Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E , 22 MachE, 62 C10 Big window long bed
Occupation
Loafer
Country flag
Just some information, and a question.

On July 26, Tesla reported net income of $1.14 Billion, $354 million of that came from carbon credits.

So $1.14 B - $354 M= $786 M net income from the production of BEV vehicles.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/26/tesla-tsla-earnings-q2-2021.html

On July 28, Ford announced a net income of $561 Million.

https://media.ford.com/content/dam/fordmedia/North America/US/2021/07/28/2q-2021-ford-financials.pdf

Ford's market cap, the worth of the company, is $57 Billion +/-, and their stock price to earnings ratio (P/E) is 14 +/-, with the stock trading at about $14.40 right now.

Tesla's market cap today is about $669 Billion, and their P/E is 357 +/- , with the stock trading at $677 right now.

Question: When do you think Tesla's P/E ratio will go down to a normal P/E, like the S&P 500 average of 34?
My big take away from this is there seems to be a much better margin being pulled per vehicle by Tesla than Ford. I think the that is what is really driving the change to EVs, money talks.
Sponsored

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
My big take away from this is there seems to be a much better margin being pulled per vehicle by Tesla than Ford. I think the that is what is really driving the change to EVs, money talks.
28.5% margin to be exact

Carmel Mach E Auto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Focus Electric
Country flag
Of course, they don't, why would they undermine their business. They are doing research and selling their services, they are not in the business of convincing anybody especially for free. Cox Automotive is pretty reliable source of information.
Like I said in my post, there are publishers out there that do cite their sources so, “Of course they don’t“ doesn’t quite fit for all the players.

My comment wasn’t meant to be a dig against Cox or anyone else, just an observation of fact. I’m sure Cox is a fantastic outlet.

Have a good one.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Something I noticed in the Q2 Financials was the "Blue Oval Intelligence software stack." Looking this up, this BOI branding for Ford's cloud services to vehicle software suite was first announced on May 26 but I'd missed it's significance at that point.

This is how Ford refers to the software stack that handles OTA update deliveries, telemetry/diagnostic collection, and feature purchase/delivery to the Mustang Mach-E, F-150, Bronco, and other new vehicles riding on Fully Network Vehicle (FNV) platforms.

Fewer than 5% of Mach-E owners have declined these services/updates, presumably by declining to add the vehicle to a FordPass account, or perhaps by setting Software Updates to manual mode.

I'm assuming the branding "Blue Oval Intelligence" is primarily concerned with these two items listed in the Capital Markets Day press release from late May:
  • Speeding detection and resolution of quality issues using connected data – helping to raise customer satisfaction and lower warranty costs.
  • Deploying distinctive connected functions like Ford’s BlueCruise driver-assist technologies, new features and upgraded software content, and EV charging to improve the user experience – and capitalize on what is projected to be a $20 billion market for such services by 2030.

theo1000

First Name
Theo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021 IB, Audi Etron, Chevy Volt, BMW I3,
Country flag
All Hat No Cattle said:
On July 28, Ford announced a net income of $561 Million.
To report the full data Ford did have net income of $3 Billion first quarter. This is showing the chip impact on Ford. Their full year guidance is $10 Billion in profits.

A lot of TSLA profit is showing the impact of car decontenting. No radar, no lumbar support, deleted chips, etc. Very certain they have deleted a lot more they are not revealing.

These profits come at a time of flush with cash economy. TSLA can easily price increase as they keep doing and pay no price. The big 3 hadn't started a real price war yet. Which they will at the most ackward time for TSLA. When the next recession hits. And there will be another recession. It will be interesting what happens then.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Last edited:

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
Something I noticed in the Q2 Financials was the "Blue Oval Intelligence software stack." Looking this up, this BOI branding for Ford's cloud services to vehicle software suite was first announced on May 26 but I'd missed it's significance at that point.

This is how Ford refers to the software stack that handles OTA update deliveries, telemetry/diagnostic collection, and feature purchase/delivery to the Mustang Mach-E, F-150, Bronco, and other new vehicles riding on Fully Network Vehicle (FNV) platforms.
Does the vehicle need a cellular account assigned for OTA delivery? If so, which Carrier? I ask for my wife's 2009 Chevy Equinox which is configured for GM 's OnStar but we cannot subscribe to it because no local carrier in Puerto Rico can provide service (I asked). Verizon and AT&T sold out their service here to others.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Does the vehicle need a cellular account assigned for OTA delivery? If so, which Carrier? I ask for my wife's 2009 Chevy Equinox which is configured for GM 's OnStar but we cannot subscribe to it because no local carrier in Puerto Rico can provide service. Verizon and AT&T sold out their service here to others.
The sale included customers and contacts. I assume this means your vehicle maintains its connectivity under Ford's existing contact with AT&T.

https://about.att.com/story/2020/att-liberty-latin-america.html

littlD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Model Y LR AWD
Country flag
Hahaha, "exact"
Tesla's creative accounting is smoke and mirrors show. The margins were always misleading (https://seekingalpha.com/article/4108114-teslas-gross-margin-grossly-misleading). If Bernie Madoff and Elizabeth Holms had a baby that would have been Elon.
That is the percentage Tesla supplied.

You offered a September 2017 article for proof of ongoing malfeasance.

Here's a 2021 story concerning what the SEC is actually looking into, it's all about Dogecoin, not misrepresenting earnings

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-.../elon-musk-twitter-dogecoin-sec-b1807858.html

Trying to play fair on a Mach-E forum...