Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV
Occupation
CEO and Founder of Parking Heaven
Country flag
I wanted to also share these videos I took. They show how the latch system works and how its preventing me from smashing my fingers with the door. Pretty cool I thought. I had concerns but they honestly thought of it all with this vehicle. I also took a video of the charging port.

kdryden99

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Sentra Spec-V, Infinite Blue Mach E4X Prem
Country flag
Thank You! Anybody else looking at the pictures think the center section with the rear passengers where the usb ports and vents are will always be dirty?

JoseLuisDeLaCruz

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV
Occupation
Country flag

Blinkin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 FoST
Country flag
I wanted to also share these videos I took. They show how the latch system works and how its preventing me from smashing my fingers with the door. Pretty cool I thought. I had concerns but they honestly thought of it all with this vehicle. I also took a video of the charging port.

Thanks! I'd read that the doors don't let you pinch your fingers but that really brings it to life and makes it convincing!

JoseLuisDeLaCruz

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV
Occupation
Country flag
Thanks! I'd read that the doors don't let you pinch your fingers but that really brings it to life and makes it convincing!
yeah I had to test it out because I have a little guy that loves messing with the car door and I would hate for his fingers to get smashed and I tested it all around. I tried to see if I could record the mechanism but basically there is a small cylinder or piston on the door with a rubber bumper at the end and when you press the button to open the door it engages and pops out and pushes on the inside of the door panel which causes the door to open. Now the thing is this cylinder/piston stays engaged until you open the door fully. Once you open the door wider it then pops back into the door and disappears and allows you to close the door just fine. Pretty smart if you ask me!

1pt21Gigawatts

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Toyota Camry
Occupation
Architect
Country flag
Could someone please ask whether the white steering wheel will be present in production on one of the upcoming events? I much prefer it

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
yeah I had to test it out because I have a little guy that loves messing with the car door and I would hate for his fingers to get smashed and I tested it all around. I tried to see if I could record the mechanism but basically there is a small cylinder or piston on the door with a rubber bumper at the end and when you press the button to open the door it engages and pops out and pushes on the inside of the door panel which causes the door to open. Now the thing is this cylinder/piston stays engaged until you open the door fully. Once you open the door wider it then pops back into the door and disappears and allows you to close the door just fine. Pretty smart if you ask me!
Safer for kids than a traditional door really.

JoseLuisDeLaCruz

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV
Occupation
Country flag
Safer for kids than a traditional door really.
you know whats crazy i never even thought of it like that but yeah it is! haha! maybe cars with standard doors should have this feature to prevent fingers from getting crushed by the door.

zhackwyatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 InfBlu Prem MMEx Past: '13 C-Max '98 Explorer
Country flag
you know whats crazy i never even thought of it like that but yeah it is! haha! maybe cars with standard doors should have this feature to prevent fingers from getting crushed by the door.
Yeah, they did presentations where they described their human center design approach. One of the reasons they did it that way is that they noticed little kids tend to open doors through the crack. I guess a traditional door handle is awkward when you're that short.

JoseLuisDeLaCruz

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Chevrolet Bolt EV
Occupation
Country flag
Yeah, they did presentations where they described their human center design approach. One of the reasons they did it that way is that they noticed little kids tend to open doors through the crack. I guess a traditional door handle is awkward when you're that short.
Exactly! Tesla take notes! Lol!

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag