SpacePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-e Preimum AWD Ext. Battery
Country flag
Tom did a 70 mph range test on the Jersey Turnpike in good weather....managed 286 miles.

Alex managed 244 miles with 14% battery left after driving 5 mph over speed limit. 244/.86=284 miles of range.

Earlier Alex managed 268 mph vs 234 for MY on a real world test some highway and some local...chilly day.
While posting videos of youtubers taking drive on a flat coastal highway on nice dry days are fine, I prefer to be realistic with a middle-of-the road average for an answer.

I’m in the Midwest; we have wind, rain, hills, cold and stuff. Not flat coastal highways. The person I answered was in the UK; I wouldn’t say the UK is particularly known for splendid warm and dry weather either.

Ford says 250. One MIGHT get more, but I wouldn’t PLAN On that, nor does Ford claim it (in the USA anyway). 270 on a charge going 70 mph on the level without any inclement weather isn’t uncommon. I’ve had numbers saying I’d hit right about 280 on a road trip (only used about 70% of my battery, but averaged 3.1 at 70mph). But for a year round average, but I’d say 250 is more realistic for anywhere with more than 1 season.

I’m not disappointed in that at all, I’m exceptionally happy with my Mach-E’s range. But Ford claims 330miles in the UK tearing cycle. Is that in a vacuum while setting the cruise to 35 mph?!?
Sponsored

macgyver60

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E Premium AWD Ext Range
Country flag
Really great writeup. Thanks for taking the time to do it. I agree with so much of it, especially the software and Sync points. I've been frustrated with the "fit" between my phone and the Mach-E. Android Auto is a hot mess and I've abandoned it until Google & Ford execute on their new alliance, whatever it may be.

I'm taking a road trip in 7 days from the SF Bay Area to the Manhattan Beach area in SoCal. Your tips on trip planning and charging are especially great. This will be my first time to do on-the-road charging and I appreciate your advice. I didn't know about ABRP at all -- started playing with it last night and I can definitely see how it will be indispensable. Otherwise I would have depended on the Ford nav app to find chargers, which clearly isn't the best option right now.

Thanks again!
I have been playing around with ABRP at home as well but haven't used it on a road trip yet. One thing you may want to look in to. If you plan to use ABRP through Apple CarPlay you will need to pay for the Premium subscription. The free version can't be played through Apple CarPlay

SteveJo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid, Job 1 Mach-e/X
Country flag
You need internet connectivity to use PaaK.
I thought the Ford MME like Lincoln uses BLE for day-to-day PaaK. I agree that using the internet, except for activation, seems totally unnecessary and problematic esp. for areas with no cell service. How did you conclude that PaaK requires internet?

OP
OP
MJMachForum

MJMachForum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Blue Flex, 2021 Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I thought the Ford MME like Lincoln uses BLE for day-to-day PaaK. I agree that using the internet, except for activation, seems totally unnecessary and problematic esp. for areas with no cell service. How did you conclude that PaaK requires internet?
Whenever I was without cell service PaaK would not work.

OP
OP
MJMachForum

MJMachForum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Blue Flex, 2021 Grabber Blue Mustang Mach E
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Awesome summary - thanks for that! Quick question on the DCFC charge-up prior to your hotel stay. Did you do that in case there were no available charging spots at the hotel? In my experience, I can get 6-7 kW from a typical hotel Level 2 charger, which gives me at least 50-60 kWh of 'free' charge overnight (8-10 hours plugged in). Because of this, I only need to show up at the hotel with ~20%-30% SOC, and I usually end up with 95%-100% the next morning.
The hotels that had chargers were very slow chargers. When I got to the hotel it said it would take over a day to charge. I'm not sure of the speed of the chargers so I just did 80% DCFC then let it charge overnight. I wasn't too worried about getting all free charging just wanted 100% when I woke up.

BadgerGreg

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Mach E Premium RWD SR and 2022 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The hotels that had chargers were very slow chargers. When I got to the hotel it said it would take over a day to charge. I'm not sure of the speed of the chargers so I just did 80% DCFC then let it charge overnight. I wasn't too worried about getting all free charging just wanted 100% when I woke up.
It's certainly a crap shoot with hotel charging. I don't have a huge amount of experience here, but I've been lucky so far with the last three 'free' Level 2 chargers I've used while traveling. They aren't as fast as my home charger (240V / 48A), but I usually get at least 7 kW (240V / 30A) from the hotel chargers. Some of the newer hotel charger installations I've seen on PlugShare are the full 48A. Hopefully that will become the standard, as travelers will often need a full charge overnight.

