RyZt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E4X
Country flag
Am I going to be screwed again next week when the price goes up again?
No. See Price Protection in post #1

However, some dealers are clueless and you’ll need to educate them.
Sponsored

Mach1E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach 1, Chevy SS-sold, GTPE delivered oct 2021
Country flag
With the update, MSRP for Mach E Premium ER AWD will become $62800 + 1200? I remember my built-in-2020 Mach E was $54700 + 1100. Wow, that’s a $8200 hike.

Is Ford doing all this so that they can get the PR of dropping the price a little when the $7500 fed tax credit runs out at some point in 2023?
I was thinking the same thing.

This gives them some “margin” if they need to lower the price later this year when the tax credit goes down or goes away.

The price increase only affects people who buy stock units or cancelled orders for 2022 models.

With 7% inflation this year, the price increase seems…… average.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So I ordered the select on tuesday and the dealer accepted it on Wednesday - I have an order number and the website shows the current MSRP - what will be interesting is to see If it changes - as the rep at the dealer i'm working with said the order bank is closed already - so I'm not quite sure - or he could just be misinformed as to when it actually closed
If you search for the MSRP you will most likely see the increase. Also when your window sticker is printed. What you should have, with your dealer, is a copy of the price at time of order. Price protection allows the dealer to sell the car to you at original price and then Ford compensates the dealer for the differential.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I was thinking the same thing.

This gives them some “margin” if they need to lower the price later this year when the tax credit goes down or goes away.

The price increase only affects people who buy stock units or cancelled orders for 2022 models.

With 7% inflation this year, the price increase seems…… average.
I do not think so. This is an increase based on the cost of materials. Especially batteries. I could be wrong on this but other EV’S have also jumped in price.

Keeperofthe7keys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium
Country flag
I do not think so. This is an increase based on the cost of materials. Especially batteries. I could be wrong on this but other EV’S have also jumped in price.
They bragged about a month ago about reducing production cost + they've cut features so uh, that ain't it.

PL281

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select (Build week 9/26/22)
Country flag
So this is what I see in my "Order" - as I said / where I am confused is if next week this page is going to change

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Price Increase - Effective April 13, 2022 (rescinded 4/15) Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 1.26.13 PM

Socalsp3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, Mach E
Country flag
this probably is due to higher cost of nickel batteries. ford needs to go LFP soon

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
Since order banks are closed, basically this is giving Ford more margin on dealer inventory rather than the dealer thru ADM perhaps?
"Order banks closed", Select and GT are still available on the Ford site?!

WNKent

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME CR1 4X
Occupation
Airline
Country flag
So this is what I see in my "Order" - as I said / where I am confused is if next week this page is going to change

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Price Increase - Effective April 13, 2022 (rescinded 4/15) Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 1.26.13 PM
Yes, it will change, mine did on my CR1 $2000, the first price increase. Good luck for us all to drag the dealerships that want to double dip, getting the price protection from Ford and more money from us, the customer.

pacman7474

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E
Country flag
I sent a message about this price incre
No. See Price Protection in post #1

However, some dealers are clueless and you’ll need to educate them.
Ok, so the original price I was approved for will still stand, but the order on the website will keep updating with the newer price. I received word back from my dealership around this same information. Just hoping when I get my car in a couple months it will still be the same.

Thanks

ridgebackpilot

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME GTPE; 2022 MME Premium ER
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Wow that's wild. I love my 21 premium AWD ER, but if i can sell it for what i paid (or maybe more? Since i paid almost $1k under sticker thanks to X plan), then I would consider selling it and grabbing another EV (maybe a Jaguar I-pace?)
Be careful what you wish for! According to Consumer Reports testing, the Jaguar I-Pace is not only more expensive but rated far below the MME. Tesla Model Y rating thrown in for comparison.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Price Increase - Effective April 13, 2022 (rescinded 4/15) Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 10.48.27 AM

Last edited:

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Price Increase - Effective April 13, 2022 (rescinded 4/15) Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 10.48.27 AM
If you ordered last week it will change, but you will be price protected which most dealers seem to figure out but there have been reports of a handful being difficult. This is a great time to have your dealer email you an order sheet to confirm the price you will pay.

Dancefreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Star White Premium extended battery eAWD
Country flag
I sent a message about this price incre

Ok, so the original price I was approved for will still stand, but the order on the website will keep updating with the newer price. I received word back from my dealership around this same information. Just hoping when I get my car in a couple months it will still be the same.

Thanks
Yes there are very long threads discussing price protection elsewhere on the forum. Seems like it's not an issue with 95% of dealers...and if your dealer already told you this, you should be good. THAT SAID...it doesn't hurt to have them email you a sheet that details your order and the current price.

PL281

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select (Build week 9/26/22)
Country flag
@Dancefreak
So I ordered it this week and they are telling me the order book is already closed - can they send me an order sheet or not until it is submitted to Ford??
Sponsored