Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
Also different front end. Compare it to the white here. I like the blue euro better.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Makes UK Debut in Stunning Satin Blue 1581639450532
Sponsored

Coastie68

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CR-V, Honda Clarity, Ram 1500
Country flag
Did I miss something in another thread or is the colored roof shown here (in blue) going to be available. The 360 view on the configurator at Ford.com shows only black.

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Did I miss something in another thread or is the colored roof shown here (in blue) going to be available. The 360 view on the configurator at Ford.com shows only black.
The select and the GT come with the glass roof optional. It lowers the headroom a little. Glass is standard on premium and California Rt 1

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The select and the GT come with the glass roof optional. It lowers the headroom a little. Glass is standard on premium and California Rt 1
Compared to the traditional opaque roof, the glass roof increases headroom 1.6" in front, and almost 1" in the rear.

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit (2017), Mustang Mach-E, FE (2021)
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
I've had an answer on twitter from Susan Krusel, Vice President of Communications for Ford Europe, that the car that received lots of attention in London yesterday, was a First Edition Grabber Blue. Why do the Forum describe it as "Satin Blue"?

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
Last edited:

symos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Esprit
According to Ford Europe the car that roamed the streets of London, IS the First Edition model in the grabber blue colour. I have asked the forum aministrators why they name it satin blue, but they have'nt onswered. See #35.
This is neither the First Edition (it has the cheap version's grill, for example), nor Grabber Blue.

Clearly the lady isn't very well informed, or she was talking about a different car.

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
(it has the cheap version's grill, for example)
In what way does the grill of the First Editon differentiate from the other non-GT models?

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
In what way does the grill of the First Editon differentiate from the other non-GT models?
The grill on this one is more like the select trim. You can see it’s more ribbed on the black part surrounding the upper part of grill. The premium and FE have a smooth black trim piece around it. Also the FE has body color painted wheel lip moldings where these are painted black.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
The grill on this one is more like the select trim. You can see it’s more ribbed on the black part surrounding the upper part of grill. The premium and FE have a smooth black trim piece around it. Also the FE has body color painted wheel lip moldings where these are painted black.
And don't forget the solid roof vs glass. Clearly the paint is not a gloss finish either. After hearing comments from the marketing folks, it is obvious they know less than they think they do.

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
I agree that it isn't a First Edition, that wasn't really my point either. I'm trying to find out about the colour. Where does this "satin blue" name come from? Isn't the colour of the blue car in London the grabber blue, like the VP for communications said? (#35)

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
I agree that it isn't a First Edition, that wasn't really my point either. I'm trying to find out about the colour. Where does this "satin blue" name come from? Isn't the colour of the blue car in London the grabber blue, like the VP for communications said? (#35)
If you look carefully you can see it doesn’t have the usual sheen but is rather softer ie satin in its reflections. Subtle but there.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
If you look carefully you can see it doesn’t have the usual sheen but is rather softer ie satin in its reflections. Subtle but there.
I agree with the finish quality but I think Petter's question is for the OP (admin) to answer. Where did the name come from? My guess is that its just a description. A blue color with satin finish.

From the original post:
"The Mach-E made its UK debut in a stunning satin blue color, but we do not yet know the color name nor its availability."

And it really does not look like Grabber Blue IMO.

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E
Country flag
I agree with the finish quality but I think Petter's question is for the OP (admin) to answer. Where did the name come from?
We only called it "satin blue" as a descriptive term as that is what this type of paint finish is called in the auto industry.

As for its actual name, this is what we wrote in the first post yesterday:

"The Mach-E made its UK debut in a stunning satin blue color, but we do not yet know the color name nor its availability. We'll share that info as soon as we know."

Petter

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Media manager/editor
Country flag
We only called it "satin blue" as a descriptive term as that is what this type of paint finish is called in the auto industry.

As for its actual name, this is what we wrote in the first post yesterday:

"The Mach-E made its UK debut in a stunning satin blue color, but we do not yet know the color name nor its availability. We'll share that info as soon as we know."
Thank you! We are to understand, then, that it's not the grabber blue colour that we know already?
Sponsored