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
As far as I understood you can put the "direction-shifter" into N and then press the "L" button. That would give you a 30 minute "Temperary Neutral mode", which could be used for a car wash.
Not too complicated...
Wait... What's the difference between this and just pressing N? I used the standard neutral in a car wash and had no problems...

Rabalder74

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME FE - Grabber Blue
Country flag
Wait... What's the difference between this and just pressing N? I used the standard neutral in a car wash and had no problems...
If you open the door the car goes to park automatic. If you press L this does not happen. I understand that for some car wash machine, you do not sit in the car during the process.

Scrannel

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport Diesel. Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Screenwriter
Country flag
Great write up. Based on this fairly positive trip review... my wife nor my son would have the patience for sorting charging. My goddaughter, who designs human replacement parts, would love the challenge. My second goddaughter, an architect, no. Her parents, both engineers, yes. My son's fiancé, yes. Etc. It's all in the charging infrastructure and many think governments should be subsidizing that and not cars. However, all of the above mentioned could use the Tesla charging network because it's dumb-ass simple. Like a gas pump. Ford has made a great car that some people can use for travel. That "some" has to be turned into "all."

mikeho

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach-E
Country flag
If you open the door the car goes to park automatic. If you press L this does not happen. I understand that for some car wash machine, you do not sit in the car during the process.
Ah, I understand now. Thank you for the explanation!

guyofthesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt and MME GT, ICE F-150.
Occupation
airplane driver
Country flag
Start date\mileage: 04-24\789
End date\mileage: 05-27\5803

Please excuse the verboseness of this post and feel free to skip down to the end to see my conclusions and perceptions of the vehicle. Figured since I have the ability to work from anywhere I’d do a road trip and test out my range anxiety. Since I had my Mach E I decided to go visit friends and family back in Cali where I moved from a little over a year ago.

I decided to use PaaK exclusively and had my key fob with me for emergencies but had it in a Faraday bag the entire trip. Along with the in car navigation I also used ABRP and PlugShare to plan out my trip. I also looked for hotels with a charger on-site or near by.

Disclaimer: For those concerned I am vaccinated and only stayed with\visited other vaccinated people or social distanced when appropriate and I made sure I would be fully vaccinated 14 days prior to my departure.

Trip Down Along the 5\99

First Leg: Seattle to Eugene

After getting my house buttoned up and ready for my absence I headed out in the on a Saturday afternoon around 4:30. I plugged in the address of the hotel and off I went. Navigation had me stop off north of the border between WA and OR for a quick DC fast charge. Used the 150 kW Electrify America charger and had no problems. Charge from about 30% to 80% in about 25 mins.

Next stop was the hotel which I made it with about 40% battery. Stopped at a near by EA DCFC to get to 80% then back to the hotel where they had a destination charger. Was able to leave the car plugged in for free overnight and started the next day with 100%.

Second Leg: Eugene to Sacramento
This leg required two charge stops. Again, like the first leg I put in the hotel in Sacramento and the system told me when, where and how long to stop. All charging was at EA DCFC’s. Prior to getting to the hotel I stopped at the EA chargers at the regional airport. I did not

The first charger I plugged in had a fault after 2 kW charge was delivered. I moved to another charger and all was good. Once arriving at the hotel I was able to plug in overnight to get 100% the next morning. No issues were experienced with the destination charger.

Third Leg: Sacramento to Los Angeles
Overnight charging was available at the hotel I was staying at. Staring out at 100% again was nice. I loved being able to just get on the road. This last leg required three charge stops. Navigation worked like a charm again telling me when and where to stop. I did have an issue with a stop in Barstow. The property management was paving and the charger was not taken out of service so I was routed to a dead charging station. This was more of a problem with EA not being notified that their location was not going to be available while the paving was going on. My destination was at a friends house so I also did a DCFC at an EA station near their house. This station was my station of choice while I was in the LA area.

