Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E GT, 2023 Bolt EUV, 2018 F150 XLT
Occupation
IT Solutions Architect
Country flag
That shade of blue is definitely better than the other blue (not the grabber) that is currently offered, hopefully that will be an option on this side of the pond.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
The Model 3 long Range AWD has a large WLTP range of 544 km. The Tesla Model 3 Performance naturally also has AWD thanks to a dual engine and sprint in 3.5 seconds from 0-100 km / h
Thank you for pointing this out. The article notes that the Mach E has a WLTP range of 600km (or 370 miles).

The Model 3 performance model has an EPA range of 310 miles (vs. 338 European miles). Can we extrapolate that this means if the Mach E AWD extended range car could have an EPA range of 330-340 miles if we similarly deducted the difference of range of WLTP to EPA? If so, then this may be positive information for Ford and its prospective Mach E owners.

mark360

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 AWD(OLD), Ford Raptor
Occupation
Manufacturing
Country flag
Thank you for pointing this out. The article notes that the Mach E has a WLTP range of 600km (or 370 miles).

The Model 3 performance model has an EPA range of 310 miles (vs. 338 European miles). Can we extrapolate that this means if the Mach E AWD extended range car could have an EPA range of 330-340 miles if we similarly deducted the difference of range of WLTP to EPA? If so, then this may be positive information for Ford and its prospective Mach E owners.
That is what I'm thinking, if it gets 330 miles EPA it will change the game, and if the GT gets 280 miles man what a great buy. The 75kwh would go up to 260 miles also.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
That is what I'm thinking, if it gets 330 miles EPA it will change the game, and if the GT gets 280 miles man what a great buy. The 75kwh would go up to 260 miles also.
I definitely agree. I have said in the past that I suspect Ford is being very conservative. This may especially be true if they spent 2 years with focus groups, tearing down Tesla cars and going to the hits and misses with fine tooth comb. Why go through all of that trouble and investment of resources to come out with a product that comes up short with its best competition. I am so happy I took my chance with reserving a First Edition. Hopefully, they are on top of the production, logistics and delivery schedules.

s7davis

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Alfa Romeo
Country flag
Well the the range number are some what close to what they saying after conversion so 320 or 330 miles then I might have pay the extra money for the ford instead of going Fisker ocean lol

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
It would be surprising if the two additional colors end up being Grabber and Satin Blue. I’d expect the two options to be more distinct. So, unless Ford changes its mind regarding Grabber Blue being one of the two colors, I’m afraid that this won’t be the second color.
But, I sure hope it is (or that it replaces Grabber Blue). I would change my plans for a GB GT for a GT in this color in a heartbeat.
I’d love to get this color but satin is so hard to take care of. I’m really dying for a decent blue on this car though.

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
I’d love to get this color but satin is so hard to take care of. I’m really dying for a decent blue on this car though.
I’m in the same boat. Satin is not a finish I’d want but I’m desperate for a blue I like more than the grabber or the infinite. Ford has some great blues, like the performance blue, that I would love on the Mach E.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
Well the the range number are some what close to what they saying after conversion so 320 or 330 miles then I might have pay the extra money for the ford instead of going Fisker ocean lol
Dude, there's not much chance Fisker will actually come out with the Ocean. The numbers just don't make sense for the subscription or purchase price. It's a beautiful vehicle and it deserves to be made, I just don't think Fisker can do it.

As for the satin blue, yes please.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
Loving this satin blue!! Looks like a matte paint job with the lack of gloss...

frinesi2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'15 Golf TDI, '96/97 ZJ 4.0L, '92 Pajero 2.5TD
Country flag
Wow that's a pretty phenomenal color. I'd definitely spring for that over grabber blue!

Dmcerm

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford Expedition EL, 2012 Mustang GT, 2003 Mercury Grand Marquis, 13 year owner/operator 1983 DeLorean DMC-12 - sold Nov. 2014
Occupation
Teacher
Country flag
Hubba hubba.
I want that color!

Scufflegrit

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'14 BMW X1, '15 BMW 328d, '18 F150
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I really like the satin blue, but it really calls attention to the gloss black wheel arches which in my opinion doesn't go well with satin blue.
Sponsored