Mach-E owners in KS/MO, come hang out!

Fermi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Country flag
Hi all.

I'm a member of the Tesla owners club in KC. We do lots of events (pre-covid at least) ranging from car shows to just hanging out and drinking beer. If there are any Mach-E owners in the area come hang out. We are friendly to all EV types of course and have a few folks with Bolts and Leafs. (I've even heard that a few members own ICE cars still) Now that covid is coming to a close we will be back at it. We can also recommend great local resources for paint protection/detailing.

Tesla Owners Club of Kansas City – Official Tesla Owners Club in Kansas City (teslakc.net)
(20+) Tesla Owners Club of Kansas City and Tesla Enthusiasts | Facebook

Edit, oh yeah. A few of us track our cars from time to time (road course and strip). I'm hardly an expert driver myself but I have a good bit of experience at Heartland and will be attending Track Night in America events all summer. So if you are interested hit me up with questions etc. I honestly have no idea what tracking a Mach-E is like but it would be fun to see how they do.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
I'm worried about your members pestering non-Telsa owners. I've read that all Tesla owners are in "the cult" and hostile to other comparable EVs. Oddly though nearly all the people I see driving Teslas around here LOOK like normal everyday people going about their lives.

I see the official page is sponsored by Detail Auto for detaling and protection needs. I have a PPF and Ceramic coating booked at a different local detailer in Lenexa for next week (they keep it for 2.5 days, ugh), although prices look about the same. Am I making a mistake?

OP
OP

Fermi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I'm worried about your members pestering non-Telsa owners. I've read that all Tesla owners are in "the cult" and hostile to other comparable EVs. Oddly though nearly all the people I see driving Teslas around here LOOK like normal everyday people going about their lives.

I see the official page is sponsored by Detail Auto for detaling and protection needs. I have a PPF and Ceramic coating booked at a different local detailer in Lenexa for next week (they keep it for 2.5 days, ugh), although prices look about the same. Am I making a mistake?
Ha, well even the hard core twitter crowd isn't as bad as some claim. Certainly our group are all normal/nice people. President is a Tesla/Porsche guy with a classic or two, #2 guy is a big corvette and Tesla guy. I only have a 3 currently but I like and have owned a good variety. I have a CyberTruck on order but before that I may splurge on an Aptera or FUV. I've had my fun bantering with Mustang owners over the years (former Trans Am guy) but my good friend currently owns a Cobra and he's alright. ;) We also have some contacts with Evergy for various EV events and initiatives. You may want to consider the new TOU rate now that you have an EV. After 8pm or so kWh drops down to 6 cents which is great for charging. You just have to avoid heavy use during peak hours from 4-8 which I think is like 20 cents.

Who are you going with? I've had great luck with detail auto myself, great guys who have done a ton of our cars. The owners are genuine car guys. I'm sure there are others in the area with solid reputations though.

Getting your new shiny car and then having it go away for a few days right away is super painful. I remember that very clearly. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing a stealth/matte clear wrap soon. Really adds some aggressiveness which is something Teslas lack to a degree.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s been on my short list to evaluate our electric usage and see if one of the new plans makes sense, or if that 4-8pm would punish us! I’ve been charging my cars since 2011 and haven’t had a need yet, but this car has the largest battery by far, so might be worth it once I start commuting to work again.

I’m scheduled with Tinting K.C, their prices were in line with the other quotes I got, and reviews were good, if fewer than some other places due to being a younger business. Wish me luck!

OP
OP

Fermi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It’s been on my short list to evaluate our electric usage and see if one of the new plans makes sense, or if that 4-8pm would punish us! I’ve been charging my cars since 2011 and haven’t had a need yet, but this car has the largest battery by far, so might be worth it once I start commuting to work again.

I’m scheduled with Tinting K.C, their prices were in line with the other quotes I got, and reviews were good, if fewer than some other places due to being a younger business. Wish me luck!
Not familiar but if the reviews are good I'm sure you are fine.

Yeah I'd say it depends on your ability to shift usage. The more smart devices you have or the effort you want to spend on delaying starting the dishwasher or dryer etc. then you can potentially save more. I have a nest thermostat, a delay start dishwasher, and a Sense that helps monitor usage elsewhere. I've recently started mining some crypto so I'll be scheduling that as well. If you are like me you will be pretty liberal with the "gas" pedal. The torque in a performance EV is just too fun to pass up and our fuel is so cheap. Tires add up though. :/ I'm in Overland Park so if you ever want to trade test drives or grab a beer hit me up.

SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m not quite ready to relinquish the wheel of my new pony just yet, but perhaps soon. And now I know how those Tesla people lure others into their trap: with the promise of camaraderie over a beer! Clever!

OP
OP

Fermi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m not quite ready to relinquish the wheel of my new pony just yet, but perhaps soon. And now I know how those Tesla people lure others into their trap: with the promise of camaraderie over a beer! Clever!
It's not like that! I was going to offer some of those free bar pretzels too... ;) Oh, and I meant rides, not test drives. I know better than to ask people to drive their cars.
Sponsored