Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
Mach-E January 2022 Sales & Production Highlights
  • Mach-E Sales: 2,370 vehicles. Sales (YTD): 2,370 vehicles.
    • January 2022 sales represents a +1% increase over December 2021.
  • Mach-E Production: 6,054. Production (YTD): 6,054 vehicles.
    • January 2022 production represents a +12% increase over December 2021.
  • The Mustang family of vehicles, Mustang and the all-electric Mach-E, produced sales of 8,041 – up 76.3 percent over last year.
  • Mach-E sales totaled 2,370, while turning on dealer lots in just 14 days, with a mix of 27.3 percent GT.
  • Mustang Mach-E starts the year second only to Tesla’s Model-Y in the full electric SUV segment.

Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Mach-E January 2022 Sales & Production Numbers: 2,370 Sold / 6,054 Produced ford-january-2022-sales-production-results-1

Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Mach-E January 2022 Sales & Production Numbers: 2,370 Sold / 6,054 Produced ford-january-2022-sales-production-results-2

Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Mach-E January 2022 Sales & Production Numbers: 2,370 Sold / 6,054 Produced ford-january-2022-sales-production-results-3

Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Mach-E January 2022 Sales & Production Numbers: 2,370 Sold / 6,054 Produced ford-january-2022-sales-production-results-4

Attachments

Last edited:

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag
That's some nice statistics...I wonder why there's no statistic for how many were produced without a chip ?

Novi

That's some nice statistics...I wonder why there's no statistic for how many were produced without a chip ?
That tells you there is a minimum of 4,000 units sitting there without chips for the next 3 to 6 months. Aging battery, aging car sitting in the sun for 3 to 6 months. I hope they didn't put the 12V batteries in them yet and saved them for transport or those will be 4,000 posts here about a dead 12V. haha

Craigeddy111

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium, 2022 KIA EV6 GT Line RWD
Country flag
That tells you there is a minimum of 4,000 units sitting there without chips for the next 3 to 6 months. Aging battery, aging car sitting in the sun for 3 to 6 months. I hope they didn't put the 12V batteries in them yet and saved them for transport or those will be 4,000 posts here about a dead 12V. haha
What was it my parents always said? Prepare for the worst and hope for the best?

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
Keep in mind, as with last year, the majority of Mustang Mach-Es seemed to go to Europe, and the rest of the world, which are not accounted for in the US sales numbers.

Novi

Keep in mind, as with last year, the majority of Mustang Mach-Es seemed to go to Europe, and the rest of the world, which are not accounted for in the US sales numbers.
I would say ok to that but there was what 4k last month difference. So are you saying we sold 60k to Europe over the year and barely 25k to US this year? More likely the majority of them are sitting there given how many forums for order dates are on here and thousands of people not having their cars when expected.

OrchidMania

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue Premium ER
Occupation
Retired IT, School Math Volunteer
Country flag
Not sure about that number.. My car has been "in production" since Jan 12, 2022.
I am assuming produced and Built are 2 different things... my mom always said Liars Figure and Figures Lie...

Novi

Broncos sitting without chips.
Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Mach-E January 2022 Sales & Production Numbers: 2,370 Sold / 6,054 Produced 1643826329471

Novi

F-150's sitting without chips.
Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Mach-E January 2022 Sales & Production Numbers: 2,370 Sold / 6,054 Produced 1643826376840

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium order. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It might say that 60% of Ford MME Cuautitlan production is going to Canada and Europe. (Just as soon as their "chip hold" is lifted.)

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I would say ok to that but there was what 4k last month difference. So are you saying we sold 60k to Europe over the year and barely 25k to US this year? More likely the majority of them are sitting there given how many forums for order dates are on here and thousands of people not having their cars when expected.
2021 MY MME production was more than 60,000 units, ~23,000 to US, 27,000 to Europe, ~4,000 to Canada. Unstated, however, is how many are still on "chip hold" or not yet completed/delivered. It's very difficult to draw conclusions from participants of this forum (e.g. limited subset of MME buyers).

Novi

2021 MY MME production was more than 60,000 units, ~23,000 to US, 27,000 to Europe, ~4,000 to Canada. Unstated, however, is how many are still on "chip hold" or not yet completed/delivered. It's very difficult to draw conclusions from participants of this forum (e.g. limited subset of MME buyers).
So that is 60-54 leaving 6k. If it is more than 60K produced and only 54k sold that again proves the point of over 4k sitting around not getting sold, for 3/6/9 months. Even with the limited subset there is enough of the people to give directionallly accurate along with the 6k+ gap. Logic wins! haha

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Admin: thanks for posting the Jan 2022 summary. We're all hungry for numbers and what they may tell us about our long-awaited MME.

Anyone, please say, if you know, how is the "number produced" in a month actually determined (6,054-Jan 2022). Is it the total number of MME that exit the Cuautitlan assembly line by Jan 31, whether they are completed or not? Also, how does Ford determine a "sale"? It implies to me that the unit is delivered to the buyer/dealer, rather than when an order is placed. Is this correct? Lastly, there is a sheet titled "JANUARY 2022 GROSS STOCKS" with 3,100 MME listed. What is a "gross stock" unit? Does this mean it's been built but not yet delivered?

Sadly, the cynicism on this forum is well earned.

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Broncos sitting without chips.
Ford Mustang Mach-E ? Mach-E January 2022 Sales & Production Numbers: 2,370 Sold / 6,054 Produced 1643826441819
Maybe it means that more chips are being "diverted" from ICE models to favored Ford BEV. :p
So that is 60-54 leaving 6k. If it is more than 60K produced and only 54k sold that again proves the point of over 4k sitting around not getting sold, for 3/6/9 months. Even with the limited subset there is enough of the people to give directionallly accurate along with the 6k+ gap. Logic wins! haha
Have your "win", if that's important to your well being. Numbers I gave are approximations based on information from other sources, not precise tallies. I was only reinforcing the notion that majority of MME production is for non-US destinations, and we know even less about that than for the US delivery stream (or how Ford decides which country/region/dealer it decides to favor). I also have no reason or facts to argue with speculation about "how many" MME are sitting around not getting sold for 3-9 months. This forum database only has a few hundred total entries, mostly 2021 orders. The number of 2022MY MME VINs entered so far is fewer than 75. Very few 2022MY MME have been delivered, but some portion of the 2,730 "built" in January for US destinations is "in transit" and some have been delivered. We would all "win" if we had access to more of the numbers, but it looks very unlikely that this will happen. I'm not a F stockholder and will quickly lose interest after 1) receipt of my ordered MME, or 2) I give up on Ford.