Novi

Maybe it means that more chips are being "diverted" from ICE models to favored Ford BEV. :p

Have your "win", if that's important to your well being. Numbers I gave are approximations based on information from other sources, not precise tallies. I was only reinforcing the notion that majority of MME production is for non-US destinations, and we know even less about that than for the US delivery stream (or how Ford decides which country/region/dealer it decides to favor). I also have no reason or facts to argue with speculation about "how many" MME are sitting around not getting sold for 3-9 months. This forum database only has a few hundred total entries, mostly 2021 orders. The number of 2022MY MME VINs entered so far is fewer than 75. Very few 2022MY MME have been delivered, but some portion of the 2,730 "built" in January for US destinations is "in transit" and some have been delivered. We would all "win" if we had access to more of the numbers, but it looks very unlikely that this will happen. I'm not a F stockholder and will quickly lose interest after 1) receipt of my ordered MME, or 2) I give up on Ford.
LOVE the Bronco connection that was awesome. I wish it were true so we could get our MME's.

So funny. I won't be mean like others on this forum or drug down by your comment. It was simple logic, you quoted numbers saying mine were incorrect or incorrectly related as you say there are only a few hundred on this forum. I am simply saying there are thousands of those sitting there waiting, the forum with hundreds of members with different dates of order and different dates of completion going back all the way that do not have their car proves the point. The overall piece of this is to say hey better communication is needed and you can't get super excited seeing a production number when you know (hundreds here) many people don't have their coming up on a year after order.

TDog

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
After seeing these sales numbers, I call BS on this tweet from Mr. Farley, maybe build 200K and have 75% sitting waiting for microchips for months.

" It’s hard to produce Mustang Mach-Es fast enough to meet the incredible demand, but we are sure going to try. So starting in 2022 we are increasing production and expect to reach 200,000+ units per year for North America & Europe by 2023. That's 3x our 2021 output. "

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...targets-200-k-units-per-year-2023/6467257001/

blazinazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ER AWD Premium
Country flag
After seeing these sales numbers, I call BS on this tweet from Mr. Farley, maybe build 200K and have 75% sitting waiting for microchips for months.

" It’s hard to produce Mustang Mach-Es fast enough to meet the incredible demand, but we are sure going to try. So starting in 2022 we are increasing production and expect to reach 200,000+ units per year for North America & Europe by 2023. That's 3x our 2021 output. "

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...targets-200-k-units-per-year-2023/6467257001/
Capacity doesn't mean actual numbers. Hopefully I'm wrong but 6K in the last two months is well short of the 200K goal.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Capacity doesn't mean actual numbers. Hopefully I'm wrong but 6K in the last two months is well short of the 200K goal.
It's actually right on target for the current line capacity. They are working on getting all the equipment that is needed to set up another line.

TDog

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Understood and agree. He is implying that they are going to hit that number by 2023. Why else would they increase capacity by 2023? To wait until 2025 to produce that many MachEs?

Jim_In_Mass

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
As was pointed out above, these numbers are lacking context.

According to Ford, my Mach-E was built on 12/20, so I should be in the December '21 produced numbers, not these January '22 numbers. But - I haven't seen my vehicle yet - it's in transit, hit KC on 1/5, ... So mine isn't 'sold' yet either, since I've got no reason to give Ford the rest of my money.

Some percentage of the 'built' are going non-USA, some percentage of the 'sold' were actually built 1-2 (3+?) months ago. I'm certain my experience isn't unique.

And does 'built' mean 'built with all chips and ready to put on the train' or does it mean 'we've put all the parts into it we have, but it can't leave Mexico until we get some more stuff (chip hold)'? I'd assume the former, but there are a lot of stories on this site (not necessarily representative of all Mach-E buyers) which would make me doubt that.

And were these January 'builts' actually '22s, or leftover '21s which were waiting for parts?

Ford can sell boatloads of Mach-Es, if they can line up all the parts and make it happen.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, 911s, X3, XT5
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That's some nice statistics...I wonder why there's no statistic for how many were produced without a chip ?
100% without a chip. All the vehicles sold were probably built in 2021

Bigfeets

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford MMe premium. Hyundai Ioniq 5 Lrd
Occupation
retired
Country flag
LOVE the Bronco connection that was awesome. I wish it were true so we could get our MME's.

So funny. I won't be mean like others on this forum or drug down by your comment. It was simple logic, you quoted numbers saying mine were incorrect or incorrectly related as you say there are only a few hundred on this forum. I am simply saying there are thousands of those sitting there waiting, the forum with hundreds of members with different dates of order and different dates of completion going back all the way that do not have their car proves the point. The overall piece of this is to say hey better communication is needed and you can't get super excited seeing a production number when you know (hundreds here) many people don't have their coming up on a year after order.
Whoa Dude :oops: Never wrote that you were "incorrect or incorrectly related" any numbers and didn't "drug you down". I don't want to have the last word or win any arguments or continue a pointless discussion. I'm glad you're reading every comment on this forum.

I've accepted that many folks make a very well-intentioned effort to participate but many of them do not update their entry, such that "those who wait", like me, can see for ourselves what their experience may mean to ours. Lots of folks lament on this forum that their order has languished, but apparently lots more don't participate here when they feel successful.

So, have the last word and I promise to never reply to Novi again, okay?

Attachments

sockmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E4x
Occupation
SW Engineer
Country flag
I would say ok to that but there was what 4k last month difference. So are you saying we sold 60k to Europe over the year and barely 25k to US this year? More likely the majority of them are sitting there given how many forums for order dates are on here and thousands of people not having their cars when expected.
I can't speak for those people waiting on their orders, but there isn't room for 30,000+ cars to sit at the Cuautitlan plant.
Last year before shipping got up to speed, we had satellite images showing they had room for probably up to 4000 if they used the soccer fields, too. They'd have long since stopped producing them. https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...10-dec-20-which-one-is-yours.2410/#post-73986

2021 numbers:
  • 63,683 Mustang Mach-Es Produced
  • 27,140 Mustang Mach-E U.S. Sales
https://insideevs.com/news/558927/us-ford-mache-sales-2021/

We don't have sales numbers for Europe, but that's the next biggest market. It's safe to assume the majority went there. There is no room for them to be anywhere else.

blazinazn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ER AWD Premium
Country flag
It's actually right on target for the current line capacity. They are working on getting all the equipment that is needed to set up another line.
Which is fine and I hope they’re trying to get it ASAP just the fact that we’re 1/12 through the year and they’ve produced 1/33 of their goal is not promising. And again in concert with the 3 month delays people are getting combined with many converted 21’s not even being delivered yet is not looking good on that promise if 200K by 2023.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
wow, this thread turn into a mess fast...
Just imagine if these whiners had to wait 15 months for their cars like we did ?

Chiboyal

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Premium eAWD ER
Occupation
Manager
That tells you there is a minimum of 4,000 units sitting there without chips for the next 3 to 6 months. Aging battery, aging car sitting in the sun for 3 to 6 months. I hope they didn't put the 12V batteries in them yet and saved them for transport or those will be 4,000 posts here about a dead 12V. haha
Is it really possible to fully build the car without putting the chips in first? I always imagined these microchips were embedded in electronic components that were then installed in the vehicle. Seems like it would be costly to add them after the fact. Thoughts?

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Is it really possible to fully build the car without putting the chips in first? I always imagined these microchips were embedded in electronic components that were then installed in the vehicle. Seems like it would be costly to add them after the fact. Thoughts?
The chips put a whole part on hold like a window motor or lift gate actuator etc. They get that specific component that was held up by the chip and put it in after it arrives.