Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Ford has just published its Q2 / first-half 2021 earnings report and among Ford achievements during Q2, CEO Jim Farley pointed to:
  • Mustang Mach-E, already ranking No. 2 in sales among all-electric sport utility vehicles in the United States just seven months after shipments to customers began and recently named “Electric Vehicle of the Year” by Car and Driver magazine
Sponsored

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
I wonder when we will actually see a cyber truck actually driving down the road.

I see the only thing holding back Ford EV sales is battery supply.

Radish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape
Country flag
I wonder when we will actually see a cyber truck actually driving down the road.

On that note ford also said during the earnings call they were going to increase Mach e production by 70% and are taking similar actions with electric transit and f-150 lightning

Malbecman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey & Accord
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
That's great. What other all-electric SUVs are there exactly? Jaguar I-Pace, Audi E-tron, VW ID4, Tesla X (is Y SUV?), Volvo XC40 and any others??

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag

Early 2022. Seems all Tesla is waiting on is some engineering challenges for the 4680 cell.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
That's great. What other all-electric SUVs are there exactly? Jaguar I-Pace, Audi E-tron, VW ID4, Tesla X (is Y SUV?), Volvo XC40 and any others??
Model Y is a little smaller than the Model X and would be considered a crossover SUV.

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Can anyone confirm the number of Mach-Es sold in Q2? Was it 6,361?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
It depends how you classify the Bolt, Kia, and Hyundai- but the list is still pretty short. It's still a good showing for a new model which had serious logistics issues. It will probably stay number 2 for quite a while, though - I don't see Ford ramping up enough batteries to dethrone the Y for at least a few years.

MachEnation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Shadow Black Bottom Barrel Base
Country flag
Also Bolt EUV is (sorta) out there--but I think GM really wiffed by ONLY using the extra 6 inches of space for rear leg room. The still-too-small hatch area and not even a frunk (seriously?) makes this car not competitive, except on price. It's a shame since getting supercruise is a nice bonus and otherwise Bolt is a good driving car.

I know you said all-electric, but I think many cross shop MME with RAV4 Prime too.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag

Apart from the battery, which Tesla's suppliers can't produce inexpensively and in volume, the specs and pricing is BS. When (if) the ugly truck comes out it will be a lot less desirable, so perhaps it would make more business sense to can it altogether and come up with a better design.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag

praxiscat

First Name
Christine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Looks like their bet is paying off. No doubt it was a gamble with some loyal customers, but no business survives if it doesn't take smart risks to increase its market share.
It grabbed the attention of those who never had a Ford before, or have not had one for a very long time. I am in the group which hasn't had one for a long time. This was about attracting new customers...not winning over existing die hards. Making people consider something other than a Tesla if they want an EV.

Radish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Escape
Country flag