Reaction score
First Name
Michelle
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX5 GT, 2019 Dodge Challenger SXTplus
Occupation
Field Manager
Country flag
What kind of deposits? They still have my $500 deposit and with things so uncertain now I hope they don't expect people to pay anything more for an unseen or untested car. I have savings for this but I am also on furlough due to Covid-19 with an unknown back to work date so I am hesitant to spend money. I filed for unemployment last week which is going to be a fraction of my actual paycheck.

silverelan

Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Subaru Outback
Country flag
What kind of deposits? They still have my $500 deposit and with things so uncertain now I hope they don't expect people to pay anything more for an unseen or untested car. I have savings for this but I am also on furlough due to Covid-19 with an unknown back to work date so I am hesitant to spend money. I filed for unemployment last week which is going to be a fraction of my actual paycheck.
Nobody knows anything, it's all speculation. Best guess now is that in May the dealer will contact us and the buying process switches from FoMoCo to your dealer of choice.

Whether that means the $500 is straight refunded, transferred to the dealer as a deposit, or something else is unclear.

Bottom line is, get excited cuz in six weeks we'll have something more to chat about!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicles
Mach-E FE reserved, Nissan Leaf, Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Just a reminder of this document that came out in November:
reservation to delivery timeline.jpeg

zhackwyatt

Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 C-Max
Country flag
Nobody knows anything, it's all speculation. Best guess now is that in May the dealer will contact us and the buying process switches from FoMoCo to your dealer of choice.

Whether that means the $500 is straight refunded, transferred to the dealer as a deposit, or something else is unclear.

Bottom line is, get excited cuz in six weeks we'll have something more to chat about!
I think this is actually very clear based on:
Just a reminder of this document that came out in November:
reservation to delivery timeline.jpeg
You will get your $500 back from FMC. You enter into a relationship with the dealer at that point, whose conditions on the order are entirely up to them. They may require a refundable, non-refundable, or no deposit at all.

hybrid2bev

Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 C-Max Hybrid
Country flag

So true.

The prototype documents recommends collecting a $500 deposit at the time of order. It mentions that the customer can complete the order process entirely online. After the order is accepted by the dealer, then Ford will refund the reservation deposit.

But that’s all subject to change, as the document is not the final version.

RobB

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicles
Suburban, 66 Skylark
Occupation
Filmmaker, Video Freelancer
Country flag
Agreed, this seems very uncertain given COVID.

OP
Wooross

Wooross

First Name
Ross
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicles
13 C-Max Energi
Occupation
Fleet manager
Country flag
Nice. Looks like Ford is keeping the Mach-E on schedule as of now.

How many reservations have you guys received and are you guys charging ADM? I'm a local buyer.
We have 20 orders & no ADMU.