ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
Have there been any more deliveries? I have a few questions.
Sponsored

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
If you do that 4yr option, will you have any trade-in value, or is it just like a lease? My fear would be not having any buying power when it comes to getting a new car in 4yrs.
Here's an example for the 48 month Options... If you run your own numbers, it will be different (due to local incentives, your trim/options, x-plan, taxes, etc).

In this example the final payment is $17,460. At month 48, you decide among four options:

1. return the car in lieu of that payment (must also settle out your excess mileage and excess wear and damage fees)

2. make the final $17,460 payment and retain the vehicle

3. refinance the balloon into a new loan

4. trade-in and discount your new purchase by the better of the Mach-E's then-current trade-in value or $17,460 (less fees for over-mileage and excesses wear/damage)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E retail deliveries begin! -- First to customer in Dallas 1609633623716

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
If you do that 4yr option, will you have any trade-in value, or is it just like a lease? My fear would be not having any buying power when it comes to getting a new car in 4yrs.
Ford Options choices at the end of the contract term are:
1. Return – Transfer ownership of the vehicle to Ford Credit (like a lease turn-in, with mileage and excessive use charges)

2. Renew – Trade-in/Sell the vehicle, any accumulated equity may be available for use as down payment

3. Retain – Payoff or refinance the balloon note amount through Ford Credit (like buying out your lease by paying the agreed lease purchase price/residual value)

GoGoGadgetMachE

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E 1st Ed., 2022 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Professional forum cheerleader and fanboy
Country flag
Here's an example for the 48 month Options... If you run your own numbers, it will be different (due to local incentives, your trim/options, x-plan, taxes, etc).

In this example the final payment is $17,460. At month 48, you decide among four options:

1. return the car in lieu of that payment (must also settle out your excess mileage and excess wear and damage fees)

4. trade-in and discount your new purchase by the better of the Mach-E's then-current trade-in value or $17,460 (less fees for over-mileage and excesses wear/damage)

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E retail deliveries begin! -- First to customer in Dallas 1609633623716
you must have made up this screenshot because I'm positive there are very long threads on here saying that this payment would be like $950/month or $1,200,000/month or something.

NotSoJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda CRV, Mustang Mach-E reservation holder
Country flag
Right, and I'm going into it not planning to have any buying power. I give that up by locking in a lower monthly payment for the 4 years. My fear is that competition and quality of EVs in 4 years will be drastically different than it is right now, which would impact the value of the trade in, thus diminishing my buying power. It's a risk, but we all have to be at peace with some level of risk given this being the inaugural MME. If the car kills it and is worth more than expected in 4 years, then i can choose to pony (pun intended! Where's my slap?!?) up for the balloon payment.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag
Ford Options choices at the end of the contract term are:
1. Return – Transfer ownership of the vehicle to Ford Credit (like a lease turn-in, with mileage and excessive use charges)

2. Renew – Trade-in/Sell the vehicle, any accumulated equity may be available for use as down payment

3. Retain – Payoff or refinance the balloon note amount through Ford Credit (like buying out your lease by paying the agreed lease purchase price/residual value)
Very helpful, thanks! With an option, are there mileage limits? This is a main reason why a typical lease won’t really work for me.

DaveRuns

Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
N/A
Country flag

Awesome example, thanks! Now I’m torn on what to do. I’ve never leased a vehicle before, only done the typical financing. Hmmm

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag

This is good information. Do you have a link to this calculator? I checked earlier but only found leasing options and Mach E was not a selection.

hybrid2bev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Job 1 Premium4X - EAP Member
Country flag
Very helpful, thanks! With an option, are there mileage limits? This is a main reason why a typical lease won’t really work for me.
Yes, that is the ‘lease like’ part of Options. Mileage choices are just like a lease: from 7,500 to 19,500 miles per year.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Yes, that is the ‘lease like’ part of Options. Mileage choices range is just like from 7,500 to 19,500 miles per year.
Is there a link available for Ford Option? I wanted to run some estimates for my situation.

macchiaz-o

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
🔑 ]not/A/gr8'Place.2.store-mEyePassword[ 👀
Vehicles
MY21 J1 Premium RWD SR
Country flag
Is there a link available for Ford Option? I wanted to run some estimates for my situation.
Go to the Mach-E online order pages and start to build out a Mach-E. Then click on the Finance calculator button at the top right of the page. Keep in mind this is a simple calculator and doesn't account for trade-in, taxes, your negotiated sale price, etc.

J Duce

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Explorer Sport
Country flag
Go to the Mach-E online order pages and start to build out a Mach-E. Then click on the Finance calculator button at the top right of the page. Keep in mind this is a simple calculator and doesn't account for trade-in, taxes, your negotiated sale price, etc.
Thank you

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag