Mach-E order confirmation emails - non EV certified dealers - dealer not ready to accept orders yet.

pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKX, Toyota 4Runner, MME Premium AWD ER (order accepted!)
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
TLDR warning, and the details will only be of interest to a few.

I thought some explanation regarding my reservation and ordering experience might help some others. I've pieced this information together through interaction with my dealer and several contacts with the Ford Mach-E support line, most recently this morning (6/29).

As background, my reservation was placed personally with my EV dealer (with deposit), apparently unlike most others on this forum, which were placed on the web.

Strangely, I never received emails directly from Ford confirming the reservation, nor did the reservation ever show up on my "owner.ford.com" or "ford.com" account(s). Earlier this year, when I called Mach-E support about it, they verified all my personal details and confirmed that my reservation was in the system. At the time, they did something that resulted in me getting the "congratulations on your reservation" email that I should have received automatically.

Satisfied, I left things alone until I started seeing that others begin to get emails regarding converting reservations to orders -- along with other information with the dates that the order banks were likely to open.

Still having received nothing by email from Ford, I began to worry a bit and started hounding the daylights out of my Ford dealer early last week. They were somewhat confused about the whole process, but very helpful. They saw my reservation in the system and, on Wednesday 6/24, were able to place my order on their WBDO (aka web-based dealer order) system.

Now, I'm going to paraphrase a bit to relate what the Mach-E support line told me. My terminology and details may be slightly fuzzy, so those in the know might want to chime in and clarify.

You'll note that my order number (#0224) is different from that of others. All the other order numbers in the order tracking spreadsheet seem to be the actual reservation numbers. Having read through the various posts on the forum, I understand that production sequencing will be based on date of reservation. However, because my dealer order didn't have my reservation number displayed along with my order, I didn't see how that could work for me, and I assumed that my order was an uncorrelated orphan.

Again concerned (and no, I'm not the worrying type, I just like to understand and fix things) I contacted Mach-E support again this morning (6/29) and explained everything to a very helpful Amy. She immediately saw on my account both my reservation and its number, and the dealer order with its different number. However, she was puzzled as to why I wasn't receiving the emails, and why I couldn't see that I had a reservation which had been converted into an order.

She did some checking and found the reason. Even though my dealer is EV certified, it turns out they have never enrolled (as a dealer) in the "online ordering system". From what I now understand, WBDO has two components; an "offline" part the dealers use, and on "online part" that end-user customers use. The Mach-E reservation and order conversion process is the guinea pig for this new way of customers doing business.

Because my dealer hasn't enrolled, the two parts of the system are not married for their customers. It's that process that connects and enables the "offline" (backend?) system to communicate and drive the customer-to-dealer workflow and notifications. That's why I've never received automatic emails and notifications, and also why I cannot view and track my order progress status via my account.

Amy told me that none of this matters. She said there's no way the dealer could have placed my order with me having a reservation. She confirmed that the two order numbers are correlated in the system via my customer details, and she assures me that my order will be picked-up and correctly sequenced by the production schedulers when the time comes.

From all this, I assume, but haven't 100% confirmed, that everyone who converts a reservation to an order will have two numbers. Customers will only see their reservation number, and dealers and other involved Ford employees will also see the "backend" order number. Although probably pointless, you might be able to find out your "other" order number by asking your dealer to look it up in their WBDO system. If someone tries, let us know the result.

So, none of this really matters to any of you EXCEPT, where some forum members have tried to turn their reservations into orders and received a message something like "Your dealer isn't ready to accept orders yet" or words to that effect. That's a direct clue that, like my dealer, your dealer hasn't opted into "online ordering".

According to Amy, when the dealer enrolls, all the workflow, messages, and online progress tracking will magically start working. We'll see. I've contacted my dealer today because they're not aware of this, and they're likely to have a queue of "orders requiring attention" that they either don't know about, or don't know what to do with. To enroll, the dealer has to contact the Ford "Business Assistance Center". Amy wouldn't give me that number! ?

Two other things.

-- At this stage, I don't know how I'll get my reservation deposit refunded. I'm not too worried though. My dealer didn't require a deposit and somehow, eventually, if not refunded, it will get applied to my purchase.

