silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I’m a little unclear as to what the price increases are going to apply to, given that you can’t presently order any MMEs right now. Is it simply what the model year 23 is going to cost, whenever they get around to opening up the order banks?
Consensus is that the MSRP jump will apply to any abandoned order or dealer inventory unit.
Sponsored

BobMatrix

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Altima Coupe
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
Country flag
This is my 2nd price increase since I ordered in September. Hopefully, neither one will actually affect my final price.

I talked to my dealer at Fairway Ford SC (who has been fantastic). He said that my car should be price protected but the car may come in with the higher invoiced price, then Ford would refund that money to me later.

Does this sound legitimate?

Any experiences with this?

Should I expect my original price or should I expect a much higher invoice?

I think my biggest worry is that my car will get bumped to a 2023 and it will that I will be forced to pay the extra price on the car.

BigDad

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach e GT 2021 Explorer Platinum
Price protection is legitimate. My experience is that the invoice price at the dealer was what I signed up for in October 2021 (before the December 2021 price increase). The window sticker was significantly higher. The difference between invoice and window sticker is (I believe) a matter for Ford and the dealer to reconcile.

OP
OP
Travman1974

Travman1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mazda 3
Country flag

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
This is my 2nd price increase since I ordered in September. Hopefully, neither one will actually affect my final price.

I talked to my dealer at Fairway Ford SC (who has been fantastic). He said that my car should be price protected but the car may come in with the higher invoiced price, then Ford would refund that money to me later.

Does this sound legitimate?

Any experiences with this?

Should I expect my original price or should I expect a much higher invoice?

I think my biggest worry is that my car will get bumped to a 2023 and it will that I will be forced to pay the extra price on the car.
the preferred method is you pay the original price and the dealer is later reimbursed. That way it’s all settled and you wouldn’t be taxed on the higher price. Though I’ve seen reports of a few dealers doing it as you describe.

TGIF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘18 Pacifica PHEV, ‘22 RR Premium 4X
Country flag
How will they profit with orders closing today and all orders prior to April 13th being price protected?
You can’t make a profit on a car you do not have the capacity to build and deliver hence closing orders. Dealers will still make a profit on price protected cars only from the manufacturer rather than from the consumer. Keeping orders open to undeliverable cars creates a lot of ill will in the long run. Just browse this forum to see the dissatisfaction with the time to delivery. Ford is protecting its brand for the long term Thereby protecting its long term profitability.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
You can’t make a profit on a car you do not have the capacity to build and deliver hence closing orders. Dealers will still make a profit on price protected cars only from the manufacturer rather than from the consumer. Keeping orders open to undeliverable cars creates a lot of ill will in the long run. Just browse this forum to see the dissatisfaction with the time to delivery. Ford is protecting its brand for the long term Thereby protecting its long term profitability.
Agreed, but the post was implying that Ford would profit due to cars having the increased MSRP so additional $$$. Which is not the case if all orders are PP.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agreed, but the post was implying that Ford would profit due to cars having the increased MSRP so additional $$$. Which is not the case if all orders are PP.
Ford will profit due to increased MSRP. PP is just a way to not screw people who ordered cars at a different price before the increase. Plenty of cars invoiced after today will be abandoned by the original buyer and thus won't be impacted by PP.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Ford will profit due to increased MSRP. PP is just a way to not screw people who ordered cars at a different price before the increase. Plenty of cars invoiced after today will be abandoned by the original buyer and thus won't be impacted by PP.
True but I honestly believe the cost to manufacture the cars has gone up. So even though Ford may receive more they can not count on it and even when they do it is not the full increase. Just my opinion. By the way PP also protects the dealer which is why it always confuses me why some dealers do not honor it.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
True but I honestly believe the cost to manufacture the cars has gone up. So even though Ford may receive more they can not count on it and even when they do it is not the full increase. Just my opinion. By the way PP also protects the dealer which is why it always confuses me why some dealers do not honor it.
You're right on cost of materials. It's a combination of many things for sure. Though a big part is if people are OK paying a dealer an extra 5K for a car, that's money Ford is just leaving on the table.

The handful of dealers that don't honor PP are just crooked and want that extra money for themselves at the expense of cheating their customers. Don't believe for a second that any dealer "doesn't understand" how price protection works. As long as the person who originally ordered the car completes the purchase, they can get that kickback from Ford even if they don't pass it on to the customer.

SigSauer

First Name
Mark David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Preiumn in DMG, AWD, ER and 1928 Model A Ford
Occupation
Retired Sales Representative
Country flag
Our dealer confirmed to us that we are price protected. The price quoted on 8/5/21 when we placed an order is the price we'll pay.

Rfehl62

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E GTPE
Occupation
Ford Sales consultant
Country flag
I hvae the same question. The dealer said the price should not change. I am still waiting to talk to someone from ford. I have been waiting on the phone for 10 minutes.
Unfor
So if a ME is already shipped to dealer it would not have the price increase even if it arrives after April 13.....I have a dealer ordered ME reserved that should arrive in the next two weeks....
Unfortunately yours would not qualify for price protection but, you will pay the price it was when it was invoiced/built. So, check the window sticker and the price on there will be what you pay. Unless the dealer is charging ADM.

MachKet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered 2022 Mach E select AWD
Country flag
I picked up a reservation for a GT after someone canceled their order. Car was built 3/29 and shipped already. Since I didn't place the original order and only have a $500 refundable deposit on the car and no other paperwork, I asked my sales guy whether the original MSRP will be honored. This is what I was told: "Once the window sticker is made its set in stone. The price increase is just for cars that have not been built yet."
Seems like you won't be price protected as you are not the original person that ordered the car

rolltide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium RWD SR Grabber Blue
Country flag
Your dealer should honor your order price prior to price increase. Use this to help you when talking to the dealer.

Ford_PriceProtection.jpg
Tim, thank you so much for this screenshot and all of your helpful videos on Price Protection and everything else you do. Keep it up!

entenna

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E GT (replaced Mercedes C43 AMG)
Country flag
Seems like you won't be price protected as you are not the original person that ordered the car
Checked the MSRP of the window sticker and it hasn't changed so I am confident they will honor the price considering this dealer is one of the largest dealers in the Bay Area and don't charge any markups on the Mach-E (all the other dealers here charge $5k-$20k markup)
Sponsored