Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium 4X
Occupation
Professional education
Country flag
Funny enough, none of the owners that drive one are saving money over an ICE vehicle either.

As nice as the Mach-E is, it's a $25,000 vehicle with another $25k worth of batteries in it.

You could find a comparably optioned ICE crossover for around $30k vs. Mach-E's $50k price tag. Add to that higher insurance premiums, and any illusion of saving money vs. driving an ICE car only make sense over a 10+ year lifespan.
Speak for yourself. A year ago, I was paying $50 to fill up the 18 gallon tank on my 2017 Explorer and got maybe 230 miles per tank around town. Today it would cost nearly twice that much. I can “fill up” my MME at home for less than $10 and get at least 250 miles of range out of it. And I haven’t even had to change the oil yet. 🤣 But I do keep getting emailed coupons from my local Ford dealer for a discount on my next oil change. 🙄
Sponsored

JamesStew71

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Occupation
auto tech
Country flag
I wonder if it was supposed to be $2,500 instead of $25,000.
Select a Vehicle
Close

Search by Keywords, Part Numbers or Full VINGO
Ford Mustang Mach-E

1. Home

2. Ford

3. Mustang Mach-E

4. LJ9Z10B759A
CONFIRM THIS FITS YOUR
Ford Mustang Mach-E

Ford Mustang Mach-E: Electrical, Lighting, Telematics Products
Select a Year:
Battery ASSEMBLY. Drive Motor Battery Pack Assembly.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Production Costs Increases and No Longer Profitable For Ford MT21180_1

Part Number: LJ9Z10B759A
Supersession(s): LJ9Z-10B759-A
A combination of parts including but not limited to the hybrid high voltage battery, hybrid battery tray, housing, cooling components and more. BATTERY & BATTERY ASSEMBLIES HIGH VOLTAGE.

Fits Mustang Mach-E (2021 - 2022)

BATTERY ASSEMBLY; Mustang Mach-E; AWD; Traction Battery #1. HIGH VOLTAGE, BATTERY & BATTERY ASSEMBLIES, extended range, AWD.
Ships Fast From Las Vegas, NV
Battery & battery assemblies. High voltage.
Full Diagram
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Production Costs Increases and No Longer Profitable For Ford MT21180

Lower. Rear. Row 1. Row 2. Row 3. Row 4. Row 5. Rwd. Standard range. Upper.
AWD. BATTERY & BATTERY ASSEMBLIES. extended range. HIGH VOLTAGE.

Your Price
$ 23,648.94

Fulfillment Options
Shipping

Local Pickup
Friendly Ford
660 N. Decatur Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89107
-+
ADD TO CART
Dealer Rating: 4.8

found this on web
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Production Costs Increases and No Longer Profitable For Ford MT21180
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Production Costs Increases and No Longer Profitable For Ford MT21180_1

Your Price
$ 23,648.94

Fulfillment Options
Shipping

Local Pickup
Friendly Ford
660 N. Decatur Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89107
-+
ADD TO CART
Dealer Rating: 4.8/5

26 reviews
SEE REVIEWS

Reactions: UW2

gordonf238

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E AWD, Ext. range
Country flag
This may well be the single stupidest take I’ve read on the internet in several years.

I am saving money driving my Mach-E over what my Escape was costing me.

but the real kicker is the nonsense about it’s a 25k car with 25k worth of batteries. That’s like saying a Corvette is a 40k car with 50k worth of engine.
Sounds like a like of fanboys here. I'm just sharing my own objective perspective.

Mach-E Premium which I own does not feel like a $55k vehicle. Fit and finish, attention to detail, etc. $55k ICE Crossover puts you in the luxury category. The Mach-E doesn't even have its door pockets padded. It's a $25k car with $25k worth of batteries. Acceleration is definitely on a different level, but that's about it.

And don't forget, just because you're paying 12c/kWhr in electricity, not everyone else does. In the NYC area it's more like 25c/Kwhr. Still cheaper than gas, but far more expensive to insure. I'm paying double for insurance vs. our Volvo V60 CC, which coincidentally, was also a $55k vehicle and far more refined.