-- Ford Marketing (they're the ones doing Mach-E order support) are saints. All of my contacts have been with people who are extremely polite, friendly, patient and helpful, even though they are all obviously on a learning curve too.
Sponsored

rickmendes

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium Extended Range Space White
Occupation
Author
Country flag
I am probably less patient than you. Over the weekend I checked on my reservation and it said my dealer was not taking online orders.

I played phone tag with the dealership and was not happy. Someone online told me to just put an order in online because the site was now taking orders.

I found another dealer close to my home who was taking online orders and put the order through them. It meant I did not get anything from my reservation, but I was just happy I got an order in.

The next day I logged in and sursprise, surprise my reservation dealership was taking online orders. Too late for me so I canceled my reservation to get my $500 back. You can do that by going to the order on your reservation and scrolling down to a cancelation button.

Reactions: pb3

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
I am probably less patient than you. Over the weekend I checked on my reservation and it said my dealer was not taking online orders.

I played phone tag with the dealership and was not happy. Someone online told me to just put an order in online because the site was now taking orders.

I found another dealer close to my home who was taking online orders and put the order through them. It meant I did not get anything from my reservation, but I was just happy I got an order in.

The next day I logged in and sursprise, surprise my reservation dealership was taking online orders. Too late for me so I canceled my reservation to get my $500 back. You can do that by going to the order on your reservation and scrolling down to a cancelation button.
Just FYI but that has also put you in the back of the line. I don't know when you reserved but it is what production sequencing will be starting with.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
I thought some explanation regarding my reservation and ordering experience might help some others. I've pieced this information together through interaction with my dealer and several contacts with the Ford Mach-E support line, most recently this morning (6/29).

As background, my reservation was placed personally with my EV dealer (with deposit), apparently unlike most others on this forum, which were placed on the web.
Great information. I'm in a similar situation with my FE. I did the original order online but, when my local dealer wasn't listed, I selected one 300 miles away. Now, before I confirm my order, I am trying to change to my local dealer so I don't have to figure out to drive my new car thru 300 miles of Alaska wilderness in December (?) - and with zero chargers en route. (One of the joys of your local dealer being the northern most Ford dealer in the western hemisphere). This is what I see when I enter Seekins and Mach E on the Ford site.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E order confirmation emails - non EV certified dealers - dealer not ready to accept orders yet. Seekins.JPG

I've started working with both the helpline and Seekins, and both are working with me to make it happen. I'm just trying to make sure all parties are on the same page so my original FE reservation doesn't get accidentally cancelled or I miss the 31 July cutoff date. If they can't make it happen before mid July I'll convert the res to the original dealer and the 300 mile winter journey will become a new thread. If I have it figured right, I'll be running out of battery within a few miles of the "Into the Wild" bus. Really.

Anyway, thanks for the in depth summary @pb3 . It will help greatly.

OP
OP
pb3

pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Great information. I'm in a similar situation with my FE. I did the original order online but, when my local dealer wasn't listed, I selected one 300 miles away. Now, before I confirm my order, I am trying to change to my local dealer so I don't have to figure out to drive my new car thru 300 miles of Alaska wilderness in December (?) - and with zero chargers en route. (One of the joys of your local dealer being the northern most Ford dealer in the western hemisphere). This is what I see when I enter Seekins and Mach E on the Ford site.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E order confirmation emails - non EV certified dealers - dealer not ready to accept orders yet. Seekins.JPG

I've started working with both the helpline and Seekins, and both are working with me to make it happen. I'm just trying to make sure all parties are on the same page so my original FE reservation doesn't get accidentally cancelled or I miss the 31 July cutoff date. If they can't make it happen before mid July I'll convert the res to the original dealer and the 300 mile winter journey will become a new thread. If I have it figured right, I'll be running out of battery within a few miles of the "Into the Wild" bus. Really.

Anyway, thanks for the in depth summary @pb3 . It will help greatly.
Hope it’s of some help.

I read a couple of days ago that the bus has been removed. Too many unprepared visitors resulting in too many expensive rescues.

Good luck.

