OdellBretthamJr

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Escape, Mach E
Country flag
Thank you for sharing this video, I love to see Ford including more women in the manufacturing process! Really cool paint job as well, great work.

SD_Solar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Leaf SV 2019 Leaf SL Plus Ford F250 Jeep Cherokee First Edition Grabber Blue Order
Country flag
Was surprised to see a front license plate bracket installed --- didn't think the factory did that.
I am not going to have a front license plate so hope there is a way to delete that.

Raymondjram

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid LE sedan
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
I believe that women can do the same jobs as men. During World War II, most of the wartime manufacturing were done by women. So we can trust their work as good as when men do it. Probably women may be more careful and delicate than most men.

Since Spanish is my second language (my family is Puerto Rican), I understand what the female worker was expessing in her direct words. Good job! Buen trabajo!

Last edited:

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Pretty smart idea to provide a full length mirror to apply the seam sealer behind the rocker panels. I wonder if that was a worker suggestion? Sometimes they have the best ideas....

Panel gaps are fantastic. Usually a great indicator of high build quality. Looking forward to seeing how these turn out!

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Last month, CSAP Director Marcos Madrid spoke via web conference to 23 judges from the organization Women's World Car of the Year about the steps Ford is taking to increase diversity at Cuautitlán and at other plants throughout Mexico.

Someone recorded and published the session to YouTube. The audio quality is very poor, and while @trutolife27 shared the YouTube link in another thread, I think it is also worthwhile to share some more coverage of it here.

Here are two recent articles that summarize the conference well:

The second article is from Spain. Here is an English translation.

Ford recognizes that in Mexico, there exists a strong stereotype that manufacturing jobs are for men. Meanwhile, a more diverse workforce (i.e. mixture of genders, embrace of LGTBQ, and permitting fraternization such as married coworkers) is preferable because of the different approaches and ideas that everyone brings to the team.

Further, Ford was significantly underpaying its female workers and has now adjusted their salaries to be the same as men's.

To erode the gender stereotype, Ford is promoting the idea of technical colleges and gender equality to students at younger ages.

Last year, women represented 8% of the Cuautitlán Stamping and Assembly Plant's salaried workforce. Now, it is 23% with women representing 40% of new hires.

And now a special bonus for readers who've made it this far! The Spanish article, published yesterday, goes deeper and includes some Mustang Mach-E assembly facts that we may not have seen before:

About 800 pre-production units (non-saleable units) of the Mach-E have been produced.

According to the article, "It takes 7 hours and 247 workers per shift to build a unit of the Mustang Mach-E at the factory. In two shifts 20 units per hour are produced on the chassis line."

Assembly of the high voltage battery pack is 75% automated.

The last tidbit from the article is that CSAP is the first Ford factory to introduce an artificial vision system. I don't know what that means, though.
Sponsored

Last edited: