benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I sat in it at the LA car show. I never sat in the I-pace, but I can tell you that I am 6ft and I had to pull the seat forward in order to reach the pedals. The production Ford rep was behind me. She was 5-9 and she was comfortable. She had plenty of head room but she choose to have her feet angled to the passenger side because she was wearing a dress. I currently have a 2017 Fusion STD AWD. It was just as comfortable if not more so. The back seats have an optical illusion. From the outside there is a sweeping down of the blue color and a black portion above it. The actual headroom goes all the way to the top of the roof. The dipping blue paint is the illusion acting like that is where the headroom stops but it does not.
Did they let anyone sit in it? If it shows up at the Chicago Auto Show in February, I was thinking about going up there to check it out. However I’d want to be able to sit in it.
Sponsored

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
Did they let anyone sit in it? If it shows up at the Chicago Auto Show in February, I was thinking about going up there to check it out. However I’d want to be able to sit in it.
If you have your reservation on your email they will let you sit in it. You cannot take interior pictures as it is not a production car. You can take exterior pictures.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
I sat in it at the LA car show. I never sat in the I-pace, but I can tell you that I am 6ft and I had to pull the seat forward in order to reach the pedals. The production Ford rep was behind me. She was 5-9 and she was comfortable. She had plenty of head room but she choose to have her feet angled to the passenger side because she was wearing a dress. I currently have a 2017 Fusion STD AWD. It was just as comfortable if not more so. The back seats have an optical illusion. From the outside there is a sweeping down of the blue color and a black portion above it. The actual headroom goes all the way to the top of the roof. The dipping blue paint is the illusion acting like that is where the headroom stops but it does not.
Thank you

schmluss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium
Country flag
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E on Display at Some Dealers Now 1576301768979

This is the dealer where my reservation is. May go down there to see it again. Maybe they will let me sit in it since I have a reservation? Did anyone go see it at Galpin Ford? If so, how was it?

eastern refugee

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E First Edition Grabber Blue.....GOT IT!
Occupation
insurance agent
Country flag
The one at Galpin is the same one from the LA show. It is a grabber blue first edition. The exact car I reserved.

EyeOnMachE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X. Prev: Restored a 67 Mustang convertible
Country flag
Exactly, me too. Short of taking it for a test ride would be able to at least sit in it, Just doing that can greatly advance the decision process (seats comfortable, position of steeling wheel and controls, sight lines, etc.).

BTW, according to the CAS 2020 website under "debut vehicles" Ford will have the Mach-E there on display. Now whether or not we will be able to sit in it is still unknown.

Last edited:

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Exactly, me too. Short of taking it for a test ride would be to at least sit, Just doing that can greatly advance the decision process (seats comfortable, position of steeling wheel and controls, sight lines, etc.).

BTW, according to the CAS 2020 website under "debut vehicles" Ford will have the Mach-E there on display. Now whether or not we will be able to sit in it is still unknown.
I saw that. I sent Ford a message on social media a few days ago asking if those that reserve would be able to sit in it, but I have not received a response.

Marc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
To the Dutch: I just received an announcement from Ford that the Mach E will be in The Netherlands on January 16th!

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
It looks like the Canadian International Auto Show is around the same time as the Chicago Auto Show. I wonder if the Mach E will be present there. I don’t live in Canada, but I think it would be cool to visit. One thing is that Tesla is at the Canada show and they have a big EV test drive thing. It would be a cool way to comparison shop.
Sponsored