Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 C-Max Energi
Occupation
Fleet manager
Country flag
Update from Ford Norway -- April 23, 2020

Posted by @FASTBACK @ https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-possibly-delayed-to-june-july.617/post-13475

Ford Norway sent this mail today . Order book delayed June/July . Exact spec and prices will be announced before you order . Delivery starting November as a planned if you dont change your specifications .

Posted @ https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-possibly-delayed-to-june-july.617/post-13475

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E order bank opens May 11, 2020 (Update: possibly delayed to June-July) 0CA8E5DA-AC93-4D8C-B1C3-D48AA37AA6E8-2
Translation of the above (via Google)

For those who want a little more detail as I did, here's what Google translate does to the entire message. I'm sure there are significant improvements that a speaker of Norwegian could provide.

Update on Mustang Mach - E.

As you know, Mustang Mach - E offers very good range for the various configurations, and soon your own Mach - E is within reach too! Despite the challenging situation around the corona virus (covid - 19), we are now in full production planning and deliveries are scheduled to start in November 2020. To ensure the earliest possible delivery of your car, we recommend that you do not make changes to your pre-order, as this may result in some later production. If you still want to make changes, contact Ford customer service.

Final type-approval data and thus also final prices have been somewhat postponed as a consequence of covid - 19. As it looks now we expect this in place at the end of June / July, at this time you will also be asked to finally confirm your order, as well as have the opportunity to order accessories and apply for financing. We emphasize that you can safely keep your pre-order - you can cancel this free of charge at any time until you confirm your order.

Administrator addendum -- April 21, 2020:

The latest (unofficial) news is that Mach-E ordering has been pushed from its original May date until June. This would come as little surprise as the current Covid situation has pushed back most of Ford's product plans and dates by at least 1-2 months.

Original post -- March 23, 2020:

Received this info today: Mustang Mach-E order banks opening 5/11/20.

Once the order banks open, reservations will be converted to actual orders (along with deposits) by this process: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-deposit-conversion-detailed-for-dealers.616/
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag

Jayally

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
What kind of deposits? They still have my $500 deposit and with things so uncertain now I hope they don't expect people to pay anything more for an unseen or untested car. I have savings for this but I am also on furlough due to Covid-19 with an unknown back to work date so I am hesitant to spend money. I filed for unemployment last week which is going to be a fraction of my actual paycheck.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
What kind of deposits? They still have my $500 deposit and with things so uncertain now I hope they don't expect people to pay anything more for an unseen or untested car. I have savings for this but I am also on furlough due to Covid-19 with an unknown back to work date so I am hesitant to spend money. I filed for unemployment last week which is going to be a fraction of my actual paycheck.
Nobody knows anything, it's all speculation. Best guess now is that in May the dealer will contact us and the buying process switches from FoMoCo to your dealer of choice.

Whether that means the $500 is straight refunded, transferred to the dealer as a deposit, or something else is unclear.

Bottom line is, get excited cuz in six weeks we'll have something more to chat about!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Just a reminder of this document that came out in November:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E order bank opens May 11, 2020 (Update: possibly delayed to June-July) reservation to delivery timelin

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
Nobody knows anything, it's all speculation. Best guess now is that in May the dealer will contact us and the buying process switches from FoMoCo to your dealer of choice.

Whether that means the $500 is straight refunded, transferred to the dealer as a deposit, or something else is unclear.

Bottom line is, get excited cuz in six weeks we'll have something more to chat about!
I think this is actually very clear based on:
Just a reminder of this document that came out in November:
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E order bank opens May 11, 2020 (Update: possibly delayed to June-July) reservation to delivery timelin
You will get your $500 back from FMC. You enter into a relationship with the dealer at that point, whose conditions on the order are entirely up to them. They may require a refundable, non-refundable, or no deposit at all.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag

So true.

The prototype documents recommends collecting a $500 deposit at the time of order. It mentions that the customer can complete the order process entirely online. After the order is accepted by the dealer, then Ford will refund the reservation deposit.

But that’s all subject to change, as the document is not the final version.

RobB

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
Agreed, this seems very uncertain given COVID.

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
They may start on 5/11/20, but GT orders start well after that per the * on the chart.

mjschillingtec

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT Grabber Blue; BMW 328i Convertible
Occupation
Business
Country flag
They may start on 5/11/20, but GT orders start well after that per the * on the chart.
good, that may give me time to make sure the finances are not collapsing around me