narmstrong79

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
I love my Select AWD,. But the price to value is starting to get out of wack. Over $60k for a premium extended range isn't worth it in my opinion.

Regularmache

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 F150 Platinum, 18 Mustang GT PP2, 14 QX80
Occupation
Purchasing
Country flag
A $6,000 price increase for the GT trim in the past four months? Wow. I'm glad I got my order when I did.
Do you have the price protection for orders submitted before Jan you could PM or post?

Keeperofthe7keys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach e Premium
Country flag
The price protection occurs in the form of a rebate from Ford to the dealership, post sale. This is an important element because it means that the updated price appears on the window sticker. If a customer cancels their order, and someone else purchases the car, the new purchaser would not get the price protection rebate.

I’m unclear of if the dealership can still claim the rebate. If I were to guess, this rebate could only be claimed if the person who originally submitted the order is the purchaser. That’s likely why it is returned to the dealership post sale, because someone at Ford checks who bought the car.
So, in other words, this doesn't affect all of us who ordered, and no one else can order for the rest of MY 22, but it is an increase for any that happen to be sitting on a lot for some reason.?

jennabo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MME Premium ER AWD
Country flag
Automatic price protection will be provided on:
• Firm 2022-model fleet, retail, and demonstrator orders signed and dated on or before April 12, 2022, and received by Ford Motor Company on or before April 18, 2022.
What exactly does “signed and dated” mean? My online reservation was converted to an order/accepted by the dealer on 1/7/22 & I’m waiting for a production date. I haven’t signed anything.

8Urchvy

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 GTPE - Carbonized Grey
Country flag
Wow...so a new fully loaded GTPE is like $75K? CRAZAY!

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Ford F-150, Mach E GT
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Is everyone is price protected? What's the point of nominally increasing the price then?
A reflection of true costs and dealer ordered vehicles do not fall into this category. Neither do any cancelled orders which seems to occur fairly often. It may also be a wise move now because my guess is commodities will continue to rise; therefore, another possible increase. I am not a marketing person but it would seem to me better to have say another incremental increase in the fall rather than a huge one. Also these increases are probably across the board and not just on Mach e’s.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What exactly does “signed and dated” mean? My online reservation was converted to an order/accepted by the dealer on 1/7/22 & I’m waiting for a production date. I haven’t signed anything.
Did you speak with the dealer at all? I gave them a copy of my drivers license but I ordered thru the dealer and not on line. They also printed out the prices of the order and placed them in the file. Prices were for D Plan, X Plan and regular MSRP. Not sure if I signed anything either. But I do know what the Price Protected costs were.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So, in other words, this doesn't affect all of us who ordered, and no one else can order for the rest of MY 22, but it is an increase for any that happen to be sitting on a lot for some reason.?
No, but for any that appear on the lot after the 13th. Of course I guess they could make a new window sticker for existing dealer inventory but I have no insight into whether they would or not.

AKgrampy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Do you have the price protection for orders submitted before Jan you could PM or post?
I believe SR models increased $1000 and ER models increased $2000 on Dec 8th. Adding the ER battery option was also increased $1000. I seem to remember some of the paint colors options also increased a bit.

IgorKl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 MME GT and '22 MME CaliRoute 1 AWD
Country flag
I could not justify CaliRoute 1 5k price increase, but will keep my current order so I could sell it for some greenes.

Bcshrader

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select
Country flag
There are definitely reports in the build week threads of shady dealers refusing price protection or at least making the process quite difficult whether through ignorance or malice. I'm not too worried about my large, high-volume dealership playing games as they've sold plenty of Mach-E's, but was looking forward to one less thing to 'deal with' during the purchasing process.
I ordered in November and then confirmed with dealer through email in December that my price was locked. Sure enough... They conveniently forgot and would've sold it to me for $1,000 higher if I wasn't prepared to look for it. Luckily I had printed out the email confirmation so they eventually sold it to me for the correct price.

Rhndrsn

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 MachE GTPE
Country flag
Super important nuance that seems to lack an obvious answer.

Bcshrader

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach E Select
Country flag
Did you speak with the dealer at all? I gave them a copy of my drivers license but I ordered thru the dealer and not on line. They also printed out the prices of the order and placed them in the file. Prices were for D Plan, X Plan and regular MSRP. Not sure if I signed anything either. But I do know what the Price Protected costs were.
This is how I ordered as well. You can see my comment on page 5, but I'd advise confirming over email before your MME arrives to lower your chance of purchase day drama.
Sponsored