phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hi all, just what we need another thread about a new mach e.....well here it goes, FWIW......car was delivered Wed, picked up Fri.., a Select RWD, SR battery, grey, com./appear. pkg (res. 12-19, order 7-20)......looks great, rides great......I had no issues, but to be honest, I also have no smart phone, so for me, until I make that decision, it will be fob as a key, not phone.....I'll have to decide if what I am missing out on with no phone means I have to take that big step.....

driving home, a short 5 mile ride, I constantly found myself going over the speed limit by 10 mph, at least.....I drive the same roads all the time so that was out of the ordinary for me....such a smooth ride (I was in whisper most of the way)...oh, did not try OPD yet......

car felt good!!......my 50 year old son, who has friends with teslas, and I think leans toward tesla, was extremely impressed, his comment was "wow"......he joked that the c max was not going to be getting any action in the near future, haha.....

being somewhat of a techno-idiot, working through the settings etc., will take me some time.....I know for most of you the tech stuff is/was important......for example, trying to set the radio, I'll have to check the manual.....I miss a shifter, but will get over that, I'm sure....

my wife was surprised when I offered to take her anywhere she wanted to go today, haha......

I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the mach e......the guys at All American Ford Hackensack were great and very easy to deal with.....Nelson Minier the manager has been helping me from the reservation, was great, and yesterday Larry Rubin handled the "salesman" stuff was good as well.....I say a 10 of 10, so far.....

now I have to go to study the manual, feels like I'm back in HS, studying for the SATs, haha......hope I wasn't too boring, there are many here who offer much more and specific info than I can.......
Sponsored

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Hi all, just what we need another thread about a new mach e.....well here it goes, FWIW......car was delivered Wed, picked up Fri.., a Select RWD, SR battery, grey, com./appear. pkg (res. 12-19, order 7-20)......looks great, rides great......I had no issues, but to be honest, I also have no smart phone, so for me, until I make that decision, it will be fob as a key, not phone.....I'll have to decide if what I am missing out on with no phone means I have to take that big step.....

driving home, a short 5 mile ride, I constantly found myself going over the speed limit by 10 mph, at least.....I drive the same roads all the time so that was out of the ordinary for me....such a smooth ride (I was in whisper most of the way)...oh, did not try OPD yet......

car felt good!!......my 50 year old son, who has friends with teslas, and I think leans toward tesla, was extremely impressed, his comment was "wow"......he joked that the c max was not going to be getting any action in the near future, haha.....

being somewhat of a techno-idiot, working through the settings etc., will take me some time.....I know for most of you the tech stuff is/was important......for example, trying to set the radio, I'll have to check the manual.....I miss a shifter, but will get over that, I'm sure....

my wife was surprised when I offered to take her anywhere she wanted to go today, haha......

I don't think anyone will be disappointed with the mach e......the guys at All American Ford Hackensack were great and very easy to deal with.....Nelson Minier the manager has been helping me from the reservation, was great, and yesterday Larry Rubin handled the "salesman" stuff was good as well.....I say a 10 of 10, so far.....

now I have to go to study the manual, feels like I'm back in HS, studying for the SATs, haha......hope I wasn't too boring, there are many here who offer much more and specific info than I can.......
Congrats @c max. You comment about using the key fob reminds me of my latest Samsung smartphone. It has a LOT of cool features but I barely use them... only for the basics.

That said, I am so happy to hear of deliveries in NJ. I was lucky to visit All American during the Mach E tour and was fortunate for a 10 min ride-along. I am in NY and am eagerly awaiting my delivery that is scheduled for Feb 22.

SAM

First Name
SAM
Threads
Reaction score
A little bit of a mystical kingdom, like Camelot
Vehicles
Premium MME4X Iconic Silver
Country flag

Congrats and enjoy. I guess photos are relatively hard to load without a smart phone, so I won't say "pictures or it didn't happen".

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag

being somewhat of a techno-idiot, working through the settings etc., will take me some time..........
I say this with all due respect......NO CELL PHONE??!! :oops:

OP
OP

c max

First Name
phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Premium Rapid Red
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I say this with all due respect......NO CELL PHONE??!! :oops:
don't be silly, of course I have a cell phone....it is a flip phone, when I showed it to the salesman and manager yesterday they both tried to hide their reaction.....

Redundant

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X-Space White, 1 Ford Flex, 2 Ford Escapes
Country flag
don't be silly, of course I have a cell phone....it is a flip phone, when I showed it to the salesman and manager yesterday they both tried to hide their reaction.....
Hahaha. I can imagine. It is almost an oxymoron that you have a flip phone and your buying a leading edge EV. Seems like you should be driving a cherry Crown Vic. :p

Jimrpa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Infinite Blue Premium Mustang Mach E ER AWD
Occupation
Retied (formerly tried to herd highly technical, independent cats)
Country flag
I think that’s great! (Of course, I’m saying that while typing on an iPhone 12 Pro Max ?‍♂)

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Hahaha. I can imagine. It is almost an oxymoron that you have a flip phone and your buying a leading edge EV. Seems like you should be driving a cherry Crown Vic. :p
Guess the only draw back is that he can't use the wireless charger in the center. :)

Guess that saves you 1 hour of the sales person explaining how to sync your phone, ford pass and PAAK. Might be good idea just to giggles show up with one from the old junk draws we all have.

:)
Sponsored