TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
We've now seen multiple reports that the Mach-E won't successfully charge on chargers manufactured by Efacec. One poster reported about the ones around Kansas City, and another in Hawaii. Both contacted the companies that run them and it's a known software incompatibility with some newer EVs (like the Mach-E).

Curious if anyone has ever gotten an Efacec-manufactured charger to work for their Mach-E?

When planning a road trip and counting on certain chargers, probably a good idea to check Plugshare first and look at the pictures to make sure it's not an Efacec. Here's a few examples of the problem machines...

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E not charging on Efacec DCFC chargers 393341

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E not charging on Efacec DCFC chargers 434640

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
Confirmed. I just tried one at the Southern Tier rest stop on I81 in NY. It didn’t work. There are other posts from Mach E’s on Plug Share.

kltye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
IB MME Premium RWD
Country flag
Yup, this happens with EVgo in the Chicagoland area as well. The OBCC (off-board charger controller) update fixes this issue; I applied it manually and verified that I can indeed charge with EVgo now. You should be able to take it to a dealer and have them perform TSB 21-2190 to fix it.

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Is it possible that a Mach E GT built in October still has this issue? I’ve now tried two EVGO charge sessions, one in Charlotte and another in Cincinnati and both had charge failures seconds into the session (could hear the contactors klunk in the EVSE).

In the lower left corner of the charger screen, it said “Vehicle_Jinsignal_Removed”

OP
OP
dbsb3233

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is it possible that a Mach E GT built in October still has this issue? I’ve now tried two EVGO charge sessions, one in Charlotte and another in Cincinnati and both had charge failures seconds into the session (could hear the contactors klunk in the EVSE).

In the lower left corner of the charger screen, it said “Vehicle_Jinsignal_Removed”
Word is it's a charger issue (EFACECs), not a car issue. So I wouldn't expect any Mach-Es to work (it's affecting some other manufacturer models too).

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
There are EVGo chargers that work, just not these particular ones. They even have newer ones that match the speed of EA.

ElectrifyCLT

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT- Dark Matter Grey
Country flag
Word is it's a charger issue (EFACECs), not a car issue. So I wouldn't expect any Mach-Es to work (it's affecting some other manufacturer models too).
There are EVGo chargers that work, just not these particular ones. They even have newer ones that match the speed of EA.
Both I’ve tried are 50KW older models. Forgive my ignorance. When I go by them I’ll take a look at the manufacturer. I got error “vehicle_jinsignal_removed” on each. Attached picture shows the charger type (it’s not my car though).

Drove 10 miles to the EA station and am pulling 107kw as we speak to get my charge instead. Pretty frustrated with EVGo!

A46937D9-0F21-44AC-9E30-593607930949.jpeg

Tampamike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium RWD
Country flag
That last picture looks like one of the newer ones that worked for me. The ones that don’t work look like the one in the second picture of the original post - square and clunky looking. Those are the “efacec” units.
Sponsored