Gimme_my_MME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue First Edition Mustang Mach-E
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I've been holding my tongue and reading as many threads as I can, hoping that the context will come to me but I give up. What the heck does OKTB stand for?
Ok to buy
Sponsored

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I've been holding my tongue and reading as many threads as I can, hoping that the context will come to me but I give up. What the heck does OKTB stand for?
OK To Buy. It's basically Ford's final OK to say they've done all the testing and checking and passed any government regs well enough to declare they can start selling the vehicles. They don't want to risk a huge $$ in recalls.

We've heard they actually pick random cars off the plant lot and do a thorough breakdown of them to ensure problems aren't slipping through production.

malba2366

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911 C2S
Country flag
I'm just gonna say it: WTF?!
They probably want to wait until there are some dealer test drive vehicles out there so that people read the reviews and the dealers have something to show. The problem is that the dealers are focused on selling today not six months from now so they may try to sell people something else.

Thopter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Specialized Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO
Country flag
I'll be much more interested in owners/leasers experiences myself.
Not me. The nitpicking over the size of the indent on the 3rd button on the left stuff is getting tiresome. Gimme a review from someone that has driven enough different vehicles to have some perspective.

Daniel M

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mustang Mach E, 2020 Ford Edge
Country flag
I think everyone understands COVID delays. Almost none of those items is a COVID delay, it's just poor customer communication, bad coordination with dealers, a buggy ordering/reservation process, a crappy phone app, a fiasco of a MachDrop promo, reservation priority that was only loosely followed, etc.

I have faith that the car itself will be great. But the journey getting there has been quite rocky. Maybe we just expect too much. But if this were just about anything other than a special new $60k car that has no counterpart (for those the many people that don't like the look of Teslas anyway), I think many people would have just moved on to something else now.
I think it has everything to do with Covid. No business has returned to a normal office working setting. Since the middle of March, remote offices and working from home have dominated the corporate world. No in person collaboration or meetings, where real work gets done and decisions get made are happening, which is the cause of almost all the delays. We already knows that the EPA and other testing is also delayed due to Covid backlog.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I think it has everything to do with Covid. No business has returned to a normal office working setting. Since the middle of March, remote offices and working from home have dominated the corporate world. No in person collaboration or meetings, where real work gets done and decisions get made are happening, which is the cause of almost all the delays. We already knows that the EPA and other testing is also delayed due to Covid backlog.
Firstly, Ford has done an awesome job at their plants to work through covid to actually get the cars built. They have my respect and admiration for pulling that off, and I hope they did it without putting their employees at undue risk. For the EPA testing, absolutely covid delays are expected.

However, for the abject failure to tell people if they got a Mach drop FE? Absolutely not; in 2020 they have the ability to remotely access their order entry system. The same goes for their web and phone apps; portions of those are likely subcontracted out to remote locations as has been done in the software business for decades. Sorry, using covid to paper over all their customer communication shortcomings is a cop-out.

First Edition

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E - Failure To Launch Edition
Country flag
Not me. The nitpicking over the size of the indent on the 3rd button on the left stuff is getting tiresome. Gimme a review from someone that has driven enough different vehicles to have some perspective.
Can someone with a micrometer measure the size of the indent for us stat!?!

in the meantime I’ll add this to my list of possible reasons to cancel. Too big or too small indents.

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Can someone with a micrometer measure the size of the indent for us stat!?!

in the meantime I’ll add this to my list of possible reasons to cancel. Too big or too small indents.
it's time to stop indent shaming!

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
still somethings to be hide ???
Why would you publish articles months before the vehicle was available to the general public? That would be a huge loss of free advertising. I'll place bets most articles will be positive. We already know the JDPower piece is uncharacteristically positive.

Badger_Prof

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prior--Leaf,Bolt EV. Mustang Mach-E Premium AWD ER
Country flag
Why would you publish articles months before the vehicle was available to the general public? That would be a huge loss of free advertising. I'll place bets most articles will be positive. We already know the JDPower piece is uncharacteristically positive.
But remember that the same source that told us how positive that review would be also said it would be published weeks ago. There is room for the review to be less than "uncharacteristically positive." Hope not but I prefer to read the source rather than a third-hand description of an unofficial version of the report.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I'm sorry, but that is flat out BS. The Ford Facebook nitwit has already shown TWICE that they've let the "professional" reviewers get their hands on the car, and unless a reviewer actually bought a car they won't have any more time by mid December than they will by OKTB in November. If they can't write a well considered article in 2 weeks they need to find another job.

Sorry, but Ford needs to cut the "hurry up and wait", stonewall, delay any decisions as long as possible nonsense.

Frankly EVERYTHING they've done relating to customers so far has been a screwup:
  • Place an early reservation with us, but it won't mean a damn thing.
  • There may be a lease, there may be incentives, there may be good rates and there might not. Check back with us sometime later... we're not sure when.. we just don't really know
  • Hey, we've got a half assed scheme to sell more FE's, but it will literally take MONTHs to know anything about whether you got a car or not. We're not sure if you should cancel your existing order or not, because we aren't really sure if we are going to place an FE order for you. Enjoy playing the game of tag between the clueless Ford customer service people and the apathetic/incompetent dealer
  • Hey, here's a cool app so you can set up your car - if you're lucky enough to get a VIN from your dealer. Oh wait, it's lame and badly written
  • Make sure to learn the Fordpass app so you can do great things with your car like find charging stations and map routes. Oh wait, it's a buggy piece of crap too
  • Hey, we're going to take a few cars around to dealerships, but not tell anyone about it. While you're there, you might get a ride or you might not. You'll have to go there to find out. Oh, and the webapp to make reservations is a badly written piece of crap
  • Want to know the status of your car? great, go to out web app to see. Oh wait, you're dealer coopted your reservation? too bad, all you get to see is your dealer's contact info because the webapp is a buggy piece of crap

Apologize for the rant, but Ford needs to get out of its own way. It's not 1965 any more.

And here's what I see after getting a VIN and a build date:
Screen Shot 2020-11-12 at 1.05.39 PM copy.png
This is 100% SPOT-ON! My MBA thesis paper is writing itself in regards to how Ford handled this roll-out. If I hear one more person blame it on “COVID”, I’m going to lose my crap. Stop defending Ford. These problems were self-inflicted and had nothing to do with COVID.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Dammit Covid, how dare you screw up our new car release with supply chain, health and safety, and production development, and PR/communication issues. I wish people would just be optimistically happy and anticipate the MME release positively. This is an entirely new system that has been developed. Is it perfect, no. Has this year been historically horrible, absolutely yes. Are there more important issues to stress over, yes. Are we all excited to get a new car, you best believe it!**

**all statements are of my opinion. You have the option to agree or disagree with any/all statements. I just request that everyone stay happy and healthy, however that means for each of us individually and as a society.
Stop it....just stop it.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
But remember that the same source that told us how positive that review would be also said it would be published weeks ago. There is room for the review to be less than "uncharacteristically positive." Hope not but I prefer to read the source rather than a third-hand description of an unofficial version of the report.
I have heard more info about the JDPower article from someone else at Ford. All I can say. I don't think people will be disappointed.