Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Don’t get all excited like I was. There are only 4 steps:

Profile - your name and picture/avatar

Saved places - this one has the most choices as you can save a a bunch of places (don’t know if there’sa limit) and find 1 nearest charging station for each.

Departure schedule - lots of choices here if you want to do different schedules for each day. You can set your comfort level to warm, medium or cool. No SOC details, or even if you want steering wheel or seat heater on.

Drive experience - Do you want Engage, Unbridled, or Whisper. Just one “always” choice. No Whisper in the morning and Unbridled in the afternoon. No “better keep down to Engage on Friday afternoon “. Just your always default.

That’s it. Very underwhelming.

Screenshots by @jhalkias from https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/allocation-spot-and-scheduled-for-production.1696/post-49822

7f69eb08-b26d-4323-bbfe-d3fad7fa7f74-jpeg.jpg

15bdd0af-e6d8-40df-99c5-49a02256fcd0-jpeg.jpg

0d5b4b1b-bffb-4042-a4e1-2fb3798b1d59-jpeg.jpg

a355d8c9-a2fe-45f2-9fcc-4debb5afe5c2-jpeg.jpg

b274c6f0-d6f7-48c7-8f60-702db68cc238-jpeg.jpg

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
No Whisper in the morning and Unbridled in the afternoon.
"Whisper in the morning, Unbridled in the afternoon" was the tagline I danced under in college.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
The nearest chargers step shows me chargers that are restricted access (e.g. employees only) but doesn't let me see that level of detail or filter them out.

It shows a home icon for home but a Star for everything else, including a daily destination like work. Seems lame.

At the end there is an upsell page but the ads don't seem to be linked, so I couldn't see any more details.

It has two items. The Webasto Pure EVSE, which is a premium wallbox for Europe, and some sort of charging network access membership, I think... Probably also for Europe.

I chose Whisper mode as my default. You?

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
The nearest chargers step shows me chargers that are restricted access (e.g. employees only) but doesn't let me see that level of detail or filter them out.

It shows a home icon for home but a Star for everything else, including a daily destination like work. Seems lame.

At the end there is an upsell page but the ads don't seem to be linked, so I couldn't see any more details.

It has two items. The Webasto Pure EVSE, which is a premium wallbox for Europe, and some sort of charging network access membership, I think... Probably also for Europe.

I chose Whisper mode as my default. You?
I set Engage at first but then realized the first time I get in I want to try Unbridled. I figured Unbridled would be better for jumping up onto the curb when I drive out of the dealership ?

KAustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Telluride
Country flag
Don’t get all excited like I was. There are only 4 steps:

View attachment 7179

@jhalkias posted more screenshots here: https://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/allocation-spot-and-scheduled-for-production.1696/post-49822

Profile - your name and picture/avatar

Saved places - this one has the most choices as you can save a a bunch of places (don’t know if there’sa limit) and find 1 nearest charging station for each.

Departure schedule - lots of choices here if you want to do different schedules for each day. You can set your comfort level to warm, medium or cool. No SOC details, or even if you want steering wheel or seat heater on.

Drive experience - Do you want Engage, Unbridled, or Whisper. Just one “always” choice. No Whisper in the morning and Unbridled in the afternoon. No “better keep down to Engage on Friday afternoon “. Just your always default.

That’s it. Very underwhelming.
I tried to tell you that last week. ?

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Yeah after seeing the video with all the bazillion options on the screen in the Mach-E I was really underwhelmed by the whole preconfigure process. Probably won't even upload my profile until I get the car home.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag
Yeah after seeing the video with all the bazillion options on the screen in the Mach-E I was really underwhelmed by the whole preconfigure process. Probably won't even upload my profile until I get the car home.
It may be worth uploading to the car right away unless you don’t want all those 0-60 tests on “your record”.

Jmills3232

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
(Own)2016 Focus Electric, (Ordered)Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Manager
Country flag
May i ask what is probably a stupid question....? Are you able to access this for YOUR Mach E? If so, where can I go to do mine?

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Install FordPass on your phone and sign in to your account.

Add your VIN to your account at ford.com (or via FordPass app).

Within seconds of adding the vin via ford.com, I received a push notification on my phone inviting me to complete Remote Vehicle Setup for the new car. Then I received a second notification maybe a minute later, worded differently but saying the same thing.

It's really buggy. So of you exit the app while going through the steps, you'll have to find the RVS option in the deck of cards shown at the bottom of the FordPass app.

If you don't see all the cards in the deck (often times I only see one large card), force quit the app and relaunch and they should show up.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Is there an option to “find my Mach-e” in the FordPass app?

or maybe your FFE or other Fords in this group?

It would be fun to be able track it on the truck.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Is there an option to “find my Mach-e” in the FordPass app?

or maybe your FFE or other Fords in this group?

It would be fun to be able track it on the truck.
That would be really cool... But if they implemented this with security in mind, it shouldn't allow you to find the car until you've authorized access from the car's point of view... Which you won't be able to do until someone taps something on its touchscreen to confirm your pairing request.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired oceanographer
Country flag

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
That would be really cool... But if they implemented this with security in mind, it shouldn't allow you to find the car until you've authorized access from the car's point of view... Which you won't be able to do until someone taps something on its touchscreen to confirm your pairing request.
MyFord Mobile has a three-way handshake that includes interaction with the vehicle's screen. I seem to recall from playing with FordPass on rentals that it's the same way.
Sponsored