Travels within SoCal
Few weeks were spent in LA and Ventura counties. Then a few weeks in San Bernardino and Riverside counties before making the trek back to Seattle. Chargers were pretty readily available where I was staying that I had no issues getting the car charged up. DCFC worked like a charm in almost all situations. Pay per min was pretty pricy so I avoided when possible.

Nothing of note happened during this part of my trip. I got a few questions from people about that car and a ton of looky-loos. People were really interested in the Mach E.

Trip Up Along the 15\84\82\90
Different experience entirely. No hotel chargers and the charging infrastructure was not as robust as the one down the 5.

First Leg: Palm Springs to Las Vegas
Drive was nice but recommended charging was a problem. The embedded navigation said to stop at two rest stops along the 15. Both rest stop chargers said they were not in the Ford network. The selected charging stops also had single chargers. This has potential to become a problem really quick if a charger was dead or caused a delay if the charger was in use. Favoring stops with multiple chargers would be my preference.

The first rest stop was closed so I had to pass it. The navigation had no option to state that the stop was closed or out of order so the navigation kept rerouting me back to the rest stop. I had to cancel the navigation and restart so it would stop telling me to back track. Ford needs to add an option to state that a stop is out of order so the navigation can properly reroute. I ended up picking stops with the PlugShare app.

Another problem with the embedded navigation is that it skipped other faster chargers just to “split the difference”(so to speak) between the start and destination. I would much prefer to be able to choose from a selection of charging stops instead of the navigation making the choice for me. Maybe add an option to set a preferred network, min\preferred charging speed, and minimum available chargers. Don’t have peace of mind with the embedded navigation. Heavily relied on other apps for my trip.

Second Leg: Las Vegas to St. George\Bryce Canyon\Zion
Drive from Vegas was in the afternoon of day one of this leg. I got into St. George early evening. The next day I did a trip up the 15 to Cedar City for a top off before heading over to Bryce Canyon, then down to Kanab for a quick charge, then over to Zion, and back to St. George. I tried to use the embedded navigation “trip” feature but it would not let me set way points. After messing with it a bit the “trip” feature became grayed out where I could not select it. I tried turning off the car and back on but it never become available.

I gave up and used A Better Route Planner (ABRP) to map my trip from St. George > Cedar City > Bryce > Kanab > Zion > back to St. George. ABRP worked much better than the in car nav. Pretty impressed with it. It’s calculations need some tweaking (you can set these in the app settings) to be more accurate for the Mach E but it was pretty spot on. I didn’t even need the charge in Kanab but it gave me peace of mind. I also loved that, with ABRP, you have the option to stipulate the charge you want to have at the destination. Ford needs to also add this into their navigation. I would have loved to use the in car navigation exclusively but it’s no where near prime time yet. It would work for an ICE vehicle really well but still too feature limited for a BEV in my opinion.

Third Leg: St. George to Salt Lake City
This run I did pre mapping of chargers with PlugShare. The drive was easy and quick. I was able to charge in locations that provided easy dining. Most of the route was 80 mph speed limit which I did 85. This really drains the battery fast and hurts the efficiency. I think the m/kWh was between 1.8 and 2 this stretch. I did notice my guess-o-meter range drop between charges.

Fourth Leg: Salt Lake City to Boise
Another fast drive. This was similar to the previous leg. Nothing really new to report on this leg.

Fifth Leg: Boise to Seattle
This was the longest leg of the trip back to WA. Charging was easily available in the populated areas but very sparse in the rural areas. I planned this trip based on charge stops. I found EA chargers using the PlugShare app and navigated using Apple Maps in CarPlay. There was one section in Boise where is the charger was dead I would have to go to one of the slow chargers in the nearby area. Infrastructure still needs to be built out in Boise.

Conclusions
Charging: Oasis in the Desert

Make sure you check your destinations for charging before heading out on any road trip. With the sparseness of charging and the fact that some chargers can become unavailable without notice, you will want to always make sure you have a plan B. This will put your mind at ease and reduce some anxiety.

I highly recommend using the ABRP and the PlugShare apps. They were a life saver. I was able to plan out contingency chargers in the places I was staying overnight and along the route in general.

