AndyS_OSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevrolet BoltEV
Occupation
Educator
Country flag
Sam Pak Five Star is a HUGE dealer for Ford. They own several entities and I’m sure sell more F150s than most
Sponsored

machefan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RR FE 21', Leaf 18' and Bronco BadLands 2022
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Yes yes, an immediate investigation is in order!
That first CA RT1 should be coming to California! ? ??
Yes and the name "First edition" does not mean first to be delivered or produced, just a marketing name for a style or build.

JamieGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Website
spareelectrons.wordpress.com
Vehicles
Mach-E, old: Bolt, C-Max Energi, Focus Electric
Country flag
Wow, nice dealer. A little disappointed that the Streetview images don't have a Mach-E in them LOL.

Perhaps Ford decided that since there are so few CA Rt1's that they would ship them all out first...

: phone rings: "Yes?" "My CA Rt1 is in?" Woo hoo j/k

Apparently they don't sell the most cars of any Ford dealer.

ajmartineau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E
Country flag
They have a Red FE coming also.

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E retail deliveries begin! -- First to customer in Dallas 1609294387846

dliunatic

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E Premium, Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
Country flag
Was there not a thread about a potential delivery scheduled and interview by Ford of the first drive in TX - Dec 29? Need to look that up - that may be next delivery?
Yup that was me that created that other thread, and same dealership! In theory mine should be car #3 in Texas according to dealer over there but will see as my status on the site still didn't show up as in transit yet. Glad to hear they're getting cars in though!

Bookworm214

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Premium Mach-Ex
Occupation
Retired Truck Driver
Country flag
This confirms I gotta keep them from putting that front plate frame on...
My dealer told me it was an option that the dealer had to choose when the car was ordered and since my state, SC, doesn't require it it wasn't ordered.

Kkp

First Name
Kalyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach e
Country flag
I requested no front license plate holder from my dealer. When we get closer to delivery I was asked to remind them.
Is it legal in California not to have front license plate ?

Dan G

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Ioniq
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
No, as far as I know you need one. But to put it on, they just drill holes into the front of the car. There are other aftermarket options that don't require drilling holes into your brand new car.

Maric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grabber Blue FE
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
No. But I have driven in CA without a front lic. Plate for years. If you don’t get pulled over for a violation you probably will never have an issue.
However, it might be difficult to get a CA dealer not to install a front bracket nowadays. I’ve not yet approached this topic with my salesman.
There is a legal vinyl wrap license plate I want to use instead so I don’t have holes drilled into the front fascia.

Richard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E - RWD, Premium, Extended
Country flag
NO. All vehicles must have front and rear license plates as provided by the DMV. California has many laws that are only enforced on a spotty basis; for example, no tinting of the front driver window, front passenger window or the front windshield.

Kamuelaflyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Premium Infinite Blue. ER AWD. 2020 Raptor
Country flag
So the Rt1 badge is on the back of the car. And a front license plate holder - I wonder if the dealer asked the customer about it.
Not everyone is opposed to the front license plate bracket. And Texas is a two plate state.

methorian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E First Edition, Mini Cooper SE
Occupation
IT Admin
Country flag
Not everyone is opposed to the front license plate bracket. And Texas is a two plate state.
I doubt many dealers in 2-plate states ask. The customer would be responsible for requesting no front plate in most cases. I made clear the terms of my delivery to my salesperson (I'm opting to use the front bracket since VA is a 2-plate state, but made sure no stickers, washes/detailing, etc).

Hope we'll see a lot more delivery stories in the next few days. Happy for all of those folks, and maybe just a bit salty mine is stuck on the trim line until the plant reopens.

TxTom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach-E GTPE and 2021 Escape PHEV Titanium
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yes, Texas is a 2-plate state. In recent years local cities have been stopping vehicles with no front plate and citing them accordingly. Stopping them for only that reason. Sometimes warnings, sometimes fines...around $150+/-. Dealers don't always install the plate bracket in the front at delivery because a new car registration here provides a paper plate they install on the rear bracket. Weeks later, both permanent plates are sent to the dealer, and you can pick them up or have them mailed to you.

OP
OP
ChasingCoral

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GB E4X FE, Leaf, Tacoma, F-150 Lightning ordered
Occupation
Retired oceanographer