mamejunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Premium Mach-E '21, Premium Mach-E '22
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Just as a reminder to those of us that are not Norwegian. The process may be different in your country. In the USA, we have not pre-ordered, we have only reserved. So the process is different, but the dates may very well be the same.
Agreed. Think in the USA, they would lose plenty of sales IF the buyers lose any $ for backing out when they weren't able to see and test drive the car. I for one would not commit if they said that.
Sponsored

portlandg

First Name
grahame
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Black RWD ER and loving it
Occupation
Cabinet maker
Country flag
Update from Ford Norway -- April 23, 2020

Posted by @FASTBACK @ https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-possibly-delayed-to-june-july.617/post-13475

Translation of the above (via Google)

Administrator addendum -- April 21, 2020:

The latest (unofficial) news is that Mach-E ordering has been pushed from its original May date until June. This would come as little surprise as the current Covid situation has pushed back most of Ford's product plans and dates by at least 1-2 months.

Original post -- March 23, 2020:

Received this info today: Mustang Mach-E order banks opening 5/11/20.

Once the order banks open, reservations will be converted to actual orders (along with deposits) by this process: https://www.macheforum.com/site/thr...-deposit-conversion-detailed-for-dealers.616/
Ford Norway sent this mail today . Order book delayed June/July . Exact spec and prices will be announced before you order . Delivery starting November as a planned if you dont change your specifications .

Mach-E-Update-Ford-Norway.png
I first saw this post on the Mustang Mach E Nation facebook page. One of the commentators on the post hinted that he worked at this factory, presumably meaning the Cuautatlin plant and stated that they were going back to work, albeit on reduced levels, on May 4th.

Sneezy

First Name
Sneezy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 Trans Am Firehawk, 21 Mach E Premium EXT.
Occupation
NRA Rifle Instructor
Country flag
If the GT gets pushed back to far for delivery... I'm going to end up with something else at the end of my Caddy lease.

cjljr41

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Mach-e Premium 4X, '23 Escape Platinum Hybrid
Country flag
Perhaps Ford is delaying the ordering process to avoid having reservation holders cancel their orders. They could be gambling that by June/July, most people will be back to work and less likely to have concerns about buying a new car?

eager2own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Porsche Panamera S e-Hybrid
Country flag
Perhaps Ford is delaying the ordering process to avoid having reservation holders cancel their orders. They could be gambling that by June/July, most people will be back to work and less likely to have concerns about buying a new car?
I suspect this has a lot to do with it. Technically, Ford should be able to proceed with the process as to notifying customers through dealers and having those dealers process orders, even if production and delivery have slipped to the right. However, it'd be logical for Ford to be concerned that pushing customers to place orders in May could result in many backing out due to financial uncertainty.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Agreed. This goes back to a point I made a couple of weeks ago that I thought it would make sense for Ford to hold off on requiring reservation to order conversions in the US. That does two things for buyer confidence: Ford could point to a functioning assembly line, and more people would be back to work.

TheSteelRider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Premium RWD
Country flag
I suspect this has a lot to do with it. Technically, Ford should be able to proceed with the process as to notifying customers through dealers and having those dealers process orders, even if production and delivery have slipped to the right. However, it'd be logical for Ford to be concerned that pushing customers to place orders in May could result in many backing out due to financial uncertainty.
I'll be honest, at this point if my dealer next week-ish wanted me to place my order I would cancel, so I am definitely in this boat right now. I need probably 2 more months to see if my finances improve before commit to the most expensive vehicle I've ever owned while gas prices are near Sept 11 levels. Yes, I understand gas prices will eventually rise. It's just another straw on the camel's back.

OP
OP
Wooross

Wooross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 C-Max Energi
Occupation
Fleet manager
Country flag
Latest rumor on the grapevine is that Mach-E ordering has been pushed from May to June. No official word, just the latest rumor going around so take that with a grain of salt.
I’m a Ford dealer with a limited edition reserved for myself. I got verbal confirmation from my Ford representative yesterday that the order bank will not open 5/11/2020 and is delayed till at least June.
Ross

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
I’m a Ford dealer with a limited edition reserved for myself. I got verbal confirmation from my Ford representative yesterday that the order bank will not open 5/11/2020 and is delayed till at least June.
Ross
Thanks. That aligns with my sources saying that the target date to open the order bank is now in the 4th week of June.

Last edited:

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag

symos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lotus Esprit
Anyone knows when the specs will be finalized and if that will happen before orders open?
Mainly talking about performance (final 0-60 numbers etc.), not range.

dbsb3233

First Name
TimCO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E FE, 2023 Bronco Sport OB
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anyone knows when the specs will be finalized and if that will happen before orders open?
Mainly talking about performance (final 0-60 numbers etc.), not range.
I was curious if 0-60 is even an official spec. I looked up a few other Ford models and don't see it listed on the normal spec page. Might be more of an unofficial number for marketing purposes.

Ken7

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Lexus ES300h
Country flag
Tesla drives most of these numbers since they’re the benchmark that other BEVs strive for.

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
For some reason, Ford doesn't seem to push the 0-60 number on their website. However, you know Ford cares about it because of the 0-60 Track App on the Mustang.

GM and Porsche are happy to brag about their 0-60 times so it's not just a Tesla thing. If you've ever driven a Prius, I think you'll understand why Tesla has to emphasize their acceleration times and it's to the point now where as @Ken7 says, Tesla sets the benchmark.

timbop

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Solar powered 2021 MME ER RWD & 2022 Corsair PHEV
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Thanks. That aligns with my sources saying that the target date to open the order bank is now in the 4th week of June.
OK, I am thoroughly confused. It seems in the "dutch people" thread that they are being compelled to finalize their orders in the next week, yet all the other information I have seen states that a firm official ordering date won't be decided for at least a few weeks. Is this a case of the Netherlands tax incentives requiring Ford to deliver there this year, making the Netherlands a special case? That is, has Ford decided that the dutch will get the first production cars, and thus have to commit their orders now in order for Ford to ensure the deliveries occur by Dec 31st?
Sponsored