PaaK: Retire the key fob?
I do like PaaK and it worked most of the time but I don’t like the constant drain on my battery with “always allow” tracking enabled. If the key fob had remote start features I may not use PaaK. PaaK seems too gimmicky right now. Hope Ford does some improvements here.

Seating: Something chic for your cheeks
Love the styling and comfort of the seating. Although I prefer the seats in my Flex more, the seats in the Mach E were comfortable for the distance I had driven. Don’t think most people will have issues with long drives in the Mach E.

Efficiency: Burning electrons!
Most of the trip I was able to get around 3 miles/kWh so long as you stayed below 65 mph and did not have a ton of heavy grades to climb. Most of the driving I did around LA area was all surface streets. I was able to get the guess-o-meter to show 290 range fully charged. Due to the ability to do 70+ in Nevada/Utah/Idaho my efficiency dropped significantly.

Styling: Turning heads
This car certainly attracts attention. I had people gesturing me thumbs up and smiles while out and about. Way too many people snapping photos of the vehicle. I even had several situations where people would ask me about the car when I was parked.

Power: Need for speed
Love the torque in this thing. There were several times I could just open up and take off. You don’t know how fast you are going. I even had an opportunity to show up an ICE Mustang. I was on the 99 and in the left lane of 2 lanes when some dude came rolling up on my rear. I was going 70 and passing trucks in the right lane. The guy kept riding my rear that I just floored it to get away from him. I could see in my rear view that he was trying to keep up. I blew past the line of trucks and then got over so he could ride some else’s rear. He pulled up next to me, presumably to either ask about the car or provide some other gestures, but I ignored him and he went on his way. All in all, this car is not lacking in power. GT’s are gonna be amazing.

DC Fast Charging: Spare me the kilowatts
Most of the charging throughout the trip was done at EA chargers. The 500 free kWs got me into LA with about 120 to spare. Practically all charging sessions started around 150-160 kWs and would drop to around 90-100 witching 5 mins. I didn’t pay too close attention to the charging rate while the car charged but longest I was at an EA DCFC to get to 80% was 40 mins with the battery at 9%.

While in the areas I was staying for extended periods I used various different public chargers. I chose to go to EA locations when possible as I knew what to expect. Volta free level 2 chargers were nice when I was at shopping centers and the ChargePoint and EVGo chargers worked without issues. I even got some free charging from EA one time when their network had issues processing payments. Cali electric rates are hella expensive especially since most of my friends places were on time of use charging. I decided that I would not be using their electricity to charge my car. (Also, all of them wouldn’t let me pay for my stay so I didn’t want to impose any further than I had.)

My Impressions of the Mach E
These are my personal opinions\suggestions\critiques after owning the car for a few months. Most of my gripes are easy OTA fixes or are nit picky items.