Just my 2 cents. Not gonna argue with fanboys.

kennethjk

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME Prem. EB 4WD, X3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sounds like a like of fanboys here. I'm just sharing my own objective perspective.

Mach-E Premium which I own does not feel like a $55k vehicle. Fit and finish, attention to detail, etc. $55k ICE Crossover puts you in the luxury category. The Mach-E doesn't even have its door pockets padded. It's a $25k car with $25k worth of batteries. Acceleration is definitely on a different level, but that's about it.

And don't forget, just because you're paying 12c/kWhr in electricity, not everyone else does. In the NYC area it's more like 25c/Kwhr. Still cheaper than gas, but far more expensive to insure. I'm paying double for insurance vs. our Volvo V60 CC, which coincidentally, was also a $55k vehicle and far more refined.

I am far from a fan boy of Ford and come from a Porsche Macan S, Porsche 911s , BMW x3 and Cadillac CT5. I traded in the Macan for the MME and still have the others

All have plastic bins, the 911 has half the bin in felt, big deal. BMWs luxury vehicles have always been a bit sterile.

The fit and finish of the ford is no worse than any car I have driven. Maybe the paint is a bit thinner or scratches easier but that’s it “luxury wise”. I have also had MB SL 500 and 550 and BMWs 735, 745 and 750 as well as a 645 so I think I can compare the MME to other luxury cars and all of those cars cost way more than the MME.

I may not be thrilled with the steering compared to my Porsches but it does compare well to the X3. The car is worth the money in my opinion, of course other than the “stop safely now” problem which is huge

I did leave out the bouncy ride on some secondary roads and that is terrible but on main highways, nothing to complain about

Last edited:

captcrunch11

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Standard Range RWD
Country flag

I get your point, but I’d argue it’s closer to an Escape Titanium, which goes for $35K. I know this from personal experience, as that’s my fiancé’s car. They are incredibly similar in terms of size, features, and build quality. Heck the Mach-E’s GE1 platform is just a heavily modified version of the Escape’s C2 platform. I will say that the Mach-E has much more engaging handling, and a more aggressive exterior design.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e GT, 2017 Raptor, Lightning (9/5 Build)
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Country flag

You might want to look for new insurance. Our Mach-e GT was barely more expensive (like $3 per month) to insure than the Mini Countryman it replaced. Allstate.

ripperAZ

First Name
Ripper
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ice White Mustang Mach E AWD EX BATT
Country flag
Funny enough, none of the owners that drive one are saving money over an ICE vehicle either.

As nice as the Mach-E is, it's a $25,000 vehicle with another $25k worth of batteries in it.

You could find a comparably optioned ICE crossover for around $30k vs. Mach-E's $50k price tag. Add to that higher insurance premiums, and any illusion of saving money vs. driving an ICE car only make sense over a 10+ year lifespan.
That’s exactly why I’m loving my Maverick hybrid truck and I’m buying another one when they go up for order in August I get around 50 miles a gallon on the highway and City combined giving me a 700 mile range. And it cost $35,000 completely loaded. And the ride is better than on my MachE Premium

That hybrid maverick truck is a genius truck
Cheap. Capable. Good looking. I freaking love it
Jes sayin

captcrunch11

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E Premium Standard Range RWD
Country flag
That’s exactly why I’m loving my Maverick hybrid truck and I’m buying another one when they go up for order in August I get around 50 miles a gallon on the highway and City combined giving me a 700 mile range. And it cost $35,000 completely loaded. And the ride is better than on my MachE Premium

That hybrid maverick truck is a genius truck
Cheap. Capable. Good looking. I freaking love it
Jes sayin
I loved my Maverick Hybrid, but having a truck just wasn’t for me. It’s too long. I’d prefer a Bronco Sport Hybrid with the Maverick XLT’s interior and price. Unfortunately that probably won’t happen. The Maverick is a steal.

