Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Journalists are starting to get into the Mach-E but there is a media embargo on all content until mid-December.

[Admin Edit] -- Also, from user @hybrid2bev:
Yep, that's my take away from the meeting too. I also liked the comment about how one of the journalists liked the vehicle so much that they did not want to give the Mach-E back to Ford afterwards.

In a separate meeting I heard deliveries are to start around Dec 21st (not saying the some special deliveries won't happen sooner according to intel on here). So that lines up with the 'just before Christmas' timing to release the media drive reporting embargo.
Sponsored

Thevanin

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'09 Ford Focus, '78 Cadillac DeVille
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I'm guessing it's to line up with customer deliveries. Other industries usually have it where the review embargo date is the day that the product becomes available, or a couple days before. If that info is true I'm guessing they're going for a big media blitz when the car comes out rather than staggering reviews and trying to keep interest up over a longer period of time.

eltonlin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FE Gray
Country flag
I'm guessing it's to line up with customer deliveries. Other industries usually have it where the review embargo date is the day that the product becomes available, or a couple days before. If that info is true I'm guessing they're going for a big media blitz when the car comes out rather than staggering reviews and trying to keep interest up over a longer period of time.
Yup - that's how you do it. Get all of the press articles out on the same day/time. Helps control the message and generate buzz.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Journalists are starting to get into the Mach-E but there is a media embargo on all content until mid-December.
Yep, that's my take away from the meeting too. I also liked the comment about how one of the journalists liked the vehicle so much that they did not want to give the Mach-E back to Ford afterwards.

In a separate meeting I heard deliveries are to start around Dec 21st (not saying the some special deliveries won't happen sooner according to intel on here). So that lines up with the 'just before Christmas' timing to release the media drive reporting embargo.

Last edited:

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Although without an inventory of vehicles to sell (that aren't already claimed), spending a lot of money on advertising now wouldn't seem to make much sense.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So very few arriving in 2020. No surprise, as that's the way it was starting to look the last few weeks.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
I'm just gonna say it: WTF?!
If reviewers weren't required to wait, we'd get fast reviews rather than well considered, well driven ones. And reviewers who have to wait for the car to be released from a previous reviewer would be unfairly disadvantaged.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
I'll be much more interested in owners/leasers experiences myself. It'll be nice to watch the flashy Youtube videos, but the smaller things owners find will be much more useful. Granted none of it would probably sway me at this point, will just make me jealous more than anything. Can't wait to see how shipping goes to get a better picture if when I might see mine...

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'll be much more interested in owners/leasers experiences myself. It'll be nice to watch the flashy Youtube videos, but the smaller things owners find will be much more useful. Granted none of it would probably sway me at this point, will just make me jealous more than anything. Can't wait to see how shipping goes to get a better picture if when I might see mine...
I often prefer owner reviews too, however I'd still rather see some expert reviews in these months leading up to the owner reviews. If they all get dumped on us at the same time it's kind of a waste.

Disappointed that Ford isn't getting the Mach-E in the hands of the usual expert reviewers for a day to write their articles (and allow them to be published).

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
If reviewers weren't required to wait, we'd get fast reviews rather than well considered, well driven ones. And reviewers who have to wait for the car to be released from a previous reviewer would be unfairly disadvantaged.
Fairness to the reviewers is the big thing here. It also gives them more quality time with the car. Media embargoes are very much SOP. Regardless of how impatient we all are.

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
While none of us have driven the car, I think enough of us have gone over the car fairly closely at the roadshows to provide some pretty good preliminary impressions and insights. I’m wondering if Ford is deliberately delaying the FCTP units to limit the amount of “amateur” driving reviews that are done until the embargo is lifted?

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Disappointed that Ford isn't getting the Mach-E in the hands of the usual expert reviewers for a day to write their articles (and allow them to be published).
Fairness to the reviewers is the big thing here. It also gives them more quality time with the car. Media embargoes are very much SOP. Regardless of how impatient we all are.
I'm sorry, but that is flat out BS. The Ford Facebook nitwit has already shown TWICE that they've let the "professional" reviewers get their hands on the car, and unless a reviewer actually bought a car they won't have any more time by mid December than they will by OKTB in November. If they can't write a well considered article in 2 weeks they need to find another job.

Sorry, but Ford needs to cut the "hurry up and wait", stonewall, delay any decisions as long as possible nonsense.

Frankly EVERYTHING they've done relating to customers so far has been a screwup:
  • Place an early reservation with us, but it won't mean a damn thing.
  • There may be a lease, there may be incentives, there may be good rates and there might not. Check back with us sometime later... we're not sure when.. we just don't really know
  • Hey, we've got a half assed scheme to sell more FE's, but it will literally take MONTHs to know anything about whether you got a car or not. We're not sure if you should cancel your existing order or not, because we aren't really sure if we are going to place an FE order for you. Enjoy playing the game of tag between the clueless Ford customer service people and the apathetic/incompetent dealer
  • Hey, here's a cool app so you can set up your car - if you're lucky enough to get a VIN from your dealer. Oh wait, it's lame and badly written
  • Make sure to learn the Fordpass app so you can do great things with your car like find charging stations and map routes. Oh wait, it's a buggy piece of crap too
  • Hey, we're going to take a few cars around to dealerships, but not tell anyone about it. While you're there, you might get a ride or you might not. You'll have to go there to find out. Oh, and the webapp to make reservations is a badly written piece of crap
  • Want to know the status of your car? great, go to out web app to see. Oh wait, you're dealer coopted your reservation? too bad, all you get to see is your dealer's contact info because the webapp is a buggy piece of crap

Apologize for the rant, but Ford needs to get out of its own way. It's not 1965 any more.

And here's what I see after getting a VIN and a build date:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Media / Press Drive Reviews Coming Mid-December, Deliveries Starting Dec 21 Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 1.05.39 PM copy
Sponsored