The Good (What I liked)
  1. Overall I love this car. High praises to Ford and all those involved with building this vehicle. Love, love, love it!
  2. Love the get up and go. Really fast car. My car enthusiast friends loved the car.
  3. Backup break assist saved me from hitting some idiot that decided it was a good idea to skateboard behind a moving vehicle. Love this feature! However, there were a few times when I was backing out of a driveway the emergency breaking kicked in with nothing behind me. Don’t know if the car sensed the street as an obstacle due to the angle of the driveway but it didn’t concern me.
  4. Love how quiet the car is.
  5. Opening he drivers door while stopped and in drive puts the car in park. Love this safety feature. I discovered this when I had to slightly open my door to punch in a gate code.
  6. Seating was comfortable for the long ride. I do like the seats in my Flex better but was impressed with the seats in the Mach E.
The Bad (What I didn’t like)
  1. Door armrest where it meets the door panel. Dirt accumulates there and needs to cleaned out with a small brush.
  2. [Personal issue not relating to the car or it’s functions] I don’t like being the center of attention so having people stare at the car, take pictures, and ask questions was kinda strange. 1st world problem but I asked for it when I bought it.
  3. Don’t like the blind spots on this car.
  4. You need internet connectivity to use PaaK. Although I can see why it may be required for authorization from a back end server, it should not be required to get into your vehicle and start the car. This defeated the purpose of having PaaK. Microsoft’s Active Directory product allows for the caching of a users credentials on a local workstation so that the machine does not need to hit a Domain Controller to validate the credentials. This tech has been around since 2000. Little disappointed with this setup. Ideally would have loved to use Apple’s UWB tech. Excluding addition of UWB hardware possible fix with OTA.
  5. I don’t like that I have to always allow location to the FordPass app. I’m not a fan of letting any app track my location all the time and it also drains my battery fast. There is no reason why this should be a requirement in my opinion. Just another way for Ford to get more data on users.
  6. Wireless CarPlay with wireless charging was not possible on a long trip as the phone would overheat. This is an Apple issue 100%.
  7. CarPlay was buggy. For a day CarPlay would not work at all. Removing the phone not re-adding it, rebooting phone and car, and resetting connection did not work. I don’t know why it stopped and started working again. This is an issue that has plagued Sync 3. The two year updates would make system stable for a bit but once Apple released new OS updates issues would start to creep in again. I hope Ford does not go to a two year update cycle on Sync 4. Please keep up with the technology.
  8. Would also be nice to have a restart option for the infotainment system instead of just reset. My flex has issues where CarPlay won’t run. I have to reset the head unit for CarPlay to work again.
  9. Sync 4 is laggy at times, especially when you first start the car. Hardware seems to be on the cheap side. If Apple and Google can make inexpensive phones that are stable for years after release then Ford should do some forward thinking with their hardware. It’s not a good sign when the system is laggy from the get go. The previous sync version hardware was underpowered as well. Little disappointed that Ford still has yet to learn this lesson.
  10. Break blending needs improvement. I’m one that does a slow roll to the stop and you can tell when the hydraulic breaks kick in. Kinda jolts at the end. I was able to anticipate it and kinda accommodate for it.
  11. OTA update turned on some options I turned off. I don’t like to use the auto hold as I don’t want to become accustomed to it. My Flex doesn’t have it and I’m afraid I’d get too use to it that when I drive the Flex I’d forget and roll into someone.
  12. None of the valets I took the car too wanted to deal with using a code. One valet let me park my car in a valet spot upfront and the other I just skipped. Don’t know how this can be made better. I suppose that valets will have to adapt or be replaced with auto parking garages.
  13. I did some research before hand so I knew where I would need to charge to get me to at least 80% before stopping for the night. This enabled me to be ready to hit the road the next day instead of having to find a charger in the morning. Easy OTA addition. The embedded navigation is not ready for BEV use. For this to be BEV worthy Ford needs to add:
    1. Ability to select charge stops from a list of provided stops. PlugShare and ABRP both have better options for selecting chargers than the embedded nav. Ford, please take notes.
    2. Ability to stipulate how much charge you want to have at the destination. The embedded nav does not take into account how much charge to leave you. You are not always going to end up somewhere where you can fast charge. You are left having to figure out charging at your destination. If you pick a destination that has limited or no charging the nav can strand you.
The Ugly (Opportunities I see for improvement)
  1. Although I prefer to never go through a car wash the car does need a car wash button to put the car in true neutral. You can never take it to a car wash that won’t let you ride in the car as explaining how to truly get into neutral is insane. It also would make getting into neutral quicker. Easy OTA addition.
  2. Fix plug and charge to use member pricing. PnC was extremely useful but it’s useless when the free kWs were gone.
  3. Wish Ford would have installed the dual pane windows in the rear to add more sound insulating.
  4. Fan in the dash screen is kinda loud for a car that is touted as a quiet ride. You may not hear the road (under 70 mph) but you hear that fan. Defeats the purpose of a quiet cabin.
  5. Weather strip under the front lip of the hood accumulates debris that scuffs the mating surface. Overtime it will wear down the pained surfaces.
  6. Wish the rear seats had ambient lighting like the mock ups showed. Little disappointed.
  7. Fix the nav. I’ve added some details in the bad section but wanted to repeat here. Fixing this has huge potential for BEV adoption.
  8. Another repeat but also huge opportunity for improvement. Add more beefy hardware for the infotainment system. Ford is riding on a ton of hype and publicity right now. As other auto makers enter the market they could see their market share shrink if they have a repeat of Sync MyFord Touch. Ford is not just selling a car they are selling hardware\software. People love it when things just work.
  9. Updates listed in infotainment system are for Sync only. Would be nice to know versions of other components. As a tech guy I like to know this info.
  10. Stop the “if it ain’t broke don’t fix it” mentality. I’ve seen several others post on this forum about how the disparity between module versions on various cars is vast. This increases troubleshooting time and adds way too many variables for solving an issue. Ford should ask their IT support guys how they feel about having disparity between workstations. If you have all workstations patched to the same level you now limit how many variables are involved with troubleshooting an issue. Ford needs to start looking at their software in this method. Old school auto mentality is not going to cut it if they want to remain competitive. Also, provide system OS version info instead of just Sync version info.
Great post! Thank you.

