and higher gas prices should stoke EV demand.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
2-year old Tesla 3 or Y with 20k miles price is $10-15k higher than a new one. not sure why not on the list.
iseecars is pretty crappy IMO. I've seen other articles they've written and they are missing data.

Toyota RAV4 Hybrid is really RAV4 Prime. They sell for $9K over MSRP on Carvana.

Other than Tesla, the two big ones missing are Bronco and Tellurides... I can't believe used Tellurides are $10K-$15K over new. Carvana is selling SX trims with no packages for nearly $60K. Great car but you can actually order them from a dealer (which I did) AND they make 100K+ per year in Georgia so it's not exactly a rare car.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Will be interesting to see where prices go in the next few months. Interest rates are rising, but vehicle production is lagging more than ever and higher gas prices should stoke EV demand.
Lately, I've been watching these guys who have access to NADA, Cox Automotive, and other data. It's not getting any better because carmakers are struggling to produce cars and dealer lots are empty. I can confirm as I visited Hyundai/Kia/Subaru dealers... I put a reservation on a Solterra and the dealer said they had zero new cars to sell.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Carvana This morning laid off 2500 operational employees. Their new tactic of selling for Wayover sticker is not working
In the last five years I bought five fantastic cars from them but the last two I went through dealers. It was a great option but every year they became more and more like a dealer in their pricing and philosophy
They also threw a bunch of national parties over the last couple years in major markets and they are literally bleeding money. I attended the one in Phoenix and although it was fun it didn’t do anything really to promote their brand or sell more cars Since everyone was there for the free food and stuff
Their early success is showing signs of greed and rust

Jes sayin

mjs020294

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag

It really depends on the trade. We are in the process of buying a Wrangler from Carvana and have two possible trades; they are $2k under BB on one trade and $5k over BB on the other.
Sponsored