Mach E Order was Cancelled (By Dealer or Ford), what should I do?

JohnnyMachE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra, Mustang Mach-E SEL
Country flag
Guys, Looking for suggestions as I've already reached out to both Ford and the Dealer.

So on the 28th I get a text from the Dealer asking if I cancelled by order. I respond back, "No, why?". After no response, I check online and find out that Ford.com shows my order as cancelled (still does).

So I go by the dealership. They tell me that my order is intact and some other "phantom" order attached to my name was cancelled. They suggest I reach out to Ford, as they told the dealer to cancel this "phantom" order. They assure me my actual order is intact and again tell me to reach out to Ford.

Today, I call ford and finally after being on hold and cut off (great job Ford) get someone and they tell me to talk to the dealership. They tell me that the order which I placed on 8/29/21 is cancelled(by the dealership). So they send me back to the dealership and get a confused guy that sends me to someone's voice mail and at this point I just hang up.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The dealer is under the impression that the order is still intact (supposedly) and Ford.com is showing that I have cancelled. I feel like they just need to talk to each other to straighten this out.

So far its just a run around and I'd like to keep my spot in line (Really want the $7,500 credit before its reduced and also the $750 for the 2021 to 2022 conversion).

edited for clarity.
--------------------------
UPDATE 1 - Talked to the dealer again . Sounds like they can't change how this looks on the website and they also talked to Ford. They are still saying the order is intact but that Ford cannot change anything on the website so I'm stuck staring at that cancellation screen and I won't be able to see progress online anymore.

Looks like I just need to watch it and hope for the best or whatever. GGs

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E Order was Cancelled (By Dealer or Ford), what should I do? Capture.PNG

UPDATE 2 -Just got an email on Nov 4th. Looks like my car is still going strong! Jan 10 build and I now have a VIN number. I still don't feel like I'm out of the woods but stress on this definitely went from a 9 to 2. Website still shows cancelled so I was a little surprised to see this.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E Order was Cancelled (By Dealer or Ford), what should I do? Capture12.PNG

Last edited:

mkhuffman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME GT, Jeep GC-L, VW Jetta
Country flag
Guys, Looking for suggestions as I've already reached out to both Ford and the Dealer.

So on the 28th I get a text from the Dealer asking if I cancelled by order. I respond back, "No, why?". After no response, I check online and find out that Ford.com shows my order as cancelled (still does).

So I go by the dealership. They tell me that my order is intact and some other "phantom" order attached to my name was cancelled. They suggest I reach out to Ford, as they told the dealer to cancel this "phantom" order. They assure me my actual order is intact and again tell me to reach out to Ford.

Today, I call ford and finally after being on hold and cut off (great job Ford) get someone and they tell me to talk to the dealership. They tell me that the order which I placed on 8/29/21 is now cancelled. So they send me back to the dealership and get a confused guy that sends me to someone's voice mail and at this point I just hang up.

Does anyone have any suggestions? The dealer is under the impression that the order is still intact (supposedly) and Ford.com is showing that I have cancelled. I feel like they just need to talk to each other to straighten this out.

So far its just a run around and I'd like to keep my spot in line (Really want the $7,500 credit before its reduced and also the $750 for the 2021 to 2022 conversion).

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E Order was Cancelled (By Dealer or Ford), what should I do? Capture12.PNG
I would talk to the General Manager at the dealer. If they have an order, it should be in Ford's system. They can look it up and give you the order number. Then when you call Ford you can provide the order number.

tacobellcow

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Ordered: '21 Select (Silver w/appearance pack)
Occupation
Advertising Sales
Country flag

Today, I call ford and finally after being on hold and cut off (great job Ford) get someone and they tell me to talk to the dealership. They tell me that the order which I placed on 8/29/21 is cancelled(by the dealership). So they send me back to the dealership and get a confused guy that sends me to someone's voice mail and at this point I just hang up.

edited for clarity.

Those tax credits are likely going to be extended by the Biden administration. I know "likely" isn't a sure thing but it really looks like the government is going to have an all out push for electric vehicles.

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag

edited for clarity.

So, Ford is canceling all non-scheduled 2021 orders and automatically changing them to 2022s. For a while there we were seeing 2 orders for the same order number and this turned out to be the reason why. I can understand why the dealership is confused becasue Ford was EXTREMELY unclear to dealers about how/why they are doing it this way. Your dealer should now be seeing the 2022 order only. Now, this is just my best guess as to what is happening to your order. I would need more info to know for sure.

67 Stang Convertible

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mustang, 2013 Kia Optima, 2018 Kia Sportage
Occupation
Physician
Country flag

edited for clarity.

If all else fails start searching the car websites for what you want. Car Gurus, ect.....

OP
OP

JohnnyMachE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Edited my original post.

It still seems that my order exists per the dealer but Ford cannot change how it looks online. I should still get emails about progress but the website is now completely disconnected from my order.

I'm still apprehensive about this and will probably reach out to the dealer periodically about updates. May just have to give up on the car entirely if I don't see any updates by the end of the year I guess. They still have my deposit and everything.

OP
OP

JohnnyMachE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, Ford is canceling all non-scheduled 2021 orders and automatically changing them to 2022s. For a while there we were seeing 2 orders for the same order number and this turned out to be the reason why. I can understand why the dealership is confused becasue Ford was EXTREMELY unclear to dealers about how/why they are doing it this way. Your dealer should now be seeing the 2022 order only. Now, this is just my best guess as to what is happening to your order. I would need more info to know for sure.
Yeah apparently my 2021 order still exists in the system. I honestly don't know what is causing all the weirdness with my order aside from this "phantom" order that they mentioned was attached. The dealer is still saying my order exists from the 8/29 date.

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
Yeah apparently my 2021 order still exists in the system. I honestly don't know what is causing all the weirdness with my order aside from this "phantom" order that they mentioned was attached. The dealer is still saying my order exists from the 8/29 date.
The way Ford is doing it is super weird. They are only doing this for the Broncos and Mach-Es. Every other vehicle has to be switched over manually. Whole thing has been a mess.

Davedough

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GTPE , Explorer ST
Occupation
Federal IT Sales Engineer
Country flag
This same exact thing happened to me but with my reservation, not my order. After a round of calls, dealer said Ford did it, Ford said the dealership did it. Eventually no one would do anything so I had to re-reserve and lost my place in line. Not that it seems the line matters much anyway.

Good luck OP. I hope everything is fine and works out but I wouldn’t trust that everything is fine without proof of your order being in the system by Ford themselves

OP
OP

JohnnyMachE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
This same exact thing happened to me but with my reservation, not my order. After a round of calls, dealer said Ford did it, Ford said the dealership did it. Eventually no one would do anything so I had to re-reserve and lost my place in line. Not that it seems the line matters much anyway.

Good luck OP. I hope everything is fine and works out but I wouldn’t trust that everything is fine without proof of your order being in the system by Ford themselves
Looks like things are still ok. I just need to make sure nothing odd happens at delivery since it still feels like its a wierd situation.
Sponsored