I agree with your comments on the nav system. I don't use PaaK or Fordpass, and I have an EA subscription. I find it easiest to just input the location of the various DC FCs manually in the nav, either based upon ABRP or the EA app.

Your use of destination chargers matches mine: the best way to go, but I'm worried there won't be enough slots quite soon.

Thanks for posting!

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
hotels.com has an "electric vehicle charging point" search filter for this. You could also check plugshare.com.

I called the hotel I was interested in to verify that the charging was "universal" and not just for Teslas. (I don't have an adapter.) They said it was for all EVs...

Then I showed up and it looked like it was only for Tesla, since it was obviously the Tesla wall mount charging option (on pedestals in the parking lot). I was about to be pretty upset... But I got out and took a closer look at it and noticed that on each pedestal, they had a Tesla charger facing the parking space and a Clipper Creek J1772 charger facing towards the building. So all was good. :)
Coincidentally, Tesla's destination charger program used to (maybe still does) include at least one J1772 charger in the destination charger combo pack (Tesla plugs and J-plugs) They're a bit surprising to see but they're out there.

Tesla Destination Charging

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Road Trip: Seattle to Los Angeles and Back - Experience, Data, Impressions Screenshot_20210614-160218

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Road Trip: Seattle to Los Angeles and Back - Experience, Data, Impressions Screenshot_20210614-160023

silverelan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach-E GT
Country flag
I have been playing around with ABRP at home as well but haven't used it on a road trip yet. One thing you may want to look in to. If you plan to use ABRP through Apple CarPlay you will need to pay for the Premium subscription. The free version can't be played through Apple CarPlay
ABRP says that their free version estimates are off by 10% but should be spot-on if you're using their Live Data option.

Last edited:

Gilles

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Volt with Mach-e on order
Country flag
At 70-75mph in decent weather, you'll get about 250 miles (which is actually the EPA highway rating). So on the Mach-E4x that the poster presumably has, that's about 2.8 mi/kWhr. Which is about what I've experienced myself. If the temps were below about 50°F, you'd probably want to reduce your expectations even more.
I just completed a 1288 km road trip (Toronto to south of Montreal) on my MME RWD ext. range. I had the cruise control set a at 116 kmph (72 mph) and had a 480 km (298 miles) range. I did two fast charge and two overnight charges. I use plugshare.com to find an hotel with overnight charger close by (just across the street). First fast charge was from 52% to 80% in 17 minutes. The second fast charge was from 27% to 80%. The charger would stop after few minutes while below 50% and I had to restart it 5 times but got to 80% in less than 1/2 hour (including restarting times). Total cost of the fast charge was $10. ($CAD). First overnight charge added 77.15 kwh (cost $16.67) and was still charging when we left early in the morning. The second overnight (two days later) added 41.83 kwh ($6.72) in about 7 hours, to get to 100% .

tuminatr

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 MME, 1964 G1 Mustang, 1993 Mustang
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Coincidentally, Tesla's destination charger program used to (maybe still does) include at least one J1772 charger in the destination charger combo pack (Tesla plugs and J-plugs) They're a bit surprising to see but they're out there.

Tesla Destination Charging

Ford Mustang Mach-E Mach-E Road Trip: Seattle to Los Angeles and Back - Experience, Data, Impressions Screenshot_20210614-160023

The other option is a Teslatap. It converts Tesla's property plug to standard j1772. I bought one because many of the places I go are Tesla destination charger hotels. Typically they have 3 Tesla 60a and one 32a j1772, so I use the adapter and the 60a plug our cars will accept 48a rate of charge. This way I am good to go early in the morning