Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 MME Premium AWD ER in Infinite Blue
Occupation
Accountant-Retired
Country flag
I am curious what the margins are for the Mach-E and Lightning, I wouldn't think they would be large enough to absorb this. At a $25,000 increase I would think that Ford would stop production all together as they would lose billions.
Keep in mind that part of the Mach E cost is fixed (i.e. facility, tooling, debt, depreciation). If Ford discontinued production all together, the loss would be greater.

I think Ford should discontinue all regional discounts and suspend x/y/a pricing discounts. Why give a financial incentive when it’s not necessary to build demand?

Costs could be up 15-20%. That would be $10k, maybe $15k..

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Country flag
I can't come to this forum and wade through this endless reactionary pile anymore. This thread has NO accurate numbers, it's title quotes a misprint and a too stupid to take seriously misprint at that.

The recall 22S41 thread is at 56 pages.

Seriously. Who has the time....?
But if you didn't read the whole recall thread, you would have missed people arguing seriously about what a quarter is 🤣

tannerk89

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E P4X
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Funny enough, none of the owners that drive one are saving money over an ICE vehicle either.

As nice as the Mach-E is, it's a $25,000 vehicle with another $25k worth of batteries in it.

You could find a comparably optioned ICE crossover for around $30k vs. Mach-E's $50k price tag. Add to that higher insurance premiums, and any illusion of saving money vs. driving an ICE car only make sense over a 10+ year lifespan.
I’m saving money vs driving ice… I was paying >$160/wk in gas when I bought my MME and now I pay ~$45 per month in energy. Just because you don’t save money doesn’t mean others don’t.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E4X, 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Country flag
Funny enough, none of the owners that drive one are saving money over an ICE vehicle either.

As nice as the Mach-E is, it's a $25,000 vehicle with another $25k worth of batteries in it.

You could find a comparably optioned ICE crossover for around $30k vs. Mach-E's $50k price tag. Add to that higher insurance premiums, and any illusion of saving money vs. driving an ICE car only make sense over a 10+ year lifespan.
Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Production Costs Increases and No Longer Profitable For Ford BAC0F94D-15B4-4D8D-876A-FB954BC1FE57

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag

npgeorgeuw

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E GT PE, Jeep Gladiator "Willys"
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Yeah, I highly doubt this. That would mean Bolts, ID4s and anyone using an LG pouch pack and similar chemistry would also be hemorrhaging money. GM literally just dropped the Bolt EV and EUV lines by $6k to match the $30k launch of the equinox EV, so I'm guessing not.

KennyPratt42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E California Rt 1 AWD
Country flag
Just to jump in, there is no vehicle under $40k (maybe more) with a hands free driver assist system or a 15”+ infotainment screen. Throw in the acceleration & performance and you’re easily in the $50k ICE range for a lot of models. Things like that are always subjective to a buyer and if they want to pay for them, but there is certainly no comparable $25k or $30k ICE vehicle. If I had to guess the exact same vehicle if Ford put in performance Ecoboost engines would run about 5k less than the comparable Mach-E trims & options.

voxel

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Yeah, I highly doubt this. That would mean Bolts, ID4s and anyone using an LG pouch pack and similar chemistry would also be hemorrhaging money. GM literally just dropped the Bolt EV and EUV lines by $6k to match the $30k launch of the equinox EV, so I'm guessing not.
ID.4s got a price bump for the 2022 models. Still not a single 2022 sold in the US (held at port waiting for 3.0 update). You want to talk about a clusterf**k... there is one.

Bolts... without the price drop would anybody buy one? Besides.. all batteries are free from LG due to the fires :)

2023 hasn't even started production and that's when GM finally pays for the batteries. Rumor is the Bolt is dead after 2023 as GM moves to Ultium.

Caulk-E

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mustang Mach-E Premium ER RWD
Country flag
ID.4s got a price bump for the 2022 models. Still not a single 2022 sold in the US (held at port waiting for 3.0 update). You want to talk about a clusterf**k... there is one.

Bolts... without the price drop would anybody buy one? Besides.. all batteries are free from LG due to the fires :)

2023 hasn't even started production and that's when GM finally pays for the batteries. Rumor is the Bolt is dead after 2023 as GM moves to Ultium.
I hope not. I just bought a Bolt.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag
Tesla didn’t make a profit off vehicles for what, 10 years? That didn’t hurt it’s fake stock price.
Yeah, but can Ford find an equally crazy CEO to create a cult following?
Also don't forget that was all happening when the money was cheap, now there is a liquidity crisis, the Fed is sucking the monetary blood from the markets.

RedStallion

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E, et al
Country flag

JRSNoVa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GT Performance Grabber Blue
Country flag

trutolife27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln mkx , Ford f-150, Mache
Country flag

no, I don't think so more like 40,000. It's not even close.
Sponsored