Mopey

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME GTPE, 22 Lightning Lariat
Country flag
Hope it’s of some help.

I read a couple of days ago that the bus has been removed. Too many unprepared visitors resulting in too many expensive rescues.

Good luck.
Yes the bus was removed last week. I was using poetic license. Now when I run out of juice I won't even have a bus to hide\die in.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
From all this, I assume, but haven't 100% confirmed, that everyone who converts a reservation to an order will have two numbers. Customers will only see their reservation number, and dealers and other involved Ford employees will also see the "backend" order number. Although probably pointless, you might be able to find out your "other" order number by asking your dealer to look it up in their WBDO system. If someone tries, let us know the result.
Interesting research.

I ended up with two different 'backend' order numbers. My reservation number is 10058161.
My dealer is EV certified and has been for some time.
I placed my reservation online and received the automated response from Ford.
I also received the "get ready" to convert your order e-mail about 2 weeks ago or so...
My dealer told me to expect an e-mail from Ford on the 30th to start the process.
I actually converted on Saturday along with many others on this site.
I changed the interior and exterior color and added an option package, paid my dealer deposit.
I then received an e-mail from Ford that said "Order Request Placed" and there was a visual representation of the vehicle with my name and the original reservation number as "ORDER ID".
About an hour later I received a second message from Ford that said "Order Placed" and that same little picture but the ORDER ID now read "W001".
About 10 minutes later I get an e-mail from the dealer saying they processed my order and that my original reservation number will be my factory order number with Ford and W001 is their internal number.
Later in the weekend I checked Ford.com and my order number reverted back to the reservation number.
Today I get another e-mail from my dealer to confirm in writing that X Plan will be accepted and that I have a new internal number of 8567 I think.....(don't remember exactly but that is close).
I don't know what that new number is but I think it's interesting.
On Ford.com it still shows my reservation number which of course is fine.
Dealer says he will notify me when production starts. They seem to be getting the hang of this new ordering system from what I can tell.

OP
OP
pb3

pb3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Interesting research.

They seem to be getting the hang of this new ordering system from what I can tell.
Wow. That’s quite a journey. Interesting it seems you’ve confirmed my theory about an order number associated with a reservation number.

Vectorboss

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Mustang Boss 302, 2017 Ford Edge
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Strangely, I never received emails directly from Ford confirming the reservation, nor did the reservation ever show up on my "owner.ford.com" or "ford.com" account(s). Earlier this year, when I called Mach-E support about it, they verified all my personal details and confirmed that my reservation was in the system. At the time, they did something that resulted in me getting the "congratulations on your reservation" email that I should have received automatically.

Satisfied, I left things alone until I started seeing that others begin to get emails regarding converting reservations to orders -- along with other information with the dates that the order banks were likely to open.

Still having received nothing by email from Ford, I began to worry a bit and started hounding the daylights out of my Ford dealer early last week. They were somewhat confused about the whole process, but very helpful. They saw my reservation in the system and, on Wednesday 6/24, were able to place my order on their WBDO (aka web-based dealer order) system.

Now, I'm going to paraphrase a bit to relate what the Mach-E support line told me. My terminology and details may be slightly fuzzy, so those in the know might want to chime in and clarify.

You'll note that my order number (#0224) is different from that of others. All the other order numbers in the order tracking spreadsheet seem to be the actual reservation numbers. Having read through the various posts on the forum, I understand that production sequencing will be based on date of reservation. However, because my dealer order didn't have my reservation number displayed along with my order, I didn't see how that could work for me, and I assumed that my order was an uncorrelated orphan.

Again concerned (and no, I'm not the worrying type, I just like to understand and fix things) I contacted Mach-E support again this morning (6/29) and explained everything to a very helpful Amy. She immediately saw on my account both my reservation and its number, and the dealer order with its different number. However, she was puzzled as to why I wasn't receiving the emails, and why I couldn't see that I had a reservation which had been converted into an order.

She did some checking and found the reason. Even though my dealer is EV certified, it turns out they have never enrolled (as a dealer) in the "online ordering system". From what I now understand, WBDO has two components; an "offline" part the dealers use, and on "online part" that end-user customers use. The Mach-E reservation and order conversion process is the guinea pig for this new way of customers doing business.

