Sweetwater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Country flag
Is the 2020 MME going to turn out like the 1983 Corvette ?
Sponsored

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
6 weeks wouldn't be much but I'm even more eager to get an EV now. Eff this oil thing and screw the oil companies.

mattsaradan

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E Premium AWD SR; Fusion Energi Platinum
Country flag
Would you figure that is likewise a delay in manufacturing? Still planning for deliveries in 2020?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Latest rumor on the grapevine is that Mach-E ordering has been pushed from May to June. No official word, just the latest rumor going around so take that with a grain of salt.
Bummer. But that really does make sense.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
I don’t think that will surprise most here if it happens. Thanks for the update.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Latest rumor on the grapevine is that Mach-E ordering has been pushed from May to June. No official word, just the latest rumor going around so take that with a grain of salt.
I look at that as a good thing, in a backhanded sort of way. Seemed pretty obvious there would be some production delay. This suggests they still think it'll only be around a month.

And it also doesn't length the gap between order and delivery. I didn't want to see that gap grow even longer because of this mess. It's already a lengthy time gap as it is.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
6 weeks wouldn't be much but I'm even more eager to get an EV now. Eff this oil thing and screw the oil companies.
Oh they're getting screwed. Big time. Have you seen the total collapse in the price of oil this week?

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Oh yes, I've seen it. The government's response is getting me fired up.

https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/negative-oil-prices-big-oil-bailouts.696/
I don't like taxpayer subsidies/bailouts either. (Although I sure would have cashed a $7500 tax credit on my Escape had it existed! Just like I'm getting for my Mach-e.)

But at the same time, I can see the importance of not letting major components of the US economy get wiped out from a crisis they have no fault for. It's frustrating trying to weigh two horrible things and decide which is worse -- bailouts, or letting major parts of the economy collapse?

metoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G8 GT
Country flag
One pro that comes from the delay is that the engineers/developers working from home have that much more time to refine things. Hopefully Ford won't rush manufacturing and screw-up there.

FASTBACK

First Name
Petter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Indian Roadmaster - Beemer 40e
Occupation
Dealer
Country flag
Ford Norway sent this mail today . Order book delayed June/July . Exact spec and prices will be announced before you order . Delivery starting November as a planned if you dont change your specifications .

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E order bank opens May 11, 2020 (Update: possibly delayed to June-July) Mach-E-Update-Ford-Norway

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Glad to see they still think there's a reasonable chance for only modest delay.

But of course everything is tentative at this point. No one really knows what the conditions will be in 2 weeks... 4 weeks... 8 weeks... And what government orders will be imposed on them.

I like that they're being more optimistic than pessimistic though. ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
For those who want a little more detail as I did, here's what Google translate does to the entire message. I'm sure there are significant improvements that a speaker of Norwegian could provide.

Update on Mustang Mach - E.

As you know, Mustang Mach - E offers very good range for the various configurations, and soon your own Mach - E is within reach too! Despite the challenging situation around the corona virus (covid - 19), we are now in full production planning and deliveries are scheduled to start in November 2020. To ensure the earliest possible delivery of your car, we recommend that you do not make changes to your pre-order, as this may result in some later production. If you still want to make changes, contact Ford customer service.

Final type-approval data and thus also final prices have been somewhat postponed as a consequence of covid - 19. As it looks now we expect this in place at the end of June / July, at this time you will also be asked to finally confirm your order, as well as have the opportunity to order accessories and apply for financing. We emphasize that you can safely keep your pre-order - you can cancel this free of charge at any time until you confirm your order.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
at this time you will also be asked to finally confirm your order, as well as have the opportunity to order accessories and apply for financing. We emphasize that you can safely keep your pre-order - you can cancel this free of charge at any time until you confirm your order.
I read that as Ford Europe is allowing cancellations "free of charge" up until you confirm your order in June/July - which means if you don't like it and want to cancel after the test drive sometime in the fall you are out at least SOME deposit money.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
For those who want a little more detail as I did, here's what Google translate does to the entire message. I'm sure there are significant improvements that a speaker of Norwegian could provide.

Update on Mustang Mach - E.

As you know, Mustang Mach - E offers very good range for the various configurations, and soon your own Mach - E is within reach too! Despite the challenging situation around the corona virus (covid - 19), we are now in full production planning and deliveries are scheduled to start in November 2020. To ensure the earliest possible delivery of your car, we recommend that you do not make changes to your pre-order, as this may result in some later production. If you still want to make changes, contact Ford customer service.

Final type-approval data and thus also final prices have been somewhat postponed as a consequence of covid - 19. As it looks now we expect this in place at the end of June / July, at this time you will also be asked to finally confirm your order, as well as have the opportunity to order accessories and apply for financing. We emphasize that you can safely keep your pre-order - you can cancel this free of charge at any time until you confirm your order.
Just as a reminder to those of us that are not Norwegian. The process may be different in your country. In the USA, we have not pre-ordered, we have only reserved. So the process is different, but the dates may very well be the same.
Sponsored