Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E FE, 2021 Wrangler 4xe High Altitude
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
Very cool. What was the date of the original Spain article? Oct 31st?
Sponsored

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
I believe it was published yesterday, 10/31. It says Today at the top of the article but I think that is just the "Today" category of their articles.
Okay thanks.
Reason I ask is the article said they are going to celebrate production of the first unit for sale next week.

Curious if that means they have a ceremony planned and the unit is already produced? Or if it means they are going to start production of Retail units next week?

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Okay thanks.
Reason I ask is the article said they are going to celebrate production of the first unit for sale next week.

Curious if that means they have a ceremony planned and the unit is already produced? Or if it means they are going to start production of Retail units next week?
I couldn't tell one way or the other, and unfortunately the article isn't citing its sources, nor the timeliness of the information.

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
A few more photos, including one inside the factory so you may pixel peep at my Infinite Blue as it's being assembled.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Por Mujeres: Cuautitlan Plant Celebrates First Time Mach-E Built By Women 20201104_204717

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Por Mujeres: Cuautitlan Plant Celebrates First Time Mach-E Built By Women 20201104_204717
Perhaps I missed it....
Did the article say what Ford has planned for the Mach E Por Mujeres? Any idea what the VIN is for that vehicle? I see the white brake caliper wheel covers on there......so this car is shipping somewhere most likely.

Is there a chance this is the first customer car or is it the plain white car shown in the other thread. I noticed the early photos of this women built car was missing the charge port door. I wonder if that was intentionally left off so it could be 'finished' last week for the ceremony?

Some cars become historically significant later on so it would be interesting to see if that happens to this unit.

For example....
http://justacarguy.blogspot.com/2018/02/the-50-millionth-gm-vehicle-produced.html

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Perhaps I missed it....
Did the article say what Ford has planned for the Mach E Por Mujeres? Any idea what the VIN is for that vehicle? I see the white brake caliper wheel covers on there......so this car is shipping somewhere most likely.
This car was built at the beginning of this year. So I suspect it will not get road certified for use outside of Ford. But I don't know. Haven't been able to find vin, intended usage, etc.

Perhaps the covers are in place to slow down the rotors from rusting? I don't know, but that's a really good observation you made!

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
This car was built at the beginning of this year. So I suspect it will not get road certified for use outside of Ford. But I don't know. Haven't been able to find vin, intended usage, etc.

Perhaps the covers are in place to slow down the rotors from rusting? I don't know, but that's a really good observation you made!
Agree, I think that is the purpose of those covers. You see them on the rear drive line assemblies as they are shipped in from Borg Warner. The front rotors don't have them but they must be added later because all the cars loaded on that transport ship had them on there. And they are on those 3 cars that cruised through town last Friday. And they are on all those cars in the parking lot waiting for OKTB. And are on this car. Maybe it's just a matter of being super duper anal and if those ladies are going to assemble a car then they have to go all the way and even put those covers on just like a regular production operation?

However, if we find out this car is VIN 00001 then you know something is planned for it.
I heard a rumor about a charity car but I have to believe that would be a GT but I suppose it could be both now that I think about it a bit more......

hmmm????

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

It's been moving around the plant, being parked in different areas as a morale builder.

OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag

SnBGC

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
OP
OP
macchiaz-o

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Wow, another great article with a lot more cool pictures of the Built Women Tough Mach-E:

https://noticias.autocosmos.com.mx/...a-obra-de-arte-creada-y-fabricada-por-mujeres

Ford Mustang Mach-E, a work of art created and manufactured by women
We had a first-hand approach with this unique car and we tell you all the details.

Jorge Blancarte | 20/11/2020

NAZ_104d2faf76134eb78e0fca52f03c903d.jpg

Ford has a long history in our country, has a presence for 95 years and has since been privileged, generating and producing unique cars of the brand, from Mexico to the world. In its complex in Cuautitlán, for example, founded in 1964, several vehicles have come out of its production lines such as the Mustang, Grand Marquis, Topaz, Thunderbird, Contour, Taurus or Fiesta, and today the Mustang Mach-E, the first 100% electric car of the blue oval signature.

And good to commemorate the event that such a unique car is manufactured in Mexico, Ford decided to manufacture a special Mach-E model, only by women and decorated by a female artist.

NPAZ_67c34aa1056c4422bba58a7561848563.jpg

This is important because Ford, at the Cuautitlán plant, decided to boost gender equity by recruiting 40% of women, of that percentage 20% work per hour in the factory, 35% are wage earners and 30% are maintenance personnel.

At Autocosmos we are proud of Ford's social, artistic and automotive bond with the Mach-E intervened and manufactured by women. [...]

NPAZ_40032f6d789d4c8e94588b95b24cbd44.jpg

And good going back to the Ford Mustang Mach-E assembled and intervened by women, we had the opportunity to meet him in detail, we took some unique photos and here we reveal some interesting facts:
  • To manufacture the Mach-E, a group of women in the various areas of stamping, assembly, painting, etc. participated in its construction.
  • Already manufactured, the artist María Fernanda Ochoa intervened the car, painting it and turning it into a work of art.
  • On the sides of the car you can see the painting of the Eagle Woman, inspired by the Eagle Knight, a character that can be seen in the logo of the plant. This image represents the strength and importance of women at the Ford plant.
NPAZ_784f7978b8ab4329a7bc072f230235df.jpg

• In the chest, the Warriors in Pink logo, Ford's organization fighting breast cancer, appears in the chest.
NPAZ_54e053bd91c941738066327fdebce79f.jpg

• Finally, at the back, we find painted sunflowers, these represent the strength and stability of women.
NPAZ_31fad490d3e6410cab3415372daec55e.jpg

Some additional data from the Ford Mustang Mach-E
  • Speaking of design is defined as a Coupé SUV.
  • On the front it has design strokes that simulate the presence of a grille and have the same body color.
NPAZ_d61933084e494b23a890a8e9c7495262.jpg

• Under the chest, where the engine should go in a combustion car, it has a cargo space of 136 liters.
  • Mechanically announces a power of 332 Hp and 417 Lb-ft torque,with this it would achieve 0-96 km/h in 5 seconds.
  • It is all-wheel drive or rear-wheel drive, using two battery sizes.
  • The standard battery is 75.7 kWh and the other extended range, is 98.8 kWh.
NPAZ_2eb8f2dcafb44ce4a561f3df8baaa3b7.jpg

• The maximum range, using rear-wheel drive and the larger battery, is up to 480 km.
  • Equips technologies such as MagneRide real-time adaptive suspension and Brembo brake system.
  • Inside stands out the infotainment system with a huge 15.5" vertically mounted touch screen. It has the latest generation SYNC software, and from it all the functions of the car are controlled.
NPAZ_bbff94f4d68c4e4a9863f4549b897c97.jpg

• It has a refined dashboard, is completely digital and elongated.
NPAZ_7117150103f1440788f42e883a5bb25c.jpg