Jtbuster

First Name
Brian oConnor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
Update, June 16, 12:40pm EST: This article was initially published on June 15 with the headline “Ford’s Cost to Build the Mach-E Increased $25,000 Per Car Due to Battery Prices Skyrocketing.” Our report was based on an article from CNBC which included that $25,000 figure. Today, CNBC has issued a correction on that piece, stating that the article “has been updated to remove an incorrect figure for cost increases associated with building Ford’s Mustang Mach-E. Ford CFO John Lawler did not provide a number for that increase.” We have updated this article and headline to reflect this change.”

Via jalopnik article:

Ford's Cost to Build the Mach-E Increased $25,000 Per Car Due to Battery Prices Skyrocketing
While inflation has wiped out the profits Ford made off the EV, consumer demand remains strong.

June 15, 2022​
Ford is preparing for an economic downturn, at least according to the automaker’s CFO. The company has recently seen record profits with strong demand from vehicles like the Maverick, Mustang Mach-E, Bronco, and F-150 Lightning. But as CNBC News reports, like most Americans the company isn’t immune from the effects of inflation.​
Ford made money in 2021, raking in nearly $18 billion in profit. Granted a lot of that was on the back of its stake in Rivian, but still, people want what the brand is selling. In January of this year alone, Ford sold nearly 155,000 vehicles. They’re selling them faster than they can make them, despite having to raise prices to offset inflation.​
While this has helped the company’s profit margins, not everything is immune. Speaking at a conference hosted by Deutsche Bank, Ford’s CFO John Lawler stated how inflation has affected the company, namely the Mustang Mach-E. He added that even though the company raised the price of the Mach-E with the rest of its lineup to offset inflation, the double squeeze of rising battery materials costs and inflation gobbled up the Mach-E’s profits. While Lawler didn’t state how much the company could be potentially losing at this time on every Mach-E it sells, he stated that costs for the EV gone up to the tune of $25,000.​
In a sign that the gravy train could stop running at any time, Lawler stated that the Ford is taking steps to prepare for an economic downturn. The main sign of things to come? Late car payments. Lawler said Ford Credit, Ford’s vehicle financing arm, has started to see more and more late payments. I guess those 84-month loans Ford defaulted to on some models weren’t a good idea after all. And while Lawler reassured that the company is in a better position for an economic downturn than before, if the economy does tank a bit, automakers and consumers are going to get hit hard.​
Automakers have been pouring billions into an EV transition. Many could be in the same position as Ford with inflation eating up profits as manufacturing costs rise. And with vehicle prices higher than ever, and consumers taking out longer and longer loan terms to finance them (and the markups that dealers have been placing on them), this all has the potential to get really bad before it gets better.​
Just delete the article.

vinny2487

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E CA Route 1 (Star White)
Country flag
You might want to look for new insurance. Our Mach-e GT was barely more expensive (like $3 per month) to insure than the Mini Countryman it replaced. Allstate.
My insurance went up a whopping... $5/month. And that was coming from a 2018 Honda Civic.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

I see the same comments on ID.4 forums. "I'm never going back to ICE" and "This is the best car I've owned"

What kind of crap ICE cars have these folks driven before the ID.4? No HUD, no 360 camera, no auto-hold, crap driver assistance, low budget infotainment system, poor audio system, etc. It's a $25K SUV at best. A bottom-trim RAV4 is probably better.

SyNRG

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Explorer Sport & 2021 MME Select (SR) RWD
Occupation
Healthcare Data Analysis
Country flag
53077326.jpg

JamesStew71

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mustang mach e
Occupation
auto tech
Country flag
Speak for yourself. A year ago, I was paying $50 to fill up the 18 gallon tank on my 2017 Explorer and got maybe 230 miles per tank around town. Today it would cost nearly twice that much. I can “fill up” my MME at home for less than $10 and get at least 250 miles of range out of it. And I haven’t even had to change the oil yet. 🤣 But I do keep getting emailed coupons from my local Ford dealer for a discount on my next oil change. 🙄
I whole heartedly agree , I charge the wifes mach e at home , my electric bill only $30 up per month. Her new 2019 explorer is 60 a week same mileage (!!math wizards!!)????my insurance is state farm , actually lower than the explorer!!?? and we are doing our microscopic part with the planet for the grandkids!!!
Sponsored