Mach-E Reviews and the Tesla Bias

Generally speaking, do you think Mach-E Reviewers have a Tesla Bias?

• Agree

• Neutral

• Disagree

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rabidsquirrel22

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Camaro SS, 2021 GTPE
Country flag
So... As one of those YouTuber types... I have to ask. What type of videos would you want to watch now? Now that the previews are done and the reviews are done, I'm making a list of videos to do next. I've thought of range tests (different conditions and weather), charging tests, road trips, how-tos and tips. Any others? Or none of the above?
More road trips and charging tests are always welcome. Those are the kind of videos that I'm looking forward to before making my final decision to get my Mach-E. Like the type of videos Kyle does for Out of Spec.
Sponsored

Jimmy2

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 MME Premium 4EX; 23 MME GTPE Vapor Blue Met
Country flag
The good auto reviewers are more fair. If it is a Tesla channel/owner, they usually love their cars and review with that bias.
Exactly. One thing I don't mind: Continuing to harp on the charging network. Compare it with Tesla. Keep on comparing with what they enjoy in Germany. The more videos/articles we see on that subject, the more the manufacturers will pressure the charging network providers to up their game.

pt19713

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Additionally, if reviewers are going to give Tesla a bump for their charging network, shouldn't Ford get a bump for the vast number of authorized service centers across the country? With the number of build quality issues Tesla's generally have, finding a Tesla dealer isn't a trivial issue for many people. Yet this is never mentioned in the MME and MY comparison.

Maybe it is just me, but just like Apple, Tesla garners such praise from professional reviewers and customers alike that it is hard to get critical feedback. They are overly praised for what they do well, and gloss over what they do wrong. Usually any critical statement is followed up with some explanation of why said issue should be forgiven or diminished.
You have to remember, some of the YouTubers don't have to own the vehicle, so they don't discuss the Tesla service centers, which are still missing in some portions of the country/world. I wouldn't buy a Tesla if I had to travel 3-4 hours to a service center. Yeah, things don't go wrong often but when they do, it's a big inconvenience if you're that far away.

Pros and cons to each brand, it's up to the buyer to decide what's more important and what's not.

OP
OP
Eraser

Eraser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E Premium RWD | SR
Country flag
Correct that was the point I was trying to make. Once the review goes beyond the scope of the actual car reviewers should be more comprehensive in those comparisons. Cherry picking Tesla's mature charging network, but ignoring the lack of service centers, and build quality issues seems disingenuous or at least short sighted. To the point others have made, I agree that multiple factors need to be considered before deciding on one car vs another. I only take issue with reviewers doing unfair comparisons.

On a related note, people should check out @Mach-E VLOG on YouTube. I think Patrick does some solid and unique videos through a non-Tesla lens (which I find very refreshing).

• Love
Reactions: Liv

Mach-E VLOG

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
machevlog.com
Vehicles
Mach-E GT PE - Grabber Blue - Blucifer Twocifer
Country flag
Correct that was the point I was trying to make. Once the review goes beyond the scope of the actual car reviewers should be more comprehensive in those comparisons. Cherry picking Tesla's mature charging network, but ignoring the lack of service centers, and build quality issues seems disingenuous or at least short sighted. To the point others have made, I agree that multiple factors need to be considered before deciding on one car vs another. I only take issue with reviewers doing unfair comparisons.

On a related note, people should check out @Mach-E VLOG on YouTube. I think Patrick does some solid and unique videos through a non-Tesla lens (which I find very refreshing).
Thanks for the shout out. We will do our best to be unbiased. I mean, I do love the car, but it is a $50,000 investment. If it disappoints, I will not be afraid to say so.

This reminds me of a couple of points of contention I have with some reviewers. First, a lot of Tesla YouTubers push their referral codes. The more positive things they say, the more people use their referral codes, the more they make. That might influence them a bit.

And then there are other reviewers that just review every car they can get their hands on. It just seems that it is easy to say a car is good when you aren't actually getting ready to spend $$$ on the car. I was really nervous when we did our Mach-E test drive. I really wanted the car, but I was worried there might be a red flag that would cause me to look elsewhere. Something as simple as my wife's recumbent trike not fitting would have made us reconsider the purchase.

Mirak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"Sonic" 2021 MME Grabber Blue First Edition
Country flag
Thanks for the shout out. We will do our best to be unbiased. I mean, I do love the car, but it is a $50,000 investment. If it disappoints, I will not be afraid to say so.

This reminds me of a couple of points of contention I have with some reviewers. First, a lot of Tesla YouTubers push their referral codes. The more positive things they say, the more people use their referral codes, the more they make. That might influence them a bit.

And then there are other reviewers that just review every car they can get their hands on. It just seems that it is easy to say a car is good when you aren't actually getting ready to spend $$$ on the car.
Exactly. I'd put way more stock in a review if it's by somebody with $50k on the line. Most of the video reviews are NOT that, btw. Frankly the written reviews by users on this forum are probably the most helpful.

darren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback, Mach-E
Country flag
So... As one of those YouTuber types... I have to ask. What type of videos would you want to watch now? Now that the previews are done and the reviews are done, I'm making a list of videos to do next. I've thought of range tests (different conditions and weather), charging tests, road trips, how-tos and tips. Any others? Or none of the above?
i think DIY videos will be nice. Like removing the brackets in the frun, accessing the 12V battery,...

Liv

First Name
Liv
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 RAV4 Art Car
Occupation
BioCAD Engineer
Country flag
I'm making a list of videos to do next. I've thought of range tests (different conditions and weather), charging tests, road trips, how-tos and tips. Any others? Or none of the above?
I'd love to see you and Liv each do a 0-60 test.
haha how about I do a 0-30 to start with!
Sponsored

Last edited: