First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang GT, i3
Country flag
This is a good thing, via Fordauthority:

During past launches, customers had to wait for a dealer to begin accepting orders, and place an order with a qualified dealer. By comparison, it seems that the reservation-style process for the Mustang-inspired EV will be handled by The Blue Oval itself, and then processed by dealers.

But then how will pricing work? Negotiate with Ford or dealer? Or maybe non-negotiable price like Teslas?
Sponsored

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I'm wondering if A/X/Z pricing will still apply then, since it's just a pin that is generated. I love the fact that I can do it without a dealership, but would really like being able to still use A plan.

RdsON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01RAV4EV, 15,18Mustangs, 84-07Accords, 07RAV4, 91NSX, 91ZX11,
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Is there a Ford contact on this site to submit an application for early consideration?
Former Tier 1 Evaluations Engineer. I design cellular instrumentation and custom telemetry systems now and still wrench.
I have a December off.
Can I offer an NDA, $1 contract, and put down a 100% deposit just so I can drive a Mach E around Colorado based out of DIllon for 4-5weeks?
Will run whatever instrumentation desired.

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
This is a good thing, via Fordauthority:

During past launches, customers had to wait for a dealer to begin accepting orders, and place an order with a qualified dealer. By comparison, it seems that the reservation-style process for the Mustang-inspired EV will be handled by The Blue Oval itself, and then processed by dealers.

But then how will pricing work? Negotiate with Ford or dealer? Or maybe non-negotiable price like Teslas?
I’d be okay with flat pricing, especially since I feel like many dealers would be dying to charge and ADM for this.

RdsON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
01RAV4EV, 15,18Mustangs, 84-07Accords, 07RAV4, 91NSX, 91ZX11,
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Dealer networks do NOT provide Ford a competitive advantage over Tesla. This is a HUGE problem for Ford and Ford has to make a decision if its existing IC business model is competitive against Tesla's direct sales in EV space.
Elon knew this day was coming over a decade ago.
Ford fails if it cannot offer the direct sale buying and service experience of a Tesla.

Ford fails if ANYTHING from Ford's existing IC business yields competitive advantage to Tesla.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
Dealerships can be a problem. A few would want to only sell EV and many others wouldn't want to sell them at all.

Expect this car to do well in California. Tesla has proven there is a strong market having delivered 97K cars last quarter and aims to deliver a total number of 360K to 400K cars by the end of 2019.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag

K1TT

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Performance Pack
Occupation
Product Designer
Country flag
Yeah, it seems like information is trickling out, saw another member on the forum got an "insider" email, someone that's in NY, where I'm in MI signed up for updates and haven't received anything. If I can't pre-order for launch I'm just getting a Model Y, and I'm a Ford die-hard. You can only make me wait for so long before I give up, and I've been talking about wanting this car ever since they announced it.

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag
Yeah, it seems like information is trickling out, saw another member on the forum got an "insider" email, someone that's in NY, where I'm in MI signed up for updates and haven't received anything. If I can't pre-order for launch I'm just getting a Model Y, and I'm a Ford die-hard. You can only make me wait for so long before I give up, and I've been talking about wanting this car ever since they announced it.
If the rumors are right you won't have to wait long to order the Mach E since it might be available upon the reveal in just a few days -- on the 17th.

RSVGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q7 4.2L, Mercedes CLK63, Mercedes CLK55, Audi A6 4.2L
Occupation
Director
Country flag
Ford in the UK have sent a couple of marketing emails, but nothing yet to tell us exactly how we will be able o place deposits. I will be getting up at 2am on Sunday to watch the reveal and get online to order. I expect that the only chance you have of seeing one of these on your driveway in 2020 if you get in quick.

In the UK Hyundai recently released the iKona a 267 mile range EV. Such was the demand for this £28k ($35,500) car that my dealer advises that you have to wait a year to get on to a waiting list, from which point you may still wait a further 9/12 months. Used examples are selling at a premium.

Setting my alarm for 2am.

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ford in the UK have sent a couple of marketing emails, but nothing yet to tell us exactly how we will be able o place deposits. I will be getting up at 2am on Sunday to watch the reveal and get online to order. I expect that the only chance you have of seeing one of these on your driveway in 2020 if you get in quick.

In the UK Hyundai recently released the iKona a 267 mile range EV. Such was the demand for this £28k ($35,500) car that my dealer advises that you have to wait a year to get on to a waiting list, from which point you may still wait a further 9/12 months. Used examples are selling at a premium.

Setting my alarm for 2am.
May the refresh button/F5 spam be ever in your favor.

Wooross

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 C-Max Energi
Occupation
Fleet manager
Country flag
I'm wondering if A/X/Z pricing will still apply then, since it's just a pin that is generated. I love the fact that I can do it without a dealership, but would really like being able to still use A plan.
I work for Titus Will Ford in Tacoma WA. I am also going to sign up Sunday for a 2021 Mustang Mach-e to replace my 227,000 mile C-Max Energi. I have been told by my Ford rep. that A/>X>Z & D planes will be available for it.
Ross

benboy12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
I work for Titus Will Ford in Tacoma WA. I am also going to sign up Sunday for a 2021 Mustang Mach-e to replace my 227,000 mile C-Max Energi. I have been told by my Ford rep. that A/>X>Z & D planes will be available for it.
Ross

I have never owned a Ford before (this could be my first one). How do those pricing plans work?

ejss

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Ford Focus
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
A plan is for active employees and their immediate family, Z plan is the same but for retired, and X plan is the friends and family discount. A/Z plans give the most discount, while X gives less.
Sponsored