Izzle

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mus Mach-E GT Performance; 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Country flag
Saw this today and checked my Consumer Reports subscription, sure enough it now has a one out of five rating for reliability so I can confirm that this "MotorBiscuit" source is accurate.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/1-electric-car-no-longer-recommended-consumer-reports/

Data was collected by CR through their survey sent out to owners and ranking it based on responses for other vehicles. I have to assume that this big drop is in part to the HVBJB problems.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RickMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium 4X, 2022 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Saw this today and checked my Consumer Reports subscription, sure enough it now has a one out of five rating for reliability so I can confirm that this "MotorBiscuit" source is accurate.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/1-electric-car-no-longer-recommended-consumer-reports/

Data was collected by CR through their survey sent out to owners and ranking it based on responses for other vehicles. I have to assume that this big drop is in part to the HVBJB problems.
You don't have to guess, you can read the article and see what Consumer Reports actually said. You can access it through most library websites.

The recommendation was removed on 7 models, including the 2023 Ford Bronco Sport and the Mach-E. Other vehicles losing recommendations were the 2023 Hyundai Elantra, the 2023 Hyundai Kona, the 2023 Nissan Sentra, the 2023 Toyata Tundra, and the 2023 Volvo XC60.

In our survey, owners reported in-car electronics problems with the display screen freezing; some even required a hardware replacement. Other reported problems were reported with the electrical system with battery pack and charging system issues, battery cell failure, and multiple battery and charge errors.

Ford responded:

“For Mach-E we issued a recall for certain 2021 and 2022 vehicles. [We] updated software to prevent any damage to the contactors. In July we rolled out an OTA (over the air) update [that] included improvements to plug and charge feature to increase successful charger activation rate.” Owners can contact Ford customer service at 800-392-3673.

ThatGuyLando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CR1
Occupation
Software Developer
Country flag
I wish they made the ui more responsive. I doubt they will though.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
[We] updated software to prevent any damage to the contactors.
Well, it’s been almost 6 months since getting my MME and I still haven’t received that OTA update…

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
Well, it’s been almost 6 months since getting my MME and I still haven’t received that OTA update…
If your build date was after 6/22 then that could be why. I just got the update at the beginning of the month for my 6/22 build GTPE.

Logal727

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 Carbonized Gray Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD Ext
Country flag
I love CR but they gotta stop with the survey results. Basically some people are annoyed with the tech which is constantly getting updated so now the whole car is not recommended. Not to mention the contactor issue is nonexistent on later models. It’s so misleading.

All Hat No Cattle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Genesis GV-80 , 2017 Edge Titanium
Country flag
Is there anyone, besides those 6 pages of members debunking the JD Power ratings just 2 weeks ago, that is surprised? I was not, forming my opinion just from reading this forum.
Opinions like this, debunking (incorrectly) the JD Power survey.
Regarding that article, it was merely being pointed out that the “review” by JD Power was more of a click bait article than anything else. After being scrutinized, it was revealed the article lacked foundation, lacked merit, and was not based on any serious journalistic expertise. Additionally, the vast majority of these complaints on this forum happen to very a small minority of MME owners, and they are amplified greatly, which is why the complaints about the MME appear widespread when, in actuality, they are few and far apart.
Oh, really??

But hopefully, some good will come from these CR ratings. Maybe Jim Farley can spare some time to got to CR Headquarters, and find out why CR rated the MME as they did.

Just like Alan Mulally did back in 2007. You guys remember that, right?

Last winter, Alan Mulally, president and chief executive officer of Ford Motor Company, came to CR's auto test facility in Connecticut to meet with us. During our meeting, we pointed out several aspects of the company's products that we thought could be improved. One was the rear hatch of the then newly-introduced Edge. In our Road Test of the crossover SUV, we noted that "many testers complained about the tailgate, which is awkward to grasp and heavy to lift and lower."

We showed Mr. Mulally and his top-gun executives how the design and location of the handle afforded very little leverage when it came to lifting the lid.
Well, sometimes, children, wishes can come true.

Pictured here is a newly-designed Edge rear tailgate. We're not positive that this will be the ready-for-prime-time gate, but we're happy to report that it seems like the folks at Ford took to heart our specific recommendation we gave to Mr. Mulally.

We like to think that some automakers are inclined to take some of our recommendations. Hopefully, more meetings like these will result in better designs making it to production vehicles.

RMoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, Toyota Sienna, 2022 Mach e
Country flag
If your build date was after 6/22 then that could be why. I just got the update at the beginning of the month for my 6/22 build GTPE.
No, mid April build date. If I got my car 6 months ago it can’t have been built in June :).

SXBB

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT Performance Edition
Occupation
Cardiovascular Perfusionist
Country flag
Mine will be fantastic when the HVBJB replacement is completed hopefully by the end of next week... ;)

OON7

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Current: 22 GTPE DMG // Previous: 21 Select CG
Country flag
No, mid April build date. If I got my car 6 months ago it can’t have been built in June :).
To be fair you said almost 6 months, but yeah math hard sometimes. 🤣
Sponsored