Mach E Pricing Predictions?

Blinkingicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Mustang GT, 2015 Taco
Country flag
Hi I'm new here and wanted to ping the group on price opinions.

Car and Driver wrote that it expects pricing to start around $40,000 which puts it right about the price of a new Mustang GT Premium.

Seems a bit high base pricing as it would be one of the most expensive non-niche line/FP vehicles in Ford's line up., but maybe the "performance EV" aspect of it warrants the price? What does everyone think?
Sponsored

BadaBing

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang & Explorer
Country flag
After the $7500 federal EV tax credit, it's going to be low $30k. Which is a good deal in my opinion for a 300 mile range crossover which should have impressive acceleration and good handling according to Ford's teasers.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e GTP, 2017 Ford Mustang EB
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Besides the Federal tax credit, many states have them, too. In NY, it will be an additional $2K.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCrew 2015 Mustang EcoBoost convertible
Country flag
I'm betting mid $40's also I'm really hoping it will be lower.

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
They will pull a Chevy and the base model will be $39,999 so it's under $40K. :p

OP
OP

Blinkingicon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Mustang GT, 2015 Taco
Country flag
They will pull a Chevy and the base model will be $39,999 so it's under $40K. :p
I would be fine with that! I'm just preparing for the creep to upper 40s and 50s with the bells and whistles I want. Really curious if they will try to mirror the Mustang in terms of trim and packages.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I would be fine with that! I'm just preparing for the creep to upper 40s and 50s with the bells and whistles I want. Really curious if they will try to mirror the Mustang in terms of trim and packages.
This is what I think will happen also and knowing the way Ford packages options.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
I think the mach-e will be more expensive than that.

This is not a high volume car, nor is this a family Electric Vehicle. This vehicle is intended for the performance crowd, otherwise it wouldn't have sleek lines, nor would it be related/conceptualized/likened too the Mustang Mach-1.

I see this mach-e going directly after the Porsche Taycan and other similar sports cars...
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E Pricing Predictions? 2020_porsche_taycan_4s_01200[1]

Now, Ford's Mach-E might not be as exotic, but the Mach-e will have the latest Ford technology and anyone thinking this is a less than $50k, is out of their mind.

Last edited:

stmache

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager, Photographer
Country flag
Oh, I think the top of the line model with all the options will be over $50K but I sure hope Ford has trims far less than that. Of course, they will probably do what Tesla, VW and others have done and only offer the more expensive versions for first X number of units before you can get the lesser, less expensive ones. That would be too bad. If EVs are ever going to be considered mainstream, they should be produced that way.

Midnight Blue

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘15 Accord; ‘94 GT Mustang
Country flag
I see this mach-e going directly after the Porsche Taycan and other similar sports cars...

I agree. That’s what I was hoping for, though I’m now doubtful after seeing the silhouette. I think it’s that rear window overhang that’s bothering me...

The reports from people whom have actually seen it, say it looks more like an I-Pace, which isn’t bad. Just not what I was hoping for in my mind.

Still, the Mach-E could look better than anything I/we could have ever imagined.

As for actual performance, I think you’re right that there’s a trim level with beefed up brakes, suspension, tuning, etc. Why not?

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Edge Sport (tuned)
Country flag
I am not sure why you are confused as to what it looks like.

Or, unless you are not bale to conceptualize the CAD drawings into an mental model. I do agree, that the "overhang" or rear louver isn't shown entirely in the CAD drawing, but you should be able to see it in your mind's eye.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think the mach-e will be more expensive than that.

This is not a high volume car, nor is this a family Electric Vehicle. This vehicle is intended for the performance crowd, otherwise it wouldn't have sleek lines, nor would it be related/conceptualized/likened too the Mustang Mach-1.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach E Pricing Predictions? 2020_porsche_taycan_4s_01200[1]

Now, Ford's Mach-E might not be as exotic, but the Mach-e will have the latest Ford technology and anyone thinking this is a less than $50k, is out of their mind.
I hope you are wrong and Ford stays with the Mustang heritage in being affordable as well as sporty.

MachSpeed

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Oh, I think the top of the line model with all the options will be over $50K but I sure hope Ford has trims far less than that. Of course, they will probably do what Tesla, VW and others have done and only offer the more expensive versions for first X number of units before you can get the lesser, less expensive ones. That would be too bad. If EVs are ever going to be considered mainstream, they should be produced that way.
The Mach E won't be any different then any other car launch they always roll out the highly optioned cars first then the less expensive models later.

Whatstreet

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Ford Expedition
Occupation
Electronics Engineer
Country flag
The MachE is going after Tesla buyers., so expect it to start at $40K for the base model which may have RWD and a small battery compared to the other offerings and up to maybe $60K for AWD and a bigger battery.

To compete with Tesla the acceleration of the performance version will likely be 0 to 60 in about 3.5 seconds and the battery needed to do that will also give you more than 300 mile range if driven reasonably.

Also, some have predicted this will be a low volume product. I disagree with that as Tesla Model 3 is high volume and Ford would need volume capacity to compete with Tesla.

Tesla Model 3 can be used as a guide for prediction here, though in some ways it may out perform the Model 3.

Ford will have an advantage because of tax incentives as Tesla has already sold more than 200K EVs. In California the Fed and State incentives will be $10K off the income tax that is owed the governments.

For that reason I am interested in this car. I hope there will not be availability issues after the car comes to market.
Sponsored