Because my dealer hasn't enrolled, the two parts of the system are not married for their customers. It's that process that connects and enables the "offline" (backend?) system to communicate and drive the customer-to-dealer workflow and notifications. That's why I've never received automatic emails and notifications, and also why I cannot view and track my order progress status via my account.

Amy told me that none of this matters. She said there's no way the dealer could have placed my order with me having a reservation. She confirmed that the two order numbers are correlated in the system via my customer details, and she assures me that my order will be picked-up and correctly sequenced by the production schedulers when the time comes.

So, none of this really matters to any of you EXCEPT, where some forum members have tried to turn their reservations into orders and received a message something like "Your dealer isn't ready to accept orders yet" or words to that effect. That's a direct clue that, like my dealer, your dealer hasn't opted into "online ordering".

According to Amy, when the dealer enrolls, all the workflow, messages, and online progress tracking will magically start working. We'll see. I've contacted my dealer today because they're not aware of this, and they're likely to have a queue of "orders requiring attention" that they either don't know about, or don't know what to do with. To enroll, the dealer has to contact the Ford "Business Assistance Center". Amy wouldn't give me that number! ?

Two other things.

-- At this stage, I don't know how I'll get my reservation deposit refunded. I'm not too worried though. My dealer didn't require a deposit and somehow, eventually, if not refunded, it will get applied to my purchase.

-- Ford Marketing (they're the ones doing Mach-E order support) are saints. All of my contacts have been with people who are extremely polite, friendly, patient and helpful, even though they are all obviously on a learning curve too.
Ran into a similar ordering problem. Unable to complete the "ready-to-order" sequence on line with my Ford acct. Needed to place my order with the dealership. It acquired an order number from Ford and also submitted my reservation info. They did not require additional money beyond the initial $500 reservation deposit. Hope things go well! Note: this dealership (according to my online account with Ford) was tacking on a $5,000 ADM. Interestingly, however, their direct order to Ford, showed no such ADM on the paperwork. Nevertheless, I asked, and they agreed, to signing a "Statement-of-Facts" that precludes an ADM subject to purchase. Hope this helps with anyone having an ADM issue.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Interesting research.

I ended up with two different 'backend' order numbers. My reservation number is 10058161.
My dealer is EV certified and has been for some time.
I placed my reservation online and received the automated response from Ford.
I also received the "get ready" to convert your order e-mail about 2 weeks ago or so...
My dealer told me to expect an e-mail from Ford on the 30th to start the process.
I actually converted on Saturday along with many others on this site.
I changed the interior and exterior color and added an option package, paid my dealer deposit.
I then received an e-mail from Ford that said "Order Request Placed" and there was a visual representation of the vehicle with my name and the original reservation number as "ORDER ID".
About an hour later I received a second message from Ford that said "Order Placed" and that same little picture but the ORDER ID now read "W001".
About 10 minutes later I get an e-mail from the dealer saying they processed my order and that my original reservation number will be my factory order number with Ford and W001 is their internal number.
Later in the weekend I checked Ford.com and my order number reverted back to the reservation number.
Today I get another e-mail from my dealer to confirm in writing that X Plan will be accepted and that I have a new internal number of 8567 I think.....(don't remember exactly but that is close).
I don't know what that new number is but I think it's interesting.
On Ford.com it still shows my reservation number which of course is fine.
Dealer says he will notify me when production starts. They seem to be getting the hang of this new ordering system from what I can tell.
My dealer has yet to "accept" my order. I have no idea what they're doing. I need to call them tomorrow.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
I reached out to mine shortly after ordering and asked them to go online and accept it. They did very quickly. They may just not realize they need to do so.

vikramb92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 2021, Volt 2017, Ford Focus Electric 2013
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
@pb3 When I called the dealership and placed an order my initial Order ID was V321, when their system went online I got a new ID that matched my reservation number. I wondered why it was, but your explanation seems to answer. In my case my Dealership was probably not quite online when they took the order, but that got updated when they went